PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Police Report Wrong?

LoungeMachine
02-17-2006, 01:04 AM
BY TOM BRUNE AND TIMOTHY M. PHELPS
NEWSDAY WASHINGTON BUREAU

February 16, 2006, 9:13 PM EST

WASHINGTON -- There is something wrong with this picture.

In the only publicly available, official report on last weekend's accidental shooting by Vice President Dick Cheney, a diagram of a body shows where Austin lawyer Harry Whittington was hit by pellets fired from Cheney's Italian-made shotgun.

That diagram has been picked up and faithfully replicated by television and newspapers across the country, including the New York Times this week and by Newsday Thursday.

The only problem is that the diagram is wrong, by all accounts. It shows Whittington hit on the left side of his face, neck and chest when Cheney, the Kenedy County Sheriff's office and the report itself say the wounds were on the right side.

Texas Game Warden James Duke filled out the report on Monday, based on information from the sheriff's office, and he made a mistake, said Lydia Saldana, spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife. "That's a human error," Saldana said. "He should have colored the other side. It was the right side of the face and neck."

The diagram is a mirror image of a frontal representation of a body. Duke forgot to adjust and put marks for the shots on the body's right-hand side. Instead, he put them on his own right-hand side, Saldana acknowledged.

Duke was not alone in his mistake. In another diagram showing the body from the side, however, Duke got it right, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's hunting accident report form shows.

"You want to try to record it accurately. That always helps if you pull it up again in the future," said Mark Birkhauser, president elect of the International Hunting Education Association.

Hmmmmmmmmm :cool:

Macu
02-17-2006, 01:32 AM
What is it about Texas and confusion over shootings?Did Cheney act alone,or,perhaps there is a second gunman?Does anyone know if there is a grassy knoll where this incident took place?

bueno bob
02-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Somebody call Chuck Norris, quick.

Walker, Texas Ranger will get to the bottom of this bullshit - RIGHT NOW.

When the eyes of the Ranger are upon you...

Warham
02-17-2006, 07:07 AM
'No charges will be filed.'

::collective crying by all left-wing nuts::

blueturk
02-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Warham

::collective crying by all left-wing nuts::

I didn't expect any charges, but there's some shady shit going on here. Sending the owner of the ranch to a local newspaper, waiting almost a day to report anything at all, a 4 day silence by Cheney, and now inaccurate police diagrams. As I've speculated before, maybe Uncle Dick wasn't exactly sober when he shot his buddy...

Macu
02-17-2006, 08:25 AM

Well,duh! Personally I think ALL political parties are shit,aaaaaand,I would have prefered that Cheney actually killed the guy.One less friend of Cheney running around must be a positive thing.Aaaaand,if he WAS trying to kill him,(for whatever reason.Maybe just for fun)that means he was denied his need to express himself through the killing.Which means that maybe NOW he is going to kill someone else thats NOT his friend.Or possibly many others.Or maybe........even.......YOU! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Hardrock69
02-17-2006, 09:53 AM
SCIENTIFIC PROOF CHENEY'S SHOOTING STORY A LIE
Harry Whittington Shooting Ballistics Tested, Cheney shot at Whittington from 15 feet not 90 as claimed

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/cheney_shooting_scientific_proof.htm

FORD
02-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Something is definitely up with this shit.

The funeral gate lawyer, who also happens to be James Baker's brother in law. They wait 22 hours to go public and now the police reports are wrong. Not to mention the questions of whether the weapon involved was capable of inflicting the wounds present at a distance of 30 yards,

While a BCE coverup is hardly surprising, this one seems more obvious than usual.

Warham
02-17-2006, 12:50 PM
The latest report involves the White House finding a man to impersonate Whittington, getting him into plastic surgery a few days ago, then briefing him on Whittington's history and family members just in time for today's statement.

:rolleyes:

This shit never ends.

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Not to mention they claimed the shooting took place on Sat, but the dude upon being released, makes a statement and talks about FRIDAY.

But the Cons try to hide the truth as usual.

DrMaddVibe
02-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Harry Whittington's hospital statement
Man shot by Vice President Cheney says accidents happen

Harry Whittington, the man shot by Vice President Dick Cheney last weekend, spoke to reporters as he was released from Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas. He did not take questions. Here is a transcript of his statement.

