PDA

View Full Version : ROTH'S FREE FALLING - Down by 75%

TikiGod
02-28-2006, 12:08 PM
February 28, 2006 -- DOWN BY 75 PERCENT
THE loss of Howard Stern was devastating to all-talk Free FM (92.3), according to preliminary — and unofficial — January ratings released yesterday.

While no replacement for the powerhouse shock jock was expected to retain his No. 1 ratings, ex-rocker David Lee Roth shed a whopping three-fourths of Stern's swan-song December audience, according to unofficial monthly "extrapolations" from interim Arbitron quarterly ratings.

Whereas Stern was top dog as usual in December, Roth ranked 18th in January, between Don Imus — who also lost listeners — and Spanish-language WADO.

Roth, who debuted Jan. 3 after Stern departed for Sirius Satellite Radio, attracted an estimated 63,000 listeners in January (during an "average quarter-hour") vs. Stern's more than quarter-million (277,000) in December.

Polk High
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
well if he was around where Imus is I'd say that's not bad. Remeber we're not trying to replace stern.

To put some persepective into this imagine if Stern took over for DLR in VH or in Dave's band, do you think any of us would approve or the world would say howard was a good replacement????

Imus has been around for years and his home station is the wildly popular WFAN in NY a station that most sports fans love in the NY/NJ area, in fact its the only AM station I can name anywhere so Imus has that market for him. There are a ton of the FM stations out there w/ ratings below DLR's
Agree or disagree?

il_es_douche
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Polk is right. Stern would make a terrible lead singer in a rock band. That's why he shouldn't try it! Just as Roth was foolish to attempt his own show. It is fucking disastrous!

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Can we please start, like, 59 more threads about how bad the radio show is? Please? I don't think the 82 that have shown up over the last month and a half in main have actually done the topic justice yet... :rolleyes:

Fuckwits.

Polk High
02-28-2006, 09:47 PM
i think the show is good, he's certainly as entertaining as imus

bantonelli
02-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
well if he was around where Imus is I'd say that's not bad. Remeber we're not trying to replace stern.

To put some persepective into this imagine if Stern took over for DLR in VH or in Dave's band, do you think any of us would approve or the world would say howard was a good replacement????

Imus has been around for years and his home station is the wildly popular WFAN in NY a station that most sports fans love in the NY/NJ area, in fact its the only AM station I can name anywhere so Imus has that market for him. There are a ton of the FM stations out there w/ ratings below DLR's
Agree or disagree?

Totally Agree. Adam Carolla's numbers were below Roth's for the Los Angeles market when LA's FreeFM lost Stern.

There is a market for every type of personality and as D-RO continues to tweek his schtick.

ben halen
03-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Totally Agree. Adam Carolla's numbers were below Roth's for the Los Angeles market when LA's FreeFM lost Stern.

There is a market for every type of personality and as D-RO continues to tweek his schtick.

Exactly. Those ratings were for January and I think he's improved a lot over the last month.

Plexi Head
03-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Can we please start, like, 59 more threads about how bad the radio show is? Please? I don't think the 82 that have shown up over the last month and a half in main have actually done the topic justice yet... :rolleyes:

Fuckwits.

Only a Fuckwit would actually read a thread that offended them, then post a reply. No one forced you to read said thread. Heres an anger management tip; if the topic pisses you off don't read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bru87tr
03-01-2006, 08:26 AM
those numbers dont mean shit. if anyone is at fault for nymbers going down for one its obvious alot of stern followers, followed stern. duh ?

for another...... the numbers are gonna be in the negative with stern listeners leaving. how is roth gonna attract new listeners that will actually make a difference in numbers ? it wont. hes gonna get the left overs. people that have been listening to roth have been for years. there is no new audience. not new enough to make the numbers jump out at ya!

there is nobody better out there who can beat stern at what he does. there is nobody better to replace him than Roth, if there were Roth wouldnt have won the seat. infinity fucked up, not Roth! they let stern go and now they regret it. dumb ass's!

its unfair to compare roth to stern. stern has a following and roth is new. I say Roth is a success! you cant consider stern in this equation.

bru87tr
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Across the continent, in Los Angeles, Adam Carolla's show attracted a paltry 0.7 share in January, making KLSX the lowest-rated full-signal commercial FM in the market during morning drive for the month.

