X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Roth Army Mod Interviews Part II:

This is a continuation of Mezro's interview series. It took quite a long time. Read through it....pay attention.

First of all, I want to thank Cato for agreeing to this.

rustoffa: Cato, do you think Roth Radio was a good idea?

Cato: I have no idea. cuz I've never heard it. you know, I'm fookin' poor at English!
    any other questions? what about the history of Cato at the army?

rustoffa: That was my next question. Tell us about your history at The Army.

Cato: Okay...

Chapter I "ELVIS"

Cato: the first date in my army history book is March 20th, 2002. I registered to hear the bootleg called "Unleashed and Unlreleased" on that day. it was pretty good....er...kinda average.
    after I learnt the rules(and un-written rules as well), I started posting. my first post was about "Just A Gigolo Remix" in the boot forum. it only got a few responses but I was happy with that. I still remember who responded to my post first. it was ELVIS. and it was the beginning of our friendship. I don't care if he's gay or not.

Chapter II "The First Contact"

Cato: in the mid April, I sent a first PM to a guy named DiamondDick about an avatar he had. he himself was not funny at all but his avatar made me laugh. so I did. and a couple of months later, he started bothering me by saying "fancy a shag" again and again under an alias. and it was the very man, Mr Grimsdale! then we formed the 3 amigos along with flappo and started destroying everything with our full strength. and when we completed our mission in the mid September of 2002, this site got down.

Chapter III "DDLR.COM"

Cato: I was a mod there for 14 months until the army re-started after a long intermission. I quit my job there and became a mod here for some reasons.

rustoffa: That's interesting, Elvis and Grimsdale...quite a personality contrast. The Army seems to be a mix of personalities' to this day. Who are some of your favorite Army personalities' currently?

Cato: ELVIS and I have something in common. and Grimsdale and I are brothers in a sense.
    So, besides those 2 my faves are...
    flappo - the most originative person I've ever seen.
    Golden AWe- he was rather a bore when I saw him first. but now he's silly as much as flappo. what happened to him?
    Badguy - as a matter of fact, It was I who nominated him for mod of HOM. he was wanting to be a mod of gear, though...I think my judgement was right.
    and I like to read the posts of Ozzy Fudd, Dickface, WARF, rustoffa......and I have to mention the DM's here. they are unbelievably silly but I love them all.

Chapter IV "The Flame Wars"

*Censoured*

rustoffa: What brought you to the Roth Army? An appreciation for DLR, or the classic Van Halen lineup?

Cato: An appreciation for DLR. although I was originally an EVH fan(because I was a guitar kid), I lost interest in Ed and became a huge DLR fan when I saw their show. Ed's guitar playing was awesome, but Dave's performance was much more. to me, CVH is only a part of his career.

rustoffa: Ed is certainly a grate guitarist. How would you best describe the "Brownsound?" Which record do you think best represents it?

Cato: the brownsound = the sound like a burnt dusty asphalt. it's conspicuous on Fair Warning most. however, it's hard to describe it. since it's unseen, eh?

rustoffa: You mentioned CVH being only a part of Dave's career, I agree. What is your favorite DLR solo record? What's the least favorite?

Cato: my fave is EEAS. it's totally an awesome album. it doesn't sound old even now, does it? I think it's because of the simple sound production. 5150 was released in the same year but it sounds old/cheap now, eh?
    I like Sonrisa Salvaje as much as EEAS. the Warner Bros or Rhino should re-release it on CD. I'm sure it will sell at least 20 copies......or 30. I'm willing to buy a couple of copies if needed. anyway, I really hope it happens.
    the least fave...umm, I rarely listen to Crazy From The Heat. what was the last track of it?

rustoffa: You mentioned 5150 sounding old/cheap now. I agree.
    What about the rest of the Van Hagar output? Is any of it worth a shit?

Cato: the only Van Hagar albums I own are 5150 and RHRN. I bought them secondhand at the pawnshop. 5150 was 3 bucks and RHRN was only 2 bucks.
    RHRN is the worst live album in history of Rock 'n' Roll. I'm sure it's not a real live recording. it sounds like it was recorded in the kennel named 5150 studio. it's a fake. I guess that's why it was cheaper than 5150....um, I think instead of it I should have bought bananas or sausages.
    as for the rest.....I only can say that I see them at the same pawnshop quite often, especially Balance. it's always cheaper than any albums of Warrent.

rustoffa: Dave recently stated that a reunion was "inevitable." If it happens, do you think it will be a success?

Cato: well. No. cuz they are too old. whatever they do, we better not expect too much of them. CVH was a kind of miracle. it will never happen again.
    btw, I feel that we are talking about this topic every other week since 1996. don't you?

rustoffa: Moving on from VH, what other bands/artists do you appreciate? What overall genre do find the gratest?

