X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gringo
    Roadie
    • Dec 2005

Vito Bratta

Does anyone know what happend to Vito Bratta from White Lion?
    I know that he was considered a Eddie Van Halen-copy, but he played good guitar...
    What do you guys think?

Gringo
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Didn't he injure his hands somehow, and is/was unable to play guitar for the past few years? Seems like I heard that...:confused:

He was a decent player....that sucks if it's true...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Gringo
      Roadie
      • Dec 2005

Have he recorded anything since White Lion?
      When you say so, i think i heard that he injured his hands, and yeah, that's a shame! I just saw some White Lion videos on VH1(internet-site) and he was a great guitarist...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I don't know if he injured his hands or not...but he's not...to my knowledge...recorded anything with anyone other than White Lion...nor performed with anyone since White Lion broke up in 1991. He's also not in Mike Tramp's new version of White Lion...called...Mike Tramp's White Lion...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

If I remember right...Vito didn't injure his hands...that was just a rumor...

After he and Tramp essentially said they wanted to kill each other in 1991...

he just gave up the biz to take care of his family...dad was sick...or something like that...

I think Bratta is a real estate agent in New York City now...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Gringo
            Roadie
            • Dec 2005

I can't see why Mike Tramp calls his band Mike Tramp's White Lion.
            That's just ridicolous! James Lomenzo doesn't call his band Pride & Glory just cause he was in it.
            But what Mike Tramp does is a typical thing to do for a nearly forgotten rockstar i guess :-)

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Here's some stuff from a Vito site. I don't know if it's on the money but some posters (other than the one after this blurb )say the source is guitar magazine.

"In 1995 Bratta stopped playing guitar altogether to take a break from the instrument that had brought him so much success through the late '80's and early 90's. In 1997 he picked it back up again and starting playing Classical guitar 14 hours a day, not taking the time to stretch and build up his strength. One day, he felt something snap on the side of his wrist and he couldn't move his hand from left to right. After years now, thinking time would heal the injury, Bratta can't even bear the pain of touching a string. He is now contemplating surgery."

I believe the article you posted was from and issue of Guitar Magazine. It appears to be a true story. Since Vito has never made anything clear to his fans, it is hard to dispute the story. Eddie Trunk reported that one of the reason for Vito Bratta been out of the music business, was that he had been taking care of his family. His father recently passed away, which must of been dificult for him and his brothers and sisters. One thing that is true is that he was recording some sort of Civil War Project with Lead Singer John Levesque [ex-Wildhorse]. They recorded material together, but it never materialized. You can find this story on the internet if you google "Vito Bratta and John Levesque". I also know that Vito is a huge hockey fan, since I found a post from him on the internet. Yes it even has his email address. I have emailed him a couple of times, but never got a response. God Bless him and his family is all I can wish for the guy. Vito if you are out there reading this, please let us know how your life has been. At least let us know you are OK.

Comment

• Gringo
                Roadie
                • Dec 2005

A real estate agent?
                I'm moving to the states and i'm buying a house...! :-)

I'll use my force and make him play guitar again! :-)

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Tramp does the White Lion thing...and does the solo thing...

lmfao...

both unsuccessfully...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Videos of Vito

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Thanks to all, T&S special thanks i had forgotten what a staight forward great band that was.And will be again

We really need a big reinsugence of this style of Music I feel that if
                      CVH got out on a years tour it would open so many doors for rock fests

I know these style of bands are still doin it but it would be nice to see
                      them everywhere and all the time.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                        Videos of Vito

Thanks for that!

Bratta was maybe the most melodic rock guitar soloist ever.

Stuff like the solo's to Wait or Little Fighter are unsurpassed and the usual EVH comparisons aren't really correct because he was writing solo's that Eddie could only dream of by that point.

A genius.

That band was ruined by Tramp who was a Europop Idol in hard rock clothing. I think after his abortion of a song, "When the children cry" went to #1 he got too much influence in the bands direction leading to their pussification and swift demise under the first barrage of grunge.

Tramp actually went back an rerecorded gay versions of all of their songs and brought it out as a solo album.

I've only heard clips but nearly vomited.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-26-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Never really got into him that heavily when White Lion was at their zenith, because at the time they were just another hair band with a guitar player that couldn't keep both hands off the fretboard...so upon a cursory glance/listen, I'd say he was somewhat of an Eddie clone, but may be an unfair characterization on my part.

Is definitely a severe bummer to anyone who enjoys playing the guitar to be unable to because of physical injury, though.

"Mike Tramp's White Lion"? Gee, thanks for clearing THAT up, Mike!
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                            Never really got into him that heavily when White Lion was at their zenith, because at the time they were just another hair band with a guitar player that couldn't keep both hands off the fretboard...so upon a cursory glance/listen, I'd say he was somewhat of an Eddie clone, but may be an unfair characterization on my part.
                            It's not how many hands you have on the fretboard it's what you do with them...

Give his solo's another listen.

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

Go to thrills and spills bratta vids and clik on the video interview
                              he talks about how eddie opened so many doors

My fingers weren't long enough to reach the whole fret board and i need
                              this note at the sane time eddie brought that to the surface for him.

He was no clone just apiece here and a piece there..

Comment

Working...