BTW: so much for people saying carolla is better than Roth...lol

EEASCURLY
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
These critics can all kiss my hairy bean-bag. Kimme a fuckin' break. First of all, Stern had years and years to build up his empire. I personally never liked him or his show. . .he is so monotone and boring I can't stand it. Second, most of his fans would have blasted anyone taking his spot on Free radio.. . no matter who they are. I thought Dave's show has been picking up steam. . .although I'm a big fan so I may be a little biased. These critics have been chomping at the bit to blast Dave. .. they just love to report when ratings go down. . .it must make their little penis's swell to a whopping 1.34 inches.

bantonelli
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by bru87tr
those numbers dont mean shit. if anyone is at fault for nymbers going down for one its obvious alot of stern followers, followed stern. duh ?

for another...... the numbers are gonna be in the negative with stern listeners leaving. how is roth gonna attract new listeners that will actually make a difference in numbers ? it wont. hes gonna get the left overs. people that have been listening to roth have been for years. there is no new audience. not new enough to make the numbers jump out at ya!

there is nobody better out there who can beat stern at what he does. there is nobody better to replace him than Roth, if there were Roth wouldnt have won the seat. infinity fucked up, not Roth! they let stern go and now they regret it. dumb ass's!

its unfair to compare roth to stern. stern has a following and roth is new. I say Roth is a success! you cant consider stern in this equation.

My words and thoughts.....EXACTLY!!!

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Only a Fuckwit would actually read a thread that offended them, then post a reply.

Only a fuckwit would take offense at the fact that I did so.

No one forced you to read said thread.

No, they didn't. On the same coin, nobody forced you to complain about me doing so, either, but if you want to, that's pretty much your fucking perogitive, isn't it?

So don't fucking try to deny me mine, shithead. I would say that Tiki has the perogitive of starting thread #5,409,684 of the same pointless bullshit, but since it affects bandwidth, I actually have ground to stand on.

It's already been established that you either like David's show or you don't, period. Nobody's going to convince anyone that "It Sucks" by posting more negative reviews or more crap about falling ratings. That's already been established, as well. People either listen to it or they don't, and so what?

Nothing new to see here...

Heres an anger management tip; if the topic pisses you off don't read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's one for you - don't care about what I do so much and you'll find yourself less pissed off by what I do.

OK then? :)

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Point I'm trying to make is, I think it's kinda pointless to start numerous threads about what amounts to being the same thing...

"________ says Dave's show is failing"

"A source at __________ says Dave's ratings are low"

"____________ doesn't like Dave's show"

"Dave's ratings are lower than __________"

"According to ___________, Dave's show sucks dick"

etc etc...

At the end of the day, it just seems kinda pointless to me to have 59 threads that amount to being the same thing, really...instead of reading through all of them and gleaning the same basic information (which is that Dave's rating are slipping and, surprise suprise, you'll just have to decide for yourself whether or not you like the program and whether or not you'll choose to listen to it), it would be easier to just put negative reviews or discussions about slipping ratings (with or without sources) into one particular thread...

To boot, it's really depressing to go into main and see an overwhelming majority of topics being negative...makes me think Three Lock Rock's been on a rampage...

lmao

Matt White
03-01-2006, 10:46 AM
How aboot some threads on how Sateliete radio is LOSING money...even with Hop-a-long Howie on board?

How his audience DIDN'T make the move to satelite with him...

And for that matter...JOIN A FUCKIN' HOWARD STERN BOARD YA CUNTS

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
How aboot some threads on how Sateliete radio is LOSING money...even with Hop-a-long Howie on board?

Fact is that his fans have gone with him, and they're still coming. It's going to take time, just like it would take time for DLR and others to build an audience. In Howard's case, the number of subscriptions to Sirius, particularly in December was remarkable. So good that people haven't been able to get Sirius radios. They are now starting to get back on the shelves. As these radios come down in price, like all electronics, everyone will come over.

Of course sat radio is losing money. They will for several years. All new ventures like this do. In Sirius' case, they paid out large amounts of money to people like Stern now, to reap the benefits down the road.

For 25 years, people have been predicting the demise of Howard, and it just never occurs. Want to see his impact? Look no further than the panic CBS radio is in as a result of Howard leaving and the miserable early ratings of his replacements. CBS launching a half-billion $ lawsuit against Howard to defelect attention away from the shitty job they've done.

