X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

ELLLVIS !

Cut me up another piece 'uh Percodan pie !!!!!!!!

Note: grim reaper just out of camera view .....

Funny videos, fail videos, funny pictures, funny galleries, funny links, flash games, jokes, caption contests, photoshop contests
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Rebel
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2004

Yea, I've seen that, we were talking about it in the Elvis thread in music. He was hopped up on something no doubt, kinda sad really. Even then, when he kicked back into the song, he could still light it up.
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I was lucky to have met that man through my mother, he was like a King let me tell you.
      He died later that year.

Elvis was my first concert ever, and he was the first person to influence me to be a performer....Ace Frehley made me want to use the guitar to do it.....a couple years later.....BAM, I heard Eruption and the rest was history.

Flashbacks are much cooler when they aren't drug related.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

CBS-TV-special...sad...sad...sad...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That might not be all drugs. In the later years, Elvis would mix up the lyrics a little bit, especially on the sappier songs. For example, on "Love Me Tender" he would sing "You have made my life a wreck, uh err.. complete".

Just a way of adding a little life to material that would otherwise be dreadfully boring, even to the middle aged housewives screaming in front of the stage.

What was actually sad in the later performances was that the drugs slowed the King down to the point where he couldn't keep up with his own hits like Jailhouse Rock. It was painful to hear him mumble "Wardenthrewapartyinthecountyjail" at the same slow pace he did in the above video

If the special had been shown before his death instead of after (at least that's when I saw it) then it would have been painfully obvious the man was in trouble.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
            Even then, when he kicked back into the song, he could still light it up.
            This is exactly what I thought while watching the vid (thanks diamondjimi for the link!). His legendary presence was still working although he was like gone that night.
            Even when half fit I guess Elvis offered worthwhile performances.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Reading is fundamental....

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Nah, not drunk. Just zonked out of his mind on whatever Dr. Nick was giving him...probably heavy on Demerol.

Yeah, Elvis WAS a fucking wreck the last several years of his life. Did it to himself, but plenty of his entourage were willing to stand around and let him do as he pleased.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Nah, not drunk. Just zonked out of his mind on whatever Dr. Nick was giving him...probably heavy on Demerol.

Yeah, Elvis WAS a fucking wreck the last several years of his life. Did it to himself, but plenty of his entourage were willing to stand around and let him do as he pleased.
                  His flunkies should've been more aggressive in helping him keep his shit together. Dr.Nick should've recieved jail time. Bunch of fuckin leaches , the whole fuckin lot of 'em.
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    If the special had been shown before his death instead of after (at least that's when I saw it) then it would have been painfully obvious the man was in trouble.
                    he died too close after the making...I guess most people just closed their eyes...it was obvious for years that the man was in trouble
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                      His flunkies should've been more aggressive in helping him keep his shit together. Dr.Nick should've recieved jail time. Bunch of fuckin leaches , the whole fuckin lot of 'em.

Yup.

Sonny, Red, Wes...his gal pals Linda and Ginger...

Priscilla obviously realized the man was a nutter and got clear of that shit early on. But you're totally right. He was surrounded by a bunch of leeches.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...