PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek Article: Cheney's Secret World

Hardrock69
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
He peppered a man in the face, but didn't tell his boss. Inside Dick Cheney's dark, secretive mind-set$B!=(Band the forces that made it that way.

By Evan Thomas
Newsweek

Feb. 27, 2006 issue - Dick Cheney has never been your normal politician. He has never seemed as eager to please, as needy for votes and approval and headlines as, say, Bill Clinton. Cheney can seem taciturn, self-contained, a little gloomy; in recent years, his manner has been not just unwelcoming but stand-offish. This is not to say, however, that he is entirely modest and self-effacing, or that he does not crave power as much as or more than any office-seeker. This, after all, is a man who, in conducting a search for George W. Bush's vice president, picked himself. Indeed, since 9/11, Cheney has struck a pose more familiar to readers of Greek tragedies than the daily Hotline. At times, he appears to be the lonely leader, brooding in his tent, knowing that doom may be inevitable, but that the battle must be fought, and that glory can be eternal.

If, as he ponders the Threat Matrix at his daily intelligence briefing, Cheney really sees himself as a modern Achilles or Hector on the plains at Troy, he is not just being grandiose. A few weeks after 9/11, NEWSWEEK has learned, Cheney worried that he and his family and his staff might have been exposed in an anthrax attack. According to knowledgeable former officials, a mysterious letter turned up at the vice president's mansion. (A former senior law-enforcement official recalled that sensors went off.) The alarm turned out to be false. Still, to be safe, Cheney and his entourage began taking Cipro, the powerful antibiotic. The story was hushed up. (Cheney's office referred NEWSWEEK to the Secret Service, which declined to comment.) Cheney prefers to be a quiet warrior, severe perhaps, but not bleak$B!=(Bjust resolute.

Story continued here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11436302/site/newsweek/

Douglas T.
02-21-2006, 09:38 AM
:D

Nitro Express
02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Dick Chenney is our president. Bush is riding his mountain bike in a part when an offcourse plane causes the White House staff to hide in the bunker. Where was Chenney? At the White House.

9/11 happens and Bush just sits there in a Grade School. Where was Chenney? At the White House.

Bush is on Aire Force One with communications that are down. Who told NORAD to shoot down civilian airliners? Well, Dick Chenney of course.

Who got us into Iraq and seccured Haliburton deals without going through the normal bidding process? Dick Chenney.

Dick Chenney became president without having to be president.

Hardrock69
02-21-2006, 05:31 PM
And he even got someone elected as president who will suck his cock and let him do as he pleases.

Hardrock69
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Secret Service agents say Cheney was drunk when he shot lawyer
By DOUG THOMPSON
Feb 22, 2006, 07:35

A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.

Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions, the report said.
According to those who have read the report and talked with others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

We talked with a number of administration officials who are privy to inside information on the Vice President's shooting "accident" and all admit Secret Service agents and others saw Cheney consume far more than the "one beer' he claimed he drank at lunch earlier that day.

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

Cheney has a long history of alcohol abuse, including two convictions of driving under the influence when he was younger. Doctors tell me that someone like Cheney, who is taking blood thinners because of his history of heart attacks, could get legally drunk now after consuming just one drink.

If Cheney was legally drunk at the time of the shooting, he could be guilty of a felony under Texas law and the shooting, ruled an accident by a compliant Kenedy County Sheriff, would be a prosecutable offense.

But we will never know for sure because the owners of the Armstrong Ranch, where the shooting occurred, barred the sheriff's department from the property on the day of the shooting and Kenedy County Sheriff Ramon Salinas III agreed to wait until the next day to send deputies in to talk to those involved.

Sheriff's Captain Charles Kirk says he went to the Armstrong Ranch immediately after the shooting was reported on Saturday, February 11 but both he and a game warden were not allowed on the 50,000-acre property. He called Salinas who told him to forget about it and return to the station.

"I told him don't worry about it. I'll make a call," Salinas said. The sheriff claims he called another deputy who moonlights at the Armstrong ranch, said he was told it was "just an accident" and made the decision to wait until Sunday to investigate.

"We've known these people for years. They are honest and wouldn't call us, telling us a lie," Salinas said.

