• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pablo
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2005

Is this the begining of the end?

Saw this at Drudgereport.com

Saying DLR had a 1.7 share in January compared to Howard's 7.9 in December. Devolping. Hope it's not the end as i lke the show.
    Last edited by pablo; 02-27-2006, 03:24 PM.
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

I noticed that, too. I was going to post a thread about it but you beat me to it.

I'm not sure exactly how to read this. Obviously, a vast majority of Howard's fans are hardcore and very loyal. I'm assuming that many of them...close to all...went to Sirius to get his show. That doesn't leave much left for Dave.

The big question is...how did Dave fare against other morning jocks in NY during the same time slot.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Also, why is it so fucking hard to find radio show ratings? I did numerous searches only to come up with nil.
      I guess you're right...

Comment

• jslav06
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2006

Dave has been on for a total of 2 months.

2 months.

Stern is broadcast through Sirius satellite radio, ALL OVER, and Dave is broadcast in select cities on the East Coast and to people who want to sit at their computer and listen to it as they post on the Army Forums (me). I still think it just needs some time. And maybe it'll spread who knows?
        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
        I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• Roy Munson
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jslav06
          Dave has been on for a total of 2 months.

2 months.

Stern is broadcast through Sirius satellite radio, ALL OVER, and Dave is broadcast in select cities on the East Coast and to people who want to sit at their computer and listen to it as they post on the Army Forums (me). I still think it just needs some time. And maybe it'll spread who knows?

I don't think these ratings are reflecting Roth vs. Stern in a current sense. They are reflecting free-radio ratings only. The numbers that are being talked about are...

Roth - January 2006 - 1.7 share
          Stern - December 2005 - 7.9 share

They aren't comparing Roth on free radio to Stern on Sirius.
          I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Basically, what these numbers show is just how loyal Howard's fans really are. That is a HUGE drop in listenership from December to January.

Did all of those people buy Sirius radios? Probably not but I'm guessing the vast majority did.

The thing to keep in mind here is that Dave is going to have to EARN his listeners and build his show up. He has the faithful Roth fans, plus the people too cheap to buy a Sirius radio and also the ones that are just curious. He's going to have to keep working at it.
            I guess you're right...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Roy Munson
              He has the faithful Roth fans,
              How many would that be ??

Comment

• DR CHIP
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'd like for someone to clear something up for me.

My listening area is the home to Howard Stern and he had an enormous amount of people that listened to him. I also realize that he was on tape delay in places like California for instance who were listening to him when his show was actually over if not close to being over on that particular broadcast day.

So, my question is:

I'm quite sure there were more people listening to Stern here than the amount of listeners Sirius has right now. So, in reality he has "less" listeners now. He primarily went to Sirius for the "freedom" of broadcasting not to expand his viewership. Because unless I'm missing something here his viewship has actually declined.

Yes or No?
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Probably so...

What's your point ??

Are you another one of our posters who has little to no reading comprehension ??

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Oh and secondly DLR's show is pretty fucking good if you ask me. Stop fucking listening to it if you don't like it.

Roth rules baby!!!!!!!!!!!

If Mr. Sticks and Mr. Fingers would sober and grow up maybe there can be a reunion that "real" Van Halen fans want.

Everything that Roth says about a possible reunion makes perfect sense.

Ed and Al really must be quite dysfunctional.

Lastly, who gives a fuck about Howard Stern's numbers? He's not a heart surgeon or something he has no special talent. He's a dirtbag IMO.
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Probably so...

What's your point ??

Are you another one of our posters who has little to no reading comprehension ??
                        You must be the one with little or no reading comprehension if you can't understand my question.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I asked what your point was...

I answered your question...

And BTW, how can one view a radio show ??

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

OUCH! 1.7 share is horrid. You'll have to wait and see when official ratings come out, and see what those up against him are pulling. Maybe the audience scattered to many different morning shows, but that share is going to make Infinity think.

Also need to see what he does in different demographics. Maybe he has a good rating in the most important demos.

Again I warn people that it takes a while for any new morning show to get it's legs. You have to "wash" the audience first and then build up your own.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

OK people listen to radio shows not view them. You are correct on that point. Sorry 'bout that.

Comment

Working...