Cato: my life as a rock fan began when I watched the movie "Help!" on TV. I almost couldn't figure out the story because I was a retarded 9 year old at that time, but their beautiful songs fascinated me and finally made me go buy a mini LP of them. it was a record I bought first.
    then I started listening to the radio and realized there were lots kewl bands/artists on earth besides the Beatles. Bad Finger, The Raspberries, Queen, T.Rex, Slade, Jeff Beck, Deep Purple, Johnny Winter, Rick Derringer etc...they are all still my faves.
    I listen to any kind of music, except heavy metal.

rustoffa: Interesting stuff right there. The Raspberries...."power-pop" of the seventies. Fucking grate! I dunno what happened to Eric Carmen. You mentioned' T Rex....do you hold any of the other "glam" stuff in regard?

Cato: .......no one else.

rustoffa: You have one helluva trade list. What got you into collecting and trading music? When did you start?

Cato: my first boot was "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" of the Beatles. I bought it to hear their live show because they were not selling any official live album at that time. it explains why boots exist and why we want them, does it?

well, I'm kinda new in the trading world. I started it after I registered here.

btw, collectors/traders tend to parade their knowledge, eh? some of them even ask themselves, to do it. very very strange people.
    ......I hope I'm different from them.

rustoffa: What are some of your favorite boots?

Cato: Zero. Live & Loud. Napalm Up Yo Ass(I'm proud that I made this!)

rustoffa: Napalm Up Yo Ass is the best DLR compilation I've ever seen. I'd have to say Zero and Live & Loud are personal faves' as well.

BTW, remember that old Black Sabbath song, "Fairies Wear Boots"? What were they on about?

Cato: I don't know

rustoffa: In closing, I'd like to thank you again for taking the time to do this. Any final thoughts?

Cato: thank you russ for giving a chance to think of myself. I had never done it till today. and also I thank you all for wasting the time for this. have a nice day. get back to your job. keep wanking till you die. mr badguy is a homo. and when you have time, visit the dump and see Matt getting sillier day by day! it's quite fun!!

rustoffa: I endeavor to accomplish exactly that.

.....over and out.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by rustoffa

Chapter III "DDLR.COM"

Cato: I was a mod there for 14 months until the army re-started after a long intermission. I quit my job there and became a mod here for some reasons.
    LOL he never mentioned how he still claimed to be a mod at DDLR when he met the band in Japan...

Cato is cool. Every 6 months or so I get a little package from him of a bootleg or whatnot and I totally appreciate it.

I think any flame wars he has been involved in are either strictly tongue in cheek or caused by language mixups.

Cheers!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Nipponese fuckwit!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know why but I just laughed my ass off at that...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Re: Roth Army Mod Interviews Part II:

Originally posted by rustoffa
          CVH was a kind of miracle.

Amen, my brother cato!

I was a retarded 9 year old at that time

Japs can get retarded ??

btw, collectors/traders tend to parade their knowledge, eh?

Yeah, as if they somehow stumbled onto the secret of the universe while ripping off some unlistenable 19th generation boots...

"Fairies Wear Boots"? What were they on about?

I dunno either, but check this out, Cato...

Also, check out my brand spankin' new Tony Iommi Signature SG !!

Lefty!

Me likey!

Last edited by ELVIS; 02-15-2006, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Dadgumm! This is gonna be a great thread!

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Roth Army Mod Interviews Part II:

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Also, check out my brand spankin' new Tony Iommi Signature SG !!

Lefty!

Me likey!

Niiice.

Very cool. I remember you mentioning one earlier. Glad that you got it.

My Kramer replica has been paid for and should be here in about six weeks. I'll post pics when it arrives.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The pickups are possibly the best sounding humbuckers I ever heard...

They are real Gibson custom made Iommi pickups. FANTASTIC!

Not really distorted at all, just loud and clean, even the neck pickup...

Best $400 I've spent in quite awhile...

And that's brand new, shipped to my door!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Now, what were we talking about ??

Hey CATO!

CHECK OUT THAT PURPLE LINK...

Comment

• Cato
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

what the fuck is that gold top Elvis? it looks pretty strange... an India-made LP copy?
                    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

That my friend is an Agile!

The best LP knockoff's you can get...

Check 'em out at Rondo Music.net...

Click on this!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

i was warhaming in the beginning?
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• flappo
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

i miss pope must die

he was banned after 5 posts

'the good olde daze'

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

cato you little yellow tinker!

what the fook was that avatar that you claim diamonddick had?

a marvellous tribute
                            you are indeed my brother!
                            and you are the nipponese fuckwit you repugnant slimy yellow cunt
                            Originally posted by flappo
                            i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                            translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

ahh , the 3 amigos

who could forget ?

Comment

Working...