PDA

View Full Version : What's this Quote from Dave that everyone over at VHLinks is upset about?

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Ov, they have valuable info on CVH, but what did Dave say ? I only heard the last hour of Friday's show when AVY LEE ROTH was guest....I thought that was mind-blowing, but I didn't hear earlier broadcasts where DLR said it's useless to have a Reunion and saying something to the effect about Ed and the "Dying of Cancer Tour"?

Can anyone elaborate on which hour this was commented on? and how you interpreted it???

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I have heard it...he was talking about bringing back VH together for the original spirit and not have the people to come and watch the tour because they feel pity and want to see some part of the bands for the "last time"....

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Over at the VHLinks, they were saying that Dave hit the last straw with that terrible comment.

Was he really putting Ed down about the Cancer?...is that the way you took it?

I understand about Dave not wanting fans to pity them, I think he would know that most of us just want those guys back together because it be one of the greatest days of MY Life to see it and be there to hear them play again.

Pity doesn't even register for me.

diamondsgirl
02-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Dave was not himself Friday at all for whatever reason.

Thats just my opinion from listening to Dave for years and years ...he woke upon the wrong side of the bed or something.

Not making excuses for him...he doesn't need anyone doing that. he can say whatever the fuck he wants, but its just an observation of mine.

He seemed better by the end of the show.

Maybe he was having Redbull withdrawl.:D

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 01:05 PM
these pussies at the links just don't get it...most of them haven't heard it at all and the few that did, didn't understand what dave said...

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I do remember at the end of Friday's show after speaking with AVY, Dave did make a comment that he wasn't himself that day, so, I think that tells us that he probably just felt like a RED BULL.

I excuse him.

Everytime I hear that some other 80's band is reuniting and touring it pisses me off, so it must be ten-fold for ROTH that the sisters are still holding grudges....now that's what I call living in the past!!! Do ya think?

Enough of this crap about Dave living in the 80's still.......anyone holding grudges for this length of time, like the Sisters are doing, are obviously living today and yesterday like it's 1984.

As Andy Johns once said (after Dave left) that Ed was crying and chewing nails over Dave's departure.

diamondsgirl
02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
It must be very frustrating for him.

And if Dave needs to get out some of that frustration, I'm always available. :)

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
It must be very frustrating for him.

And if Dave needs to get out some of that frustration, I'm always available. :)

I hear you, DG.....that sleeping bag would definitely be wrinkled for weeks!

Matt White
02-12-2006, 01:40 PM
"What's this Quote from Dave that everyone over at VHLinks is upset about?"

Ya gotta remember Ban...The LINKS is full of SHEEP that would buy a bag of EVH's feces if the bag was stripped!!!

Talk about "La-La land"......

Coyote
02-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Only wrinkled?

Judging by your posts, it'll be torn to shreds... :hitch:

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Only wrinkled?

Judging by your posts, it'll be torn to shreds... :hitch:

Coyote....You are RIGHT ON THE MONEY !!!!

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
"What's this Quote from Dave that everyone over at VHLinks is upset about?"

Ya gotta remember Ban...The LINKS is full of SHEEP that would buy a bag of EVH's feces if the bag was stripped!!!

Talk about "La-La land"......

Well, I did hear that there is a certain negativity over at the Links, but I don't get it. Unless, there is a majority of Spam-tards that lurk over there.

I'm trying to listen to Friday's broadcast to hear how bad Dave's comment was.... any idea which hour it was on?

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 02:04 PM
must have been after three hours...

Coyote
02-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Coyote....You are RIGHT ON THE MONEY !!!!

I have my moments. :)

diamondsgirl
02-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I hear you, DG.....that sleeping bag would definitely be wrinkled for weeks!

did you hear what he said about when girl slides into his sleeping bag?

grrrr...

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 02:51 PM
No, I didn't get to hear much of Friday's show...I woke up when he began the interview with AVY.

What did he say??? Wow, what an experience it must be!!! Make sure that sleeping bag is manufactured with double-seams and durable for all conditions...including horny ones!!!

Tumblin' with the Devil.. :)

Matt White
02-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, I did hear that there is a certain negativity over at the Links, but I don't get it. Unless, there is a majority of Spam-tards that lurk over there.

I'm trying to listen to Friday's broadcast to hear how bad Dave's comment was.... any idea which hour it was on?

