Dave can be rude and abrupt to some Callers!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Dave can be rude and abrupt to some Callers!!

do you notice Dave gets a little nasty and abrupt when a he disagrees with a caller, sometimes you have to respect others opinion even if you disagree with them!!
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

You just need to be on your toes, keep your question intelligently interesting,

don't give the shpeel "Oh Dave, I've loved you in Van Halen since 1984".....

for Dave so that you don't get cut off... but do compliment the show to him.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Roy Munson
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Re: Dave can be rude and abrupt to some Callers!!

Originally posted by firestarter
      do you notice Dave gets a little nasty and abrupt when a he disagrees with a caller, sometimes you have to respect others opinion even if you disagree with them!!

You sound like a fucking cry-baby. You ever listen to much radio before? Doesn't sound like it.

Do this: Try calling your favorite radio show...one where you think they are "nice"... and report back to me if you had a nice, fuzzy feeling about it.
      Originally posted by ELVIS
      I guess you're right...

Comment

• m_dixon1984
        Foot Soldier
        • Aug 2004

From what I've heard he's been gracious to everyone that has a good point and is able to articulate their point of view. He gets nasty (very slightly, IMO) and abrupt when callers are ignorant or off topic. Any caller that insists on stating that they've been a fan forever and love his music deserve to be treated rudely right off the bat for the simple reason that they've proven they aren't really interested in the subject matter. It's the fucking phone, people, your compliments and musical tastes mean so little, to him and the audience, given the non-intimate nature of the conversation. Stop wasting everyone's time, get to the point, and try to have something intelligent say. You'll feel better having had a real conversation with the Diamond One instead of just being another groupie spouting the same old crap.
        M
        http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Dave probably tells the annoying callers,"I'm going to fuck your girlfriend!" or "Don't stick that toungue out at me unless you are going to use it bitch!"

Since when was Dave not an asshole. That was part of his appeal.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• wiseguy
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
            From what I've heard he's been gracious to everyone that has a good point and is able to articulate their point of view. He gets nasty (very slightly, IMO) and abrupt when callers are ignorant or off topic. Any caller that insists on stating that they've been a fan forever and love his music deserve to be treated rudely right off the bat for the simple reason that they've proven they aren't really interested in the subject matter. It's the fucking phone, people, your compliments and musical tastes mean so little, to him and the audience, given the non-intimate nature of the conversation. Stop wasting everyone's time, get to the point, and try to have something intelligent say. You'll feel better having had a real conversation with the Diamond One instead of just being another groupie spouting the same old crap.
            M
            i couldn't of said it better myself.

just do the usual...."hey dave, big fan" and then get to the root.

"your on, SWING"
            Stay frosty now.
            Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• Roy Munson
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

What's the big deal?

Does a person expect to talk to Dave, or any other talk show host for that matter, like an old friend? Hosts don't have to listen to your shit if they don't want to. It's that simple.
              Originally posted by ELVIS
              I guess you're right...

Comment

• kristalny
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2006

I think he gives people their time to talk and listen. I think hes very quick in replies and alot of people are not as fast as him

But if you know he doesn't care to hear that your a big fan, etc then dont tell him, alot of celebs dont really care to hear that anyway.

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
                  Roadie
                  • Feb 2004

Howard Stern does the same thing and I don't hear anybody complaining about it.
                  Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!

Comment

• bru87tr
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

some callers deserve what they get. you cant call DLR and have nothing to say. if your stupid enough to do that you deserved to get hammered by dave.
                    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• firestarter
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

dave is not the easiest person to understand

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

I know that Dave wants to talk about what he wants to talk about,

But, IMO, there is nothing wrong with a long time fan telling Dave that he digs Classic Van Halen.

Just imagine calling Dave after being a fan for 20 something years and he hangs up your ass because you're trying to say "nice job" or "thanks for the music" before you get to your point.

WTF?

I think Dave is 100% wrong for hanging up on his fans

Hang up on trolls, not your fans, Dave.
                        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                          Sniper
                          • Aug 2005

David Lee Roth is only human.

It's the human side we wished we did not see or hear in people.

I agree with D girl though...respect the fans...

Especially since Dave hasnt been the apple of the publics eye for awhile.

Who knows...who cares...

It's Dave.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                            I know that Dave wants to talk about what he wants to talk about,

But, IMO, there is nothing wrong with a long time fan telling Dave that he digs Classic Van Halen.

Just imagine calling Dave after being a fan for 20 something years and he hangs up your ass because you're trying to say "nice job" or "thanks for the music" before you get to your point.

WTF?

I think Dave is 100% wrong for hanging up on his fans

Hang up on trolls, not your fans, Dave.
                            I agree... he is fast on the trigger towards the end.
                            He choses to flirt with some girls (groupies or not) yet, does not seem to care for compliments about others...

Although I don't think that he is being rude at all to anybody and that in fact,
                            he truely welcomes different opinions...
                            "Do you agree or disagree?"

I've ben listening to open lines in several cities (U.S and Canadian) and so far...
                            he is the host I find most reapectful to his guests.

I like the fact that he has "no time" or intentions
                            to just fuck around with people that don't have much to say to start with...
                            Last edited by blonddgirl777; 02-10-2006, 04:22 PM.
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                            Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                            Originally posted by VanHalener
                            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                            Originally posted by FORD
                            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• wiseguy
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

Its funny though, I think it would be easier to phone in and SLAM him. I think he looks for conflict, he LOVES it and welcomes it baby.
                              Just at the end tell him, you really love him and appreciate everything he has done.
                              Boy that would piss him off
                              LOL
                              Stay frosty now.
                              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

Working...