X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I knew it was over when I saw Ed dancing in an icecave with a joker hat on

I'll never forget seeing the Without You video with Ed in a joker hat dancing around with a fag in an ice cave.

At that point in time, I knew Van Halen had passed the point of no return.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

sounds like one of those bizarre dreams you have and you wakeup and say to yourself "thank God...I was only dreaming"...
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

It was just a bizarre video...I saw it on some "rock video" channel or program or something back when it was relatively new, say, maybe a month old...in their top 30, it was already down to 28 (based on call-in requests) after having debuted somewhere in the top 10...and they commented that it was "Just Hanging In There"...the next week it was gone completely...

You know, it's amazing that bands who have been professional as long as Van Halen had been at that point just sometimes don't realize when they've fucked up...or maybe it's just that, after having made so much money, they no longer care...

Who knows?
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

RAWK GOD.....
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

RAWK GOD....

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• fe_lung
            Sniper
            • Mar 2004

Come on, now. That was a fantastic video! What an imaginative use of set and costume. It all works together to develop the overall theme and subtext of the video - that being "it'll be a cold day in hell before we have our credibility back!"

Comment

• fenway5150
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

I remember thinking...."Didn't Ed talk about how the music was the most important thing and Dave was too concerned with dressing up and being too flashy?" Gimme a fucking break Ed. He looked like such an idiot.
              "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
              - DLR, 2004

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

I knew VH was over in 86

Move forward with ROTH MUTHAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause, I Make Good Big Smart.........MUTHASSSSSsssssssss!!!!!

Daves latest album every Mon-Fri Internet Radio

Mite as well Jump, Lead with your Face.......

VH won't be VH till the re-injection of the......... Dave!

Its just a band with the VH bothers in it ....

DAVE ON!!!! MUTHAS!!!

Comment

• ben halen
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2005

Re: I knew it was over when I saw Ed dancing in an icecave with a joker hat on

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I'll never forget seeing the Without You video with Ed in a joker hat dancing around with a fag in an ice cave.

At that point in time, I knew Van Halen had passed the point of no return.
                  Gotta love those fingerless gloves, too.
                  HEY NOW!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

"I knew it was over"...

When I heard "Love Comes Walkin' In" in 1986.....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Looks like a Van Halen cover band. What a fuckin shame .
                      I always thought Ga y Cheroney was a flaming Freddie Mercury wanna-be anyhow...
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Reaction was pretty much "So, Ed didn't want to get back with Dave, so he's settled for...Gary Cherone?"

Heard the tune before I saw the video, and honestly thought it was Hagar on vocals...

Although the Van Halens blew it by not going all the way with Dave in 1996, they HAD inherited a certain amount of media attention for their activities in 1996. Too bad they chose to wait a year-and-a-half before putting out Van Halen 3 (Yeah, yeah, Eddie's hip, blah blah blah), and to have such a crappy-sounding album come out of all of it...

Van Halen 3 was really the nail in the coffin for that band. To tease the fanbase with Dave and then do an album of poo with Gary was just a mistake, and not just in hindsight, either. Someone should have been telling Eddie AT THE TIME that this was gonna be a monumental fuckup.

Then Gary quits, and the Van Halens ait until 2004 to put out three crappy rush jobs with Hagar...think the bottom line is just that Ed is spent and has a lack of energy and interest in his music. Least that's what I get from all of it. If it results from him not caring because he's already been to the top, or self-delusion in thinking that he's still important because Guitar World still sucks his cock on continues putting him on the cover (out of nostalgia for what he was doing 25 years ago) I can't say.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• shaggydoo
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by fe_lung
                          Come on, now. That was a fantastic video! What an imaginative use of set and costume. It all works together to develop the overall theme and subtext of the video - that being "it'll be a cold day in hell before we have our credibility back!"
                          An astute analysis there! I did not think the joker's hat was merely a costume but more a symbol of his true nature - just a big joke!

Comment

• bru87tr
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

so are they gonna call it Van Halen again with another new singer ? lol
                            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• shaggydoo
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bru87tr
                              so are they gonna call it Van Halen again with another new singer ? lol
                              and will the album produced be called VH4?

Comment

Working...