Honey...it is almost entirely Spam-tards, Sheepeople & EVH-apologist......

Guys who would crawl across a desert on their hands and knees, thru broken glass & cobras for a chance to Knob-off EVH........

Of course...some of our esteemed Army soliders frequent the place...and lend it some credibility!!!

HA!!!

Brett...by the way...has a sense of humor.....

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 03:16 PM
here it is...some linker subscribed it...

"What somebody like Eddie will do is he'll wait until the very caboose of the train has passed and then we'll do what I call "The Dyin'a Tour".....Dyin'a Cancer.....The musicals sucked, and the intros will be wrong, the solos will be flacid and the endings will be bungled and we'll all go 'Well it's the dyin'a cancer tour....oh man, well we won't complain about it....we'll just accept it....we'll just kinda swallow it like a bitter pill." And at that point I'd say, "Why don't we draw the line fellas?....let's not do it, let's maintain some dignity....some kind of memory here."

ok for me...

Matt White
02-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Exactly Natra....outta context the EVH-Sheep get their panties all in a bunch!!!

BOO-FUCKING-HOO!!!

He wasn't makin' fun of EVH...as easy as it would be.....

FUCKING retarded bunch of CUNTS

Coyote
02-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
"What somebody like Eddie will do is he'll wait until the very caboose of the train has passed and then we'll do what I call "The Dyin'a Tour".....Dyin'a Cancer.....The musicals sucked, and the intros will be wrong, the solos will be flacid and the endings will be bungled and we'll all go 'Well it's the dyin'a cancer tour....oh man, well we won't complain about it....we'll just accept it....we'll just kinda swallow it like a bitter pill."

Didn't that already happen?

Ah, wait. That was the '04 "Fleece The Sheep" tour...

I had my concepts mixed up there.

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
FUCKING retarded bunch of CUNTS

that's a typical linker profile... :D

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Okay, I get what ROTH is saying.....he wasn't cutting ED down....what are those guys at Links thinkin?

And ROTH is right! ED & AL will wait until it's too late based on a health issue in order to want to finally do something. I think ROTH has already figured that due to their longevity with grudges, DLR is not going to wait on these assholes.

thome
02-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay, I get what ROTH is saying.....he wasn't cutting ED down....what are those guys at Links thinkin?

And ROTH is right! ED & AL will wait until it's too late based on a health issue in order to want to finally do something. I think ROTH has already figured that due to their longevity with grudges, DLR is not going to wait on these assholes.

Dave will and has done fine with or without VH

It in my op, always will be so..

If VH gears up w/ Dave, great

If not great

To be quite honest, i like dave and wouldn't mind it if he, never played
as VH again,.

Good Post Ban..:cool:

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2006, 04:08 PM
good lord...I'm going through all the thread at the links and all I can say is that these pussies will never get it...now they diss dave not to stand for his age...how come that I hear the "I am 51" line every day (while ed still tries to pretend that he is 48)...

bantonelli
02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by thome
Dave will and has done fine with or without VH

It in my op, always will be so..

If VH gears up w/ Dave, great

If not great

To be quite honest, i like dave and wouldn't mind it if he, never played
as VH again,.

Good Post Ban..:cool:

Go check out the other post about another article printed today about the ROCKSTAR:VH possibility:

www.TMZ.com (today's article and voting poll)

mako_kimura
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Sounds like a bunch o' poo-seys over at the links. Well, I don't think he was dissing Ed

Plexi Head
02-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Honey...it is almost entirely Spam-tards, Sheepeople & EVH-apologist......

Guys who would crawl across a desert on their hands and knees, thru broken glass & cobras for a chance to Knob-off EVH........

Of course...some of our esteemed Army soliders frequent the place...and lend it some credibility!!!

HA!!!

Brett...by the way...has a sense of humor.....

So did Hitler.

Plexi Head
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
FUCK the links.

Who cares? The more the LIEnks is mentioned here the more relevant they feel about themselves.

The Links does nothing but slag the Army off at every opportunity.
They feel they are superior and the condescending attitude that permeates in that place makes me want to vomit.

rustoffa
02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
They're upset @ the links? Fuck, everytime I peek in there, it's like a Stewart Smalley cuntvention.

Nickdfresh
02-12-2006, 09:30 PM
If only that plane had crashed coming back from Germany in September of 1984...

Seshmeister
02-12-2006, 09:50 PM
The whole thread is depressingly stupid.

