X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieIsadouche
    Groupie
    • Jan 2006

DLR on Vacation

DLR is supposedly going on vacation on 2/27 and Kidd Chris is the fill in. Howard got 8 weeks off a year.
  • blonddgirl777
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Re: DLR on Vacation

Originally posted by EddieIsadouche
    DLR is supposedly going on vacation on 2/27 and Kidd Chris is the fill in. Howard got 8 weeks off a year.
    Everyone diserves a vacation once in a while...
    I wish I could get 8 (paid) weeks too!
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
      Groupie
      • Jan 2006

In NY JV and Elvis are covering for Dave. They are lame

Comment

• bastardog
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

Re: Re: DLR on Vacation

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
        Everyone diserves a vacation once in a while...
        I wish I could get 8 (paid) weeks too!
        I have 20 vac. per year and 17 hollydays too........
        want to move on?
        Bastardog

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
          Groupie
          • Jan 2006

You move on...

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

hhhhmmmmmI had 30 where I worked back in 96-2001. also had unlimited sick days and cant remember how many holidays but it was alot.

maybe you need a new job ? lol
            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• vionfield
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Feb 2006

Anyone else thinking that Dave's vacation during the same week ratings come out may not be just a coincidence?

I love the show, but found it odd today that Dave made a reference to him being on vacation next week, "not that we want to be".

I hope it's all on the up and up.

Thoughts?

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by vionfield
                Anyone else thinking that Dave's vacation during the same week ratings come out may not be just a coincidence?

I love the show, but found it odd today that Dave made a reference to him being on vacation next week, "not that we want to be".

I hope it's all on the up and up.

Thoughts?
                I noticed that comment from him as well. I do think that CBS is testing the waters by having that other team of JV & Elvis in same timeslot as Dave to see if they can get higher ratings and if so......this might be the end of Dave's morning radio....maybe.

I am not going to listen to JV & Elvis and if anything, it cannot hurt, but only help if we as fans send an email to Dave's Station and our local Stations (as Dave has said to do) and request Dave.

I think at this point, CBS is saying..we've given DLR 6 weeks, let's see if other talent can do better in the ratings.

Dave's show has improved and is interesting, so I hope Dave WINS!!!
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I don't know that the vacation and ratings timing are related.

I will say this about the ratings....Be prepared for u-g-l-y. I said in another thread that it takes any new morning show about 18 months before you get a good indication of how it's going to fare. It has to find it's groove and audience. So, with DLR raplacing the King of all Media, it will be a sharp decline in numbers.

What might work against Dave is that K-Rock and Infinity may think that dave should have had a built-in audience, and they might not be willing to give him much time if the ratings are low. They very well might be quick to pull the plug.

Kidd Chris is a pretty good radio guy...And he might be getting a test in Dave's slot. He's a friend of Howard's, so I doubt that Dave picked him to fill in. This was Infinity's call, all the way.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2006

Where do you get ratings week? not till april... arbitron goes from Jan 5-March 29

Comment

• jslav06
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2006

Ahhh... vacation sounds good right about now.
                      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
                      I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

There's this thing Dave has called a 3 year contract. He's going nowhere. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Comment

• 4rchang3l
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2006

did anyone else hear 'JV' call Dave a faggot and blow a hissy-fit today just because Dave forgot his name and called them "Whats-his-name & Elvis".
                          i'd pay $5. to see that little, bald-headed, wuss call Dave a faggot to his face and mean it.
                          -j; )
                          http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/05pics/danica216.jpg

Comment

• Uncle Rico
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                            There's this thing Dave has called a 3 year contract. He's going nowhere. Nothing to see here. Move on.
                            With all due respect, BOF - I'm sure there's a buyout clause in the contract. Just because the length of the contract says three years, doesn't mean he'll be on the air that long. Not trying to dis you bro, but I'm in the broadcasting industry, and in most cases the contracts that are used state nothing more than: "We'll pay you X amount of money for this amount of time, and we can fire you for any reason we feel like during that time period..." They are completely lopsided, and that's why there almost always either broken or thrown out.

I for one am a big fan of the show. I think it's unlike anything on the air today. Sure it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I think Dave has made some huge steps in improving his show.

However, the fact that he's going on vacation during ratings is not a good sign. You're never told to go on break during sweeps. It doesn't happen. You're usually never allowed any time off during a book - barring some unusual circumstances (i.e. a death in the family). I could be wrong, but I believe CBS will show Dave the door soon. I think the show is a bit too high-brow for the mass audience who enjoy the typical dick jokes and fart sounds over breakfast.

It's sad. I think Dave could go far if given more time.
                            Last edited by Uncle Rico; 02-24-2006, 10:19 PM.
                            I bet I can throw a football over a mountain.

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2006

Wow.. JV did that... I could understand him being a little upset but thems fightin words. It seems that a number of the jocks at that station have been getting some sarcastic diggs in. I wonder if they will really let loose when Dave is out for the week. you could send them nasty messages via www.923freefm.com. Direct to studio. I think there show really does suck. They are a lame sanitized Opie and Anthony wanna be show...

Comment

Working...