ROCKSTAR: VH (2 different articles today in the press)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

ROCKSTAR: VH (2 different articles today in the press)

Something is definitely stirring up over there at CBS. Explains Roth's temperment on Friday.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

www.TMZ.com (Today's article) Read and Vote if you want.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Chris
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

If true it would explain it, wouldn't it?

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

It would be cool to see Ed playing once a week, awesome!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by thome
          You HAVE got to be kidding me...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Thome....you mean you are looking forward to the ROCKSTAR: VH ?

Well, I guess we will all be watching and holding our breath, then listening to DAVE every week giving play-by-play of this talent show bomb.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Here are some articles about the subject...

"TMZ.com is reporting that VAN HALEN are in the market for a new lead singer, and the marketplace will be the upcoming reality show "Rock Star: The Series".

Last October, VAN HALEN reps vehemently denied the band would use "Rock Star" in a talent search for a new lead singer. The reps are now singing a different tune. VAN HALEN publicist Larry Solters told TMZ.com: "I'm not denying it. I'm not going to answer any questions about it."

Last year, the band INXS used "Rock Star" to find a new lead singer. J.D. Fortune won the competition, and the band is now making a comeback with a hit new album and a sold-out tour.

As for VAN HALEN, the group has had three lead singers since it hit the scene back in 1978: David Lee Roth, who left the band in 1985, Sammy Hagar, who split in 1995, and Gary Cherone, who did just one album and tour with the band in 1998.

The next season of "Rock Star", produced by Mark Burnett for CBS, is scheduled to air during the summer. Neither Burnett nor CBS would comment on the VAN HALEN buzz. "
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Fucking pathetic.

And NO...as much as you say "You'd watch it, RIKK", I fucking would not. I actually liked the original INXS, and I didn't sit through a fucking single episode of that crap show.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Heaven Help Us All...

You'd watch it Rikk...

it's not like Eddie being a train wreck is NEW...but still would be fun to watch...

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    Heaven Help Us All...

You'd watch it Rikk...

it's not like Eddie being a train wreck is NEW...but still would be fun to watch...
                    As much as I'd like to see Eddie fucking himself up even more, the truth is that the band Van Halen (besides a perfect band long gone that recorded music I still love listening to very often) is just not something I care about anymore. They are dead, gone. A relic. An amazing thing...but left for the ages.

A show like this...it would so bloody embarrass me to have to explain to people afterwards that I'm a Van Halen fan.

And disgust me even more when people are telling me how great the band is with their new singer, T.J. Hunter...or whatever the hell the new singer's name will be.

Take it one step further: imagine it's a chick. Well, okay, it already practically was in '98...
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jurak
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2005

go here and vote for Dave to come back....... even if it is useless
                      it would just be interesting to see the vote tally at the end of it all...
                      We all know the correct answer.....now if it was only a true rumor...
                      just think of the music to be made....the concerts to see a final stand for the preservation of rock as we know and love...
                      .... but i divagate.... after all it's probably not even true, and lunchtimes over... :p
                      "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
                      That is all.
                      Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

And disgust me even more when people are telling me how great the band is with their new singer, T.J. Hunter...or whatever the hell the new singer's name will be.

Take it one step further: imagine it's a chick. Well, okay, it already practically was in '98... [/B]

I'm feeling nausea already. This Summer's CBS line up is going to SUCK....this is the desperation of what you get when three guys who longer have a band do for $$$$ and Exposure.

I'm sure MAD was up for the idea, gives him a break from being a door-to-door BBQ peddler.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

How many of these confounding fucking Rock Star: VH threads are we going to end up with anyways...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Ha! Ha! This is the joke of the week! Well done Thome!
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

I cunt wiat to see this trainwreck of a show. Metallica and Van (INSERT LEAD SINGERS NAME HERE). Should go on tour and call it The Trainwreck Tour.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...