You have 5 pages where they don't even understand what Roth said. Then you get a few where they do and it's stupid too.

A large majority of that site seem to have blinkered a hero worship thing going on for EVH who is a deeply flawed person.

Roth has his faults but EVH is really someone to be pitied at this point.

MAX
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Look, I consider Brett a stellar friend and many at that site great net pals but that fuckin' thread 'tis pathetic. However and thankfully Loons has proven (yet again) as to why he's the best poster ever. That dear friend of mine put a lot of bullets in that thread. I'm surprised it isn't closed?

Anyhoo, I've never been into site vs. site crap but some of those people? :eek: Rip on Dave at will and according to them, his radio show 'tis already cancelled. :rolleyes:

I swear, some of those folks would drink a glass of Ed's liquid shit if given the opportunity. :uck:

Dan
02-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX

I swear, some of those folks would drink a glass of Ed's liquid shit if given the opportunity. :uck:

LOL

bravo312
02-12-2006, 11:13 PM
What ever the comments were, he still loves the V.H. boys but really and sadly the time has come and gone. It will not happen(reunion) now or ever. It's not 1985 or 1995 for that matter. I much as I'd love to see it, the time and excitement has long pasted. I hope Dave's show gets better with time and the Van Halen stuff with him is remembered in it's place in HISTORY were it should be.

Matt White
02-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Fuck 'em if they cunt take a joke......

Faquar
02-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Agree the cancer-reference was not directed at Eddie; remember, just before that (wile he was speaking-out against old rock bands trying to recapture their youth) he said: "rockers w/walkers tour". I think his cancer mentioned was in that vein...

Vinnie Velvet
02-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Its clear that Dave is bitter over the whole VH situation.

And he's said it before -- Eddie is guilty of wasted time.

If you read Dave's book, he talks about wanting to do things "before it may be too late."

Like saying, "what if I'm stricken with something?" You do the best you can and live every day like its your last.

Which means, quit wasting time, grab your guitar and let's get out there.

Apparently, the sisters just don't get Dave's philosophy.

To Dave, all the in-fighting is just not worth it -- let's just get out there and play -- make music.

Whatever negative energy you have, channel that into creating music and then you'll feel better.

Eddie just never got that.

Hardrock69
02-13-2006, 12:47 PM
EDWARD VAN HALEN NEEDS TO DIE OF CANCER! KICK THAT FUCKING BUCKET ALREADY!

There. The Linky Cry-babies oughta start crying for their mommees over that one.

:rolleyes:

Bob_R
02-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Its clear that Dave is bitter over the whole VH situation.

And he's said it before -- Eddie is guilty of wasted time.

If you read Dave's book, he talks about wanting to do things "before it may be too late."

Like saying, "what if I'm stricken with something?" You do the best you can and live every day like its your last.

Which means, quit wasting time, grab your guitar and let's get out there.

Apparently, the sisters just don't get Dave's philosophy.

To Dave, all the in-fighting is just not worth it -- let's just get out there and play -- make music.

Whatever negative energy you have, channel that into creating music and then you'll feel better.

Eddie just never got that.

Exactly.

That's more or less what he meant by the comment.

I'll admit maybe he shouldn't have used the "C" word. But, he meant it referring to "all of them". Not dissing Edward. I think he just spoke before he thought just like we all do at one time or another.

The Hagaritas are too sensitive. :)

Terry
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I dunno about pity for Edward.

Dude's still smoking after his cancer scare. His wife was going on Lifetime every 5 minutes during the mid 1990s saying that it was good Ed had quit drinking, because she was gonna leave him otherwise. Ed falls back off the wagon, so she leaves.

Kinda hard to feel bad for the guy when he knew the possible consequences for his actions, then went ahead and did what he wanted to do anyway. I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

Would imagine the linkers are upset because the output from their hero in the last 8 years has amounted to three shit songs, a shit tour with everyone's (at best) second choice for singer (I have to believe that even the most hardcore Eddie grunts and sheep would rather have Roth out front [it's just the way it ought to be with VH]...and just rationalize it as a good thing Sam is there because, well, what choice do they have? Oh yeah, there is a choice: not to listen when the music sucks), and a bunch of lame explanations by EVH which really amounted to nothing but poor excuses as to why he's sat on his ass doing jack-shit for so long...