Good Afternoon.

All of you in the media have been very patient in waiting for me to make my appearance here. I hope you understand. I’m sorry I delayed you, but I know your role is to get the news out to the public. I compliment you on what you’ve done. I’ve read and seen many of your reports and I know your job isn’t easy. I regret that I couldn’t have been here earlier so you could see what a lucky person I am.

For many years my family has been friends with the Armstrongs down in Kenedy County. We have visited with them for over 25 years and have had some wonderful trips and visits – pleasant memories that we cherish forever. However, this past weekend encompassed all of us in a cloud of misfortune and sadness that is not easy to explain – especially to those who are not familiar with the great sport of quail hunting.

We all assume certain risks in whatever we do, whatever activities we pursue. And regardless of how experienced, careful and dedicated we are, accidents do and will happen – and that’s what happened last Friday.

I am very grateful and want to thank all the people that remembered me in their prayers and the kindness you have extend to my family that’s been here this week.

My family and I are deeply sorry for all that vice president Cheney has had to go through this past week. We send our love and respect to them as they deal with situations that are much more serious than what we’ve had this week. And we hope that he will continue to come to Texas and seek the relaxation that he deserves.

I also thank all of you for understanding the best you can that medical attention was very important to someone my age. And you haven’t failed to give my age.

Finally, I want to say there’re simply not adequate words to express my gratitude and appreciation to the very talented physicians, medical staff, nurses, of this great Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital system, here in Corpus Christi and in Kingsville. They’ve given me exceptional treatment, care and compassion for which I’m very grateful. They are truly remarkable servants of God and I’m extremely blessed for all they’ve done.

Thank you.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

URL: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11409731/

STILL making shit up?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try harder next time!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

ODShowtime
02-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Something is definitely up with this shit.

While a BCE coverup is hardly surprising, this one seems more obvious than usual.

You'd think they'd get a little better at it with practice...

ODShowtime
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Harry Whittington, the man shot by Vice President Dick Cheney last weekend, spoke to reporters as he was released from Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas.

"My family and I are deeply sorry for all that vice president Cheney has had to go through this past week."

that's funny! :D

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 05:17 PM
"accidents do and will happen – and that’s what happened last Friday."

Really???? Seems to be a difference in opinion here.....Friday, Saturday......But no coverup. Not this government.

Warham
02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
The guy's 78 years old and has probably been doped up pretty good over the last week, and you guys are microanalyzing his statement?

Good grief.

Tell me, what's the cover up?

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
He was drunk, shot someone in the face. They needed to wait a day to get the story straight and let his body detox from the booze.

Yoo bad no one filled in the victim.

Warham
02-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Where's the proof he was drunk?

blueturk
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Where's the proof he was drunk?

There will never be proof that he was drunk, and you know it. If he was drunk, only the people at the ranch know it, and being the good sheep that they are, they sure as hell won't say anything.

If he wasn't drunk, then why did Cheney and crew treat this like a matter of national security instead of treating it like a hunting accident?

Macu
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Maybe he just wanted to get his rocks off and figured"Ahhh,Whitington(sp)is old,anyway,Ill just cap that mother-fucker".And,besides,any AMERICAN worth his salt knows the effective range of ANY shotgun,let alone one loaded with birdshot.Are we so fucking naive to believe that a man that has been responsible for sending who KNOWS how many to their death,isnt capable of offing someone up-close and personal?It may be just that.The blood-lust isnt satisfied unless he can actually "feel" the kill.And before any of you try to slam me on this,tell me:How did you feel the FIRST time you killed someone,and became GOD?

Warham
02-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
There will never be proof that he was drunk, and you know it. If he was drunk, only the people at the ranch know it, and being the good sheep that they are, they sure as hell won't say anything.

If he wasn't drunk, then why did Cheney and crew treat this like a matter of national security instead of treating it like a hunting accident?

They didn't treat it like a matter of national security.

