PDA

View Full Version : Another Politician Running With The Devil

LoungeMachine
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Boston Herald

Koutoujian jumps at chance to go Running with the Devil

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

As a suburban teen cruising the streets of Waltham with "The Cradle will Rock" playing on his car's stereo, Peter Koutoujian could hardly imagine he'd one day be talking shop before a national audience with Van Halen's legendary front man.

But, Rep. Koutoujian and David Lee Roth were on the topic of legislative policy, not musical ingenuity.

Last week, Koutoujian chatted with Roth on the "David Lee Roth Morning Show" on WBCN, 104.1 FM; the state representative called in to discuss the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy's decision to order Wal-Mart to stock emergency contraception.

Koutoujian wanted the issue clarified for Roth's audience, saying there were misstatements about emergency contraception.

Koutoujian was a lead sponsor of "An Act to Provide Timely Access to Emergency Contraception," which went into effect in December 2005. He said the bill is necessary to better protect women in the Commonwealth.

"It was really a great double-hit for me," said Koutoujian. "I got to talk to a guy I've been a fan of for more than 25 years, and I got to talk about a very important issue before a national audience."

http://www2.townonline.com/newton/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=434486

Hardrock69
02-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I REALLY appreciate the fact that Dave has a brain and uses it, instead of having a show full of toilet humour....