..naturally they are upset with the Army, because Dave didn't just wither up and die after the 1996 fallout. He's put out two albums, hit the road consistently and PLAYED THE SONGS THE FANS WANT TO HEAR, as opposed to power ballads.

Kinda confusing why the biggest cheers at any Van Hagar show are for the classic material...must be a freudian slip on the part of the audience, that as much as says "This is the stuff we really want to hear, back when the bloated tequila salesman up there onstage WASN'T with the band!"

And you know what? Even if Dave's intention with those comments was to say, "hey, let's go out there and play before one of us (i.e. Ed) kicks the bucket, before it's too late," then good for him. The Van Halens need to have it put to them that bluntly and more often. Otherwise we're gonna end up with Van Halen touring in 2007 with the winner of this season's Rock Star, and that'll be a fiasco that'll make Van Halen 3 and the 2004 tour look like sane career moves in comparison.

jslav06
02-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Van Halen will NOT be on rockstar. It's already been completely proven.

Unchainme
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
"...And someone said fair warning
Lord will strike that poor boy down
Turned from hunted into hunter
Went to hunt somebody down...

Hey boys & girls...
Are you ignorant?
Narrow minded?
Are your parents cousins?
Can you only discuss Van Halen with others with anger and insults instead of intelligence and insight?
Still wear spandex pants and sport a mullet?
Believe in Big Foot & The Loch Ness Monster?
Believe that Van Halen ceased to exist in 1985?
Foolishly continue to believe that DLR is, was and will always be "Van Halen"?
Then you are currently on the wrong website. Please redirect your stupidity, anger, bitterness, jealousy and soiled diapers to the DLR Army. They will be more than happy to welcome another Rothtard into the fold! Just don't forget to bring your own pacifier and assless chaps!"

Heres from some idiots sig over there. Sometimes the links irrtates me, This is one of those times.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=30334&page=5&pp=15

Brett
02-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Why are you a Nirvana fan Unchainme? My condolences to you.

Wawazat
02-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Heres from some idiots sig over there. Sometimes the links irrtates me, This is one of those times.

sig just fits username

a/d :D

bueno bob
02-16-2006, 07:01 AM
I've discovered that Eddie and Alex Van Halen were born without any inspiration to work, and that after September of 1984, they cut off their own genetalia.

Apparently, they tried to reattach it in the summer of 1996, but the superglue didn't hold.

This explains everything.

bueno bob
02-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
"...And someone said fair warning
Lord will strike that poor boy down
Turned from hunted into hunter
Went to hunt somebody down...

Hey boys & girls...
Are you ignorant?
Narrow minded?
Are your parents cousins?
Can you only discuss Van Halen with others with anger and insults instead of intelligence and insight?
Still wear spandex pants and sport a mullet?
Believe in Big Foot & The Loch Ness Monster?
Believe that Van Halen ceased to exist in 1985?
Foolishly continue to believe that DLR is, was and will always be "Van Halen"?
Then you are currently on the wrong website. Please redirect your stupidity, anger, bitterness, jealousy and soiled diapers to the DLR Army. They will be more than happy to welcome another Rothtard into the fold! Just don't forget to bring your own pacifier and assless chaps!"

That's exceptionally gay. Even for the Howdy Doody fanbase.

Someday I will attempt to stretch my asshole over 3 feet in length so that I can identify better with Sammy Hagar appreciation.

MAX
02-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
That's exceptionally gay. Even for the Howdy Doody fanbase.

Someday I will attempt to stretch my asshole over 3 feet in length so that I can identify better with Sammy Hagar appreciation.

Well, I had a little "spat" with that particular poster and I revised it. :)

It wasn't over this thread nor his sig. He just kept repeatedly begging me to see "Brokeback Mountain" with him. :rolleyes:

I was goin' to put this in my sig over there but out of respect to Brett (yeah, he's a cool guy and a good friend) I'm just going to stay outta there for a while.

Anyway, dig this...

'ello ladies & gentlemen...

. Are you both ignorant and a coward?

. beyond stupid and/or borderline retarded?

. Did your parents abandon you at birth?

. Can you only discuss Van Halen amongst others with stupidity, insults and if by chance someone argues and happens to get the best of you, do you cry to the webmaster? Instead of using said "intelligence and insight" which doesn't actually exist within your cranium?

. Currently wear bright yellow or red capri pants and are at least thirty pounds overweight?