Like all elected officials in Kenedy County, Salinas owes his job to the backing and financial support of Katherine Armstrong, owner of the ranch and the county's largest employer.

"The Armstrongs rule Kenedy County like a fiefdom," says a former employee.

Secret Service officials also took possession of all tests on Whittington's blood at the hospitals where he was treated for his wounds. When asked if a blood alcohol test had been performed on Whittington, the doctors who treated him at Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial in Corpus Christi or the hospital in Kingsville refused to answer. One admits privately he was ordered by the Secret Service to "never discuss the case with the press."

It's a sure bet that is a private doctor who treated the victim of Cheney's reckless and drunken actions can't talk to the public then the memo that shows the Vice President was drunk as a skunk will never see the light of day.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_8184.shtml

ELVIS
02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Dick Cheney has never been your normal politician. He has never seemed as eager to please, as needy for votes and approval and headlines as, say, Bill Clinton.

So no, he wouldn't be a good used car salesman...

ELVIS
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

How idiotic...:rolleyes:

FORD
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
How idiotic...:rolleyes:

Of course it was. But when has that ever stopped the BCE?

ELVIS
02-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I was referring to the childish degrading sentence...

FORD
02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. Why would Cheney wait 20 hours to report the shooting unless he had something to hide?

A shooting that might be ruled an accident under sober circumstances might be treated differently if the shooter was drunk.

The delay, as well as the serious question about the weapon and the ammo used being able to cause the wounds at the 30 yards distance claimed by Cheney's spokespeople, is what makes the entire incident look suspicious.

Not to mention the fact that lies and coverups are all too common in this Fraudministration.

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I was referring to the childish degrading sentence...

THAT is a degrading sentence?

That is nothing.

He is a fucking terrorist of the highest order.

A fucktard with delusions of godhood, who will do anything to send thousands of our soldiers to their deaths needlessly, while sucking Saudi cock with his trained Chimpy at his side, while they rake in billions.

And you bitch about Dickhead Cheney being drunk and shooting a lawyer?

I would say shooting that guy is a good start.

Any friend of Cheney's is an enemy of the United States.

Anyone who supports Deadeye Dick has the intellect of a child that is certain....

Welcome back by the way....you have been kinda vacant here lately...

ELVIS
02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by FORD

The delay, as well as the serious question about the weapon and the ammo used being able to cause the wounds at the 30 yards distance claimed by Cheney's spokespeople, is what makes the entire incident look suspicious.

Suspicious of what ??

For what ??

What if it was Clinton instead of Cheney ??

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Suspicious as Cheney & Chimpy can never be trusted to tell the truth.

:rolleyes:

But then you knew that already....

FORD
02-23-2006, 01:38 PM
That, and the fact that Harry Whittington, as the brother in law of James Baker, and a lawyer involved in a Texas-Florida scandal that inevitably will involve the BCE in some way, obviously knows things that might prove embarrassing to Cheney. Especially if he should talk to Patrick Fitzgerald, for example.

And looking at the way poor old Harry actually apologized for getting shot, the man looked to me like someone who just got hit in the face (literally) with the fact that the BCE are NOT his friends. Perhaps Dick meant the shot as a "warning" for Harry not to talk to Fitz (or anyone else)

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
IF you are a 'friend' or 'business associate' of those in the White House, you have got one foot in the grave.

Get caught up in the power-plays of the Beltway, you risk dying from some 'accident'.

Billary can surely tall ya about that....

thome
02-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Every time i've been hunting it was also an excuse to drink it up, out of town, stand around a fire, and be wif, da boyz.

I wasn't there but my first thought was fukkin booze and fire arms..?
don't mix well.

I would try and buy time if i accidentally shot a fellow in my hunting party and we had ALL been drinking.I wouldn't have the ability too
like the vice pres would those big dogs have people just for such occurences
Think of how it would look to the World if Booze was linked.
some would say ok i understand booze was to blame, damn the luck.
others would say the vice pres is a important possi/ and shouldn't be
occupied by a drunk. embarrassment to the history of the us

I think the guy should sue make a million and all this is for the Civil
Court system and should be treated as such cheney is to blame
but it's over