• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RuzDNailz
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2004

Dave discusses Homeopathic medicine!

My timing could not have been better. I was showing some friends the
    DLR radio show at the official website and played an hour segment.
    I liked what Roth had to say about the American Idol show and how he was asked to be a guest judge on a Country version of Idol. He was
    talking about Homeopathic medicine and it's origins. It was funny when he kept referring to it as motor oil. If you use it, you can beat a cold in less than half it's duration. As he also joked about how b-young's cold lasted since he was 3!

Anybody here take natural medicine?
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Which one?

Comment

• RuzDNailz
      Foot Soldier
      • Nov 2004

Any kind.

Comment

• shaggydoo
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
        Anybody here take natural medicine?
        No, but I understand that Cannabis is "genuinely useful" for a wide range of ailments such as mild pain, lack of hunger, arthitic relief, glaucoma, and some others that I have forgotten. A natural medicine of significant usefulness, but wrongfully demonised for far too long!

Comment

• RuzDNailz
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by shaggydoo
          No, but I understand that Cannabis is "genuinely useful" for a wide range of ailments such as mild pain, lack of hunger, arthitic relief, glaucoma, and some others that I have forgotten. A natural medicine of significant usefulness, but wrongfully demonised for far too long!
          And they want to make it legal here, too! During our last election, there were 2 'green' parties. One for environment, and the other
          for the magical plant.

Comment

• shaggydoo
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
            And they want to make it legal here, too! During our last election, there were 2 'green' parties. One for environment, and the other
            for the magical plant.
            Those sort of groups come and go, but generally they get nowhere since they are severely lacking in relation to most all other issues!

I don't get Dave's show where I live, but this installment on the homeopathic medicines sounds like it was a good one, I wish I could have heard it. Would have been good to phone in and talk with Dave about the medicinal uses of Cannabis. I'd bet he would have a lot to say about it! Glaucoma is a serious ailment which can cause blindness and Cannabis has genuine scientifically documented positive treatment of it. Arthritis is a none too friendly ailment too which I understand Cannabis is well known to make much more bearable. Have also heard of cancer patients being given Cannabis to relieve from deleterious effects of chemotherapy and radiation too. Yep, would really like to have talked with Dave about this!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It's all relative. In the United States, you can legally drink alcohol but smoking pot is illegal. In certain arab nations, you can smoke pot and even opium but strong drink is forbidden by Islamic law.

As far as natural medicines go. Many pharmacutical drugs are manmade synthesized verzions of natural drugs. Pharmacutical companies actually hire people to live with native people around the world and see what they are using for medicine. What has been found is the local witch doctor has some legitimate knowledge of what natural ingredients processed a certain way are good for curing certain ailments. Then the cure is researched in a lab and broken down to it's molecular formula. Once the chemical makeup is known, it's synthesized in a lab and put into pill, capsule, or liquid form.

So if you look at it, all medicine is natural medicine or it's at least derived from that.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DaLeeRo
                Roadie
                • Mar 2005

I liked that B-Young thing...

Comment

• Polk High
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

well theres a big difference between "natural" herbal medications and homeopbathic medications. Herbal medications are medications that have components of western medication in them that do similar things such as st. john's wort has an antidepressant chemical that is thought to be similar to some of the marketed antidepresants.

Homeopathic medicines are based on the principal of like cure's like, so a taking some poison ivy oil and diluting it 10,000 makes it a good medicine for itching. In other words its BS. Zycam is a homeopathic medication that isn't a true homeopathic medication, its actually only diluted I think 2x's.
                  We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...