And how ridiculous the lawsuit is....Howard talked about Sirius on our airwaves...Boo hoo....Who let him, jackoffs?

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Well, I can say this...I've had a chance to listen to Sterns new programming via tapes from a friend...and I can honestly say his old show was better...now that he doesn't have anything to really complain about and all the restraints are off of him, there's no conflict and it's just boring.

If it's indeed losing money and/or the fanbase, I can see why.

Joe Mannix
03-01-2006, 12:08 PM

Fuckwits.
No shit, this is why main sucks here & other places.
In every forums theres 3 of the
same subjects, why dont mods
close the similar ones?

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Joe Mannix
No shit, this is why main sucks here & other places.
In every forums theres 3 of the
same subjects, why dont mods
close the similar ones?

Thank you.

I'm not opposed to reading the reviews, I guess, but I mean really...they all amount to the same thing and it's ground that's already been covered, numerous times...

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, I can say this...I've had a chance to listen to Sterns new programming via tapes from a friend...and I can honestly say his old show was better...now that he doesn't have anything to really complain about and all the restraints are off of him, there's no conflict and it's just boring.

If it's indeed losing money and/or the fanbase, I can see why.

I've heard this dumbass argument over and over and I don't buy it. The shows have been fantastic for the most part. I don't tune in to hear Howard complain. I tune in to laugh. And there have been 100% more laughs since moving, because he's not ranting. In fact, todays show where he went on for the first hour about the CBS lawsuit was one of the weakest shows in two months. Eventually he got past it and we got Gilbert uncensored, Red Peters uncensored...good stuff.

Matt White
03-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Then...it's kinda like the ROTH SHOW...I tune in and DIG it....then have to come here and listen to a bunch of fruads complain aboot him....

Maybe we should both tune them out.......

Dirty Duck
03-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree with Bueno Bob...

Lets forget what critics are saying....

Lets stop being so fucking negative...

Lets just move on....

I havent been here lately cause of all this negativity...

To be honest ...it's embarrasing...

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I think that too many are jumping on the "People are picking on DLR's show" bandwagon and ignoring the reality here-

DLR, and all others that filled in for Howard WILL be made the scapegoats, so that jackoffs like Les Moonves can avoid the blame when it comes to how CBS radio is in the shitter! He's such a weasle scumbag, that he won't take responsibility. That's why he's suing Stern. And then when that case gets laughed out of court, he'll turn to DLR and say, "You ratings suck" and fire him.

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I've heard this dumbass argument over and over and I don't buy it.

I'm not asking you to fucking buy anything. I think that the show was boring, unfunny and unoriginal and could understand it losing it's fanbase IF what I had heard was the common daily airing.

The shows have been fantastic for the most part.

OK, but that's your opinion...from the ten or so plus that I've heard, I don't like them...cock jokes just run the gamut really quick, for me.

I don't tune in to hear Howard complain. I tune in to laugh. And there have been 100% more laughs since moving, because he's not ranting.

Well, I guess it's a matter of personal opinion...again, I'm stating that...to me, Howard isn't funny if he doesn't have something to complain about...but if CBS does indeed sue him, that'll probably change.

Doesn't matter to me in the long run, because I don't make a habit of listening to him...never have, never will...I will if nothing else happens to be on, but in this day and age, a CD beats a radio broadcast to me 9 times out of 10, Howard included.

In fact, todays show where he went on for the first hour about the CBS lawsuit was one of the weakest shows in two months. Eventually he got past it and we got Gilbert uncensored, Red Peters uncensored...good stuff.

That's cool, then. But my point stands. Unless he's got something to complain about or he's trying to sneak a cock joke in under the radar, I don't find him all that amusing...

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah...and your opinion isn't any more valid than mine...

This is just people discussing an issue ralated to DLR and some are getting all upset about it being discussed.

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Because it's the same thing that's been discussed 10,000 times already.

That's my only issue with it...I mean, really, do 39 threads about him losing ratings make it more of an important subject that 4 or 5 threads? Does it really?

I mean, fuck, who cares? Yeah, it's gonna eventually be cancelled due to poor ratings and the stations will probably try different formats until they decide on spinning random tunes with no DJ, which has caught on in just about every market in the U.S. and that'll be the end of it....

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 04:13 PM
And that's no shortcoming on Dave's part...and it's no grate glory for Howard, either.

There, I've settled the debate and now we can all move on to more important topics...like Larg...boobs...how grate I am...and what the VH/DLR reunion set list will look like...

