PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, that will be $700

capnfrantic
02-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Wounded US Solider Billed For Lost Body Armour
9:26 AM, 08 Feb 2006
A U.S. soldier who was removed from the battlefield in Iraq on a stretcher has reportedly been forced to pay US$700 for the body armour taken off his blood-soaked body.

The Charleston Gazette reports 1st Lt. William “Eddie” Rebrook IV last saw his body armor when he was lying on a stretcher in Iraq with his arm shattered and covered in blood.

The paper says a field medic tied a tourniquet around Rebrook’s right arm to stanch the bleeding from shrapnel wounds and soldiers yanked off his body armor. Lt. Rebrook says he never saw it again.

25 year old Lt. Rebrook was leaving the Army for good because of his injuries. He says he turned in his gear at his base in Fort Hood, Texas, but was informed there was no record that the body armor had been stripped from him in battle.
He was told to pay nearly $700 or face not being discharged for weeks, perhaps months.

“I last saw the [body armor] when it was pulled off my bleeding body while I was being evacuated in a helicopter,” Rebrook was quoted as saying.“They took it off me and burned it.”

He says no one documented that he lost his Kevlar body armor during battle and no one wrote down that armor had apparently been incinerated as a biohazard.

Rebrook, 25, raised the cash from his Army buddies and has returned home to Charleston.

Rebrook’s mother, Beckie Drumheler, says she was saddened and angry when she learned that the Army discharged her son with a $700 bill.

“Soldiers who serve their country, those who put their lives on the line, deserve better,” the Gazette reported her as saying.

“I wanted to stand on a street corner and yell through a megaphone about this,” she said.

Rebrook’s right arm has not recovered completely and he still has range of motion problems. He says he still has pain when he turns over to sleep at night.

Lt. Rebrook says in the past the Army allowed to soldiers to write memos, explaining the loss and destruction of gear, but a new policy required a “report of survey” from the field that documented the loss.

He says he knows other soldiers who also have been forced to pay for equipment destroyed in battle.

There was no immediate comment from the U.S. Military.

What?

FORD
02-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Maybe this is the new BCE plan for paying off the massive debt?

Bill the soldiers for their armor. I've heard they also cut the pay of wounded (as in amputees) soldiers because they aren't on active duty.

Heartless fucking bastards....

Nickdfresh
02-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Dupe.

capnfrantic
02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Sorry if repost... Still a pisser.

Cathedral
02-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by capnfrantic
Sorry if repost... Still a pisser.

Fuck him, he's not the mod in this forum and i am quite sure the actual mods don't need his help doing their job.

Just tell his power tripping egomanical ass to suck a dick and go play.

capnfrantic
02-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Fuck him, he's not the mod in this forum and i am quite sure the actual mods don't need his help doing their job.

Well you heard it here first NickD....

Nitro Express
02-12-2006, 03:14 PM
It's worse than Roman times. A Roman soldier had to buy his own equipment but was entittled to his cut of the spoils of war. The loot.

A soldier today can't even take a war trophy home like the guys in WWII could.

Haliburton gets the spoils of war while the guys who got it for them pay with their lives, limbs, and for the kelvlar that their gushing blood ruined.

What a rip-off.

Nickdfresh
02-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

CAT, take a few deeps breaths, crack open a couple cold ones and gently browse through a Sports Illustrated Swim suit edition and think positive thoughts. Then you'll come to the conclusion that anything said here affects nothing and matters little.... It's just the internet man, seriously...

Nickdfresh
02-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It's worse than Roman times. A Roman soldier had to buy his own equipment but was entittled to his cut of the spoils of war. The loot.

A soldier today can't even take a war trophy home like the guys in WWII could.

Haliburton gets the spoils of war while the guys who got it for them pay with their lives, limbs, and for the kelvlar that their gushing blood ruined.

What a rip-off.

Yeah, and Roman Soldiers didn't have to watch Merc's, er --'security contractors,' get paid $1800-a-week (tax free) for doing the same thing they were...

blueturk
02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
"Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —George W. Bush in a rare moment of logical thinking, to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

4moreyears
02-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
CAT, take a few deeps breaths, crack open a couple cold ones and gently browse through a Sports Illustrated Swim suit edition and think positive thoughts. Then you'll come to the conclusion that anything said here affects nothing and matters little.... It's just the internet man, seriously...

Especially thinmgs said by you, Ford, Bluedick and Hardrock.

capnfrantic
02-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears

Here is the link to one of YOUR threads-

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32606

Feel free to hijack your own threads at any time...

blueturk
02-13-2006, 07:02 AM

Does the Toby Keith Army Forums crowd miss you yet?

Nickdfresh
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM

"Thinmgs" idiot? I don't recall saying anythinmg' to you...

4moreyears
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Does the Toby Keith Army Forums crowd miss you yet?

Dumbfuck, Toby Keith is a registered democrat.

FORD
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM

Yeah, just like Zell Miller, Joe Lieberman, and Ben Nelson :rolleyes:

blueturk
02-13-2006, 10:57 PM

He's a democrat like Alice Cooper is a democrat. Need proof, dumbfuck?

Try this link. What you do is, you click on the highlighted text.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Aug-28-Sat-2004/news/24645016.html

Good! Here's another one...

http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Toby_Keith.php

From now on, why don't don't you try knowing what you're talking about before you post any more of your stupid shit?

4moreyears
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
He's a democrat like Alice Cooper is a democrat. Need proof, dumbfuck?

Try this link. What you do is, you click on the highlighted text.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Aug-28-Sat-2004/news/24645016.html

Good! Here's another one...

http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Toby_Keith.php

From now on, why don't don't you try knowing what you're talking about before you post any more of your stupid shit?

Can you read the title? He is a democrat. Just because he thought Kerry was a joke and wanted to vote for Bush does not mean he is a Republican. Are you a dumbfuck. I voted for Obama here in Illinois, but I would not call myself a democrat.

FORD
02-13-2006, 11:26 PM
If you voted for George Chimpy Bush, you are not a Democrat.

blueturk
02-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD

And if you donated to Dubya's re-election campaign, you are not a Democrat.

DrMaddVibe
02-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by FORD

But if you voted for JOhnKErry you are?

Bawhahahahahahahaha!

Warham
02-14-2006, 06:56 AM
If you voted for JOhn KErry, you're an internationalist, where you go to the UN and ask permission from third world dictators to be able to defend your country. Call it a 'global test'.

Nickdfresh
02-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Warham
If you voted for JOhn KErry, you're an internationalist, where you go to the UN and ask permission from third world dictators to be able to defend your country. Call it a 'global test'.

Really? Have any examples of "asking for permission" to defend oneself?

4moreyears
02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Really? Have any examples of "asking for permission" to defend oneself?

Thank god we were never put in the position for this moron to exicute his plan. Nick, he lost the election. But he did say that before he used force that use of such force would have to pass the global test.

Nickdfresh
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Thank god we were never put in the position for this moron to exicute his plan. Nick, he lost the election. But he did say that before he used force that use of such force would have to pass the global test.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to invade other countries with no one of military consequence to to help so you get tied down into a classic guerrilla war...

Warham
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it's always a good idea to invade other countries with no one of military consequence to to help so you get tied down into a classic guerrilla war...

Anyone with a military of consequence that we are allies with did help, besides Israel, and they have their own problems.

But that's not the point. John Kerry basically said we needed a permission slip from the UN before we unilaterally made any decisions regarding our security and threats to our country from foreign sources.

4moreyears
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
consequence to to help

I can to to help!!! Dumb Fuck!!!