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes they did. It was a typical con coverup. Had that been you or me or anyone here, we'd be charged with at the very least, dangerous use of a weapon. But Dickhead gets off and it's covered up.

blueturk
02-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Macu
Maybe he just wanted to get his rocks off and figured"Ahhh,Whitington(sp)is old,anyway,Ill just cap that mother-fucker".And,besides,any AMERICAN worth his salt knows the effective range of ANY shotgun,let alone one loaded with birdshot.Are we so fucking naive to believe that a man that has been responsible for sending who KNOWS how many to their death,isnt capable of offing someone up-close and personal?It may be just that.The blood-lust isnt satisfied unless he can actually "feel" the kill.And before any of you try to slam me on this,tell me:How did you feel the FIRST time you killed someone,and became GOD?

Hannibal! It's YOU!

Warham
02-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I want proof of these claims.

P-R-O-O-F!

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Proof? Okay...I'll be right back after talking with the CIA and FBI and all that. Those guys are sure to be very cooperative.

I love it. Clinton gets a hummer from a fat chick and cons go crazy, but Cheney nearly blows a guy's head off, and it's no biggie.....

Warham
02-17-2006, 09:18 PM
How do I know you have a valid observation if you don't have ANY proof? How do I know you aren't just pulling it out of your ass? First, he's drinking a beer, then it's a 40oz'er, then it's a bottle of Vodka...That's why I need proof.

Should I also believe the nuts who claim Franklin Roosevelt met aliens from Mars in 1933, just because they said so?

Clinton's act was intentional, Cheney's was not.

Macu
02-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Hannibal! It's YOU!

I dont know what you mean by that,buuuuuuuut,I think it demonstrates you have a sense of humor.Soooooo,to be nice,if you allow me to dis-embowel you,I wont murder your wife.:D (its a joke,if no one saw the movie)

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 09:32 PM
How do I know you have a valid observation if you don't have ANY proof? How do I know you aren't just pulling it out of your ass? First, he's drinking a beer, then it's a 40oz'er, then it's a bottle of Vodka...That's why I need proof.

Should I also believe the nuts who claim Franklin Roosevelt met aliens from Mars in 1933, just because they said so?

Clinton's act was intentional, Cheney's was not.

Who's life did Clinton threaten with his act? Cons went bezerk over that coverup, but they deny any coverup in the entire G.W. mandate.

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Macu
I dont know what you mean by that,buuuuuuuut,I think it demonstrates you have a sense of humor.Soooooo,to be nice,if you allow me to dis-embowel you,I wont murder your wife.:D (its a joke,if no one saw the movie)

Seems you'd like someone to murder your wife Macu.:D

Warham
02-17-2006, 09:36 PM
See, you are making the assertion that there's some SUBSTANCE to this whole Cheney thing besides what the sheriff, Cheney, AND Whittington have all reported to the media.

With Clinton, you had Paula Jones, Linda Tripp, and then Lewinski bring PROOF that they had something.

Who's that in this case?

Mr. Vengeance
02-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah.....we know that this is the same thing. A spurned chick & a fat conniving cunt. Those people are on the same level of security as the Secret service and the sherrif. We'll see the SS on Larry King giving details tomorrow won't we?

And WHAT a job of investigation they did too....A day? Day and a half? There was months of investigation into the allegations of a blowjob, but a day into Cheney nearly blowing his friend away. So, where are the blood tests? Will they be accurate? Were there even any done? I doubt it, because the SS made sure to not let this get out until he sobered up. But when you leave your jizz on a chick's dress, and she keeps it on the advice of a fat pig, who's trying to bring down a prez......

It's a little different in terms of chain of command.

Macu
02-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Seems you'd like someone to murder your wife Macu.:D

How so?And be specific.

Nickdfresh
02-18-2006, 01:41 AM
I want proof of these claims.

P-R-O-O-F!

Maybe someday you'll apply that standard to Bill C_____ and Ted K_____.:)

Warham
02-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Maybe someday you'll apply that standard to Bill C_____ and Ted K_____.:)

cum-stained dress.

P-R-O-O-F!

:D

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 07:12 AM
M-O-O-N, that spells CIGAR.

:D

Mr. Vengeance
02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Chain of events and the inconsistencies. Gee...any reason to doubt? I think so....