. Believe in Unidentified Flying Objects & alien abductions?

. Believe that Van Halen was more successful after 1985?

. Foolishly continue to believe that Sammy Hagar is, was and will always be "talented"?

Then you are currently living in your parent's basement, favorite flick 'tis "The 40 Year Old Virgin"and need a swift kick in the mouth. Please redirect your stupidity, mental disorder, pussiness, jealousy and soiled panties to atomicpunk5150's posts. "He" will be more than happy to welcome another verbal exchange with a "Rothtard" into the fold! Just don't forget to bring a pacifier and a box of Huggies cos once you thump him, he'll claim "victory" then cry to the admins that he's being picked on and soil himself!

:D

Matt White
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
HA!!!

ben halen
02-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Those guys are fags!!!

Plexi Head
02-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by ben halen
Those guys are fags!!!

Fags is too nice a word Ben.

bueno bob
02-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Anyway, dig this...

. Can you only discuss Van Halen amongst others with stupidity, insults and if by chance someone argues and happens to get the best of you, do you cry to the webmaster? Instead of using said "intelligence and insight" which doesn't actually exist within your cranium?

. Currently wear bright yellow or red capri pants and are at least thirty pounds overweight?

. Foolishly continue to believe that Sammy Hagar is, was and will always be "talented"?

Then you are currently living in your parent's basement, favorite flick 'tis "The 40 Year Old Virgin"and need a swift kick in the mouth. Please redirect your stupidity, mental disorder, pussiness, jealousy and soiled panties to atomicpunk5150's posts. "He" will be more than happy to welcome another verbal exchange with a "Rothtard" into the fold! Just don't forget to bring a pacifier and a box of Huggies cos once you thump him, he'll claim "victory" then cry to the admins that he's being picked on and soil himself!

This is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful pieces of American Literature I have read since I read the lyrics to "Hot for Teacher".

Inspired, a true work of art and worthy of display on any wall of the Smithsonian...

In fact, if this was put up for sale on ebay, I would bid $50,000,000,000.00 dollars for it.

Bob_R
02-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Well, I had a little "spat" with that particular poster and I revised it. :)

It wasn't over this thread nor his sig. He just kept repeatedly begging me to see "Brokeback Mountain" with him. :rolleyes:

I was goin' to put this in my sig over there but out of respect to Brett (yeah, he's a cool guy and a good friend) I'm just going to stay outta there for a while.

Anyway, dig this...

YOU ARE STELLAR!!!!

atomicpunk5150 is a scumbag my friend!

ben halen
02-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Fags is too nice a word Ben.

You got that right, Plex.

I try not to take internet message boards too seriously, but trying to talk sense to those idiots is like banging your head against the wall.

It's not even so much the fact that they worship Hagar, but they are just such douchebags.

rustoffa
02-17-2006, 11:33 PM
You know, I don't know why this keeps getting commented on. The next time you (myself included) comment on this, remember one thing:

It's publicity.

Good or bad, it's fucking publicity.

Is it good or bad? Where is it aimed?

I'm just asking....no pressure.
:confused:

ben halen
02-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
You know, I don't know why this keeps getting commented on. The next time you (myself included) comment on this, remember one thing:

It's publicity.

Good or bad, it's fucking publicity.

Is it good or bad? Where is it aimed?

I'm just asking....no pressure.
:confused:

I hear you, but I'm not really commenting on that specific post.

Just blowing off steam about that wretched site in general.

Like I said, I don't take any of this too seriously, and I try to keep an open mind, but a lot of the linkers just rub me the wrong way.

I used to go on there just to see if there was any new tidbit on VH, but there's never anything relevant, and some of those idiots take themselves way too seriously.

At least here people have a sense of humor and everything's pretty much tongue in cheek.

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by ben halen
At least here people have a sense of humor and everything's pretty much tongue in cheek.

NOT ME! :mad:

bantonelli
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Personally, from all the hype and crap coming down the pipelines and the simple fact that the Sisters' Publicist, Larry Solter is having to deny rumors at numerous websites and CBS & MTV have come out a few times to dispell the rumors of the Sisters doing ROCKSTAR and all let's me know one thing....

There is alot of "Effen" Classic Van Halen Fans causing a Rukus :)

Alot of noise from us and the Media and the Sisters & Dave all know it....this is GREAT! If no one gave a shit, no one would bother with the press.