:)

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Because it's the same thing that's been discussed 10,000 times already.

That's my only issue with it...I mean, really, do 39 threads about him losing ratings make it more of an important subject that 4 or 5 threads? Does it really?

I mean, fuck, who cares? Yeah, it's gonna eventually be cancelled due to poor ratings and the stations will probably try different formats until they decide on spinning random tunes with no DJ, which has caught on in just about every market in the U.S. and that'll be the end of it....

His ratings are new news. Because you're tired of it doesn't mean it's not.

If Dave had pulled an 8 share, you wouldn't be upset at the threads talking about it.

John Holmes
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I gave Adolf a call and he told me that the Communists, in particular Josef Stalin, are behind the sabotage of Dave's show. The fuehrer personally told me he heard it from a friend of his, who's not used to bullshit anybody.

bobgnote
03-01-2006, 07:44 PM

Agree or disagree?

Tongue In Cheek comic Imus is why there's movies, MIDNIGHT COWBOY, Play Misty For Me.

But Imus shuts up, since he has to SCHMOOZE or be silent, for his redundant Catholic agendas, quite often, or resort to Catholic School clown gags, where these falter in light of dubious accumulations of Abrogado media, in the years since Imus and Pope JP went up.

Roth is a ripoff figure, holding on, year after year, after geeking for the worst of the ripoff bands, to actually hang on AFTER their source of material went down! The idiot fans NEVER play music, themselves, not really. So you cannot assess that Ed VH always was a faker, that David Lee Roth sang JUMP over all that, but he only hopped off, so he still nurtures bullshit talk from all kinds of geeks the world over, that somehow, the bogus band you idiots worship will find riffs to steal, AGAIN, so Coach Cowher will have to go through the long ordeal again.

He doesn't mind; I do mind. YOU don't get more rock, yet. And 'yet' is already getting to be 35 years, since I was first ripped off.

Don't like it? Go dig up Werner Erhard; he'll tell you fans what you are. Get Aggie for what you expectant dipshits actually DO, double-hard, as you bogard all the media, waiting for the no-way music to arrive. Why should anyone wait for rip-kike Roth to make a hit, as DJ?

Mr. Vengeance
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM

Agree or disagree?

Imus' ratings are putrid. I believe he's 17th...

Plexi Head
03-02-2006, 12:20 AM

Here's one for you - don't care about what I do so much and you'll find yourself less pissed off by what I do.

No offence but you just replied to my two line post with a fucking novel.
I'd say that constitutes to you caring a whole lot more about me than I do about you.

Diamondjimi
03-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by bobgnote

Don't like it? Go dig up Werner Erhard; he'll tell you fans what you are. Get Aggie for what you expectant dipshits actually DO, double-hard, as you bogard all the media, waiting for the no-way music to arrive. Why should anyone wait for rip-kike Roth to make a hit, as DJ?

Try having your interpreter type something intelligable next time . ok!?

And lighten up on the bong hits fer Chrissakes.......

jslav06
03-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Imus' ratings are putrid. I believe he's 17th...

Well, Imus is putrid.

bueno bob
03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
His ratings are new news. Because you're tired of it doesn't mean it's not.

If Dave had pulled an 8 share, you wouldn't be upset at the threads talking about it.

Actually, I would. I'm tired of repeat threads about his ratings.

No worries, though.

bueno bob
03-02-2006, 02:41 AM
No offence but you just replied to my two line post with a fucking novel.

Welcome to the land of Bueno Bob. If there's one thing I'll never be accused of it's being at a loss for words.

Ever tell ya I'm a published author? True story.

I'd say that constitutes to you caring a whole lot more about me than I do about you.

No, that means I care more about why BILL LUMBERGH IS SO FUCKING GAY.

:mad:

Trust me, that issue bothers me a lot more than you do.

:)

Plexi Head
03-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the land of Bueno Bob. If there's one thing I'll never be accused of it's being at a loss for words.

Ever tell ya I'm a published author? True story.

Ever tell ya that my Dad's a fireman? True story.

bueno bob
03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Ever tell ya that my Dad's a fireman? True story.

Good for him. But that's got absolutely nothing to do with me leaving novel length responses to you, and it only vaguely borders the trajectory of Larg, so...there ya go, and the I's have it...

bueno bob
03-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Ha! :D