BLAME

In the first days after the vice president wounded attorney Harry Whittington while shooting at quail last Saturday in Texas, blame was placed on the victim for not announcing his presence to fellow hunter Cheney.

"The vice president did everything right," Katharine Armstrong, the ranch owner approved by Cheney to disclose the accident, said Monday. Whittington, 78, should have shouted that he was rejoining the hunting group after drifting off to retrieve a downed bird. "The mistake exposed him to getting shot," she said. "It's incumbent on him. He did not do that."

The White House picked up on that theme the same day in attempting to deflect any responsibility from the vice president. "If I recall," Bush spokesman Scott McClellan said of Armstrong, "she pointed out that the protocol was not followed by Mr. Whittington, when it came to notifying the others that he was there."

The about-face came Wednesday when Cheney made his first public comment on the accident.

"It was not Harry's fault," he said. "You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend."

___

DRINKING

Although there is no evidence that beer impaired Cheney's judgment, initial denials that he had consumed alcohol were wrong.

"No one was drinking," Armstrong said at the outset. "No, zero, zippo." She said the hunters washed down lunch with Dr Pepper. Later, she qualified her comments and said beer might have been in the cooler but she did not think anyone drank any.

The investigating officer from the Kenedy County sheriff's department, after interviewing Whittington in the hospital, reported that the victim "explained foremost there was no alcohol during the hunt."

Authorities did not investigate the accident until the next day. The Texas Parks and Wildlife accident report, dated two days after the shooting, checked "No" on the question of whether Cheney appeared under the influence of intoxicants. It did not address whether the hunters had been drinking at all. (The report also included a diagram depicting Whittington's wounds on the wrong side of his body.)

Cheney acknowledged Wednesday, "I had a beer at lunch" several hours before the group's afternoon hunt, asserting "nobody was under the influence."

___

VICTIM'S CONDITION

In the rush to assure everyone Whittington was "just fine," some important details were left out.

Initial reports had him treated at the scene, then taken by ambulance to the hospital, where in no time he was cracking jokes with the nurses. It turned out that after being taken to the emergency room of a local, small hospital, he was flown by helicopter to the intensive care unit of the larger hospital in Corpus Christi.

According to Armstrong's initial account of the accident scene: "He was talking. His eyes were open." Later, Cheney said that when he rushed up to the stricken man and talked to him, Whittington had one eye open and did not respond. He was, however, conscious.

Doctors said Tuesday that Whittington suffered a mild heart attack while in the hospital when one of the pellets migrated to his heart. He was released Friday.

___

LICENSE

Cheney did not have all his hunting papers in order, as suggested by the White House and initially stated by Texas authorities.

On Sunday, a spokesman for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department said Cheney was legally hunting with a license he bought in November. While that was true, the department's accident report the next day stated that he was in violation of a law requiring him to have an upland game bird stamp.

___

DISCLOSURE

The accident raised questions about the flow of information into and out of the White House communications apparatus.

Asked why no one released news of the shooting on Saturday night, McClellan said "the vice president's office was working to make sure information got out" but that details were slow to reach Washington that evening.

Armstrong, for her part, said no one at the ranch even discussed releasing the news on Saturday.

She said her family realized Sunday morning that it would be a story and decided to call the local newspaper, the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. She said she then discussed news coverage with Cheney for the first time.

"I said, 'Mr. Vice President, this is going to be public, and I'm comfortable going to the hometown newspaper,'" she told The Associated Press. "And he said, 'You go ahead and do whatever you are comfortable doing.'"

___

TELLING WASHINGTON

McClellan said President Bush was told shortly before 8 p.m. EST Saturday that Cheney had shot Whittington, less than half an hour after Bush first heard there had a been an accident of some sort involving Cheney's hunting party. Confirmation that Cheney was the shooter was obtained when deputy chief of staff Karl Rove called Armstrong, McClellan said.

However, McClellan said he didn't personally know Cheney was the shooter until the next morning, about 6 a.m. EST Sunday, when he was awakened with the news.

He said he only knew the previous evening that someone in Cheney's party had been involved in a hunting accident.

DrMaddVibe
02-19-2006, 06:57 AM
LOL!!!!