PDA

View Full Version : Republicans are harming our children.

Steve Savicki
02-28-2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/02/27/ohio-state-senator-introd_n_16423.html

State Senator Robert Hagan (D-Ohio) says he will introduce legislation to ban Republican couples from adopting children. According to Hagan, "credible research'' shows that adopted children raised in GOP households are more at risk for developing "emotional problems, social stigmas, inflated egos, and alarming lack of tolerance for others they deem different than themselves and an air of overconfidence to mask their insecurities." Hagan agrees there is no scientific evidence backing his claims about Republican parents -- just, as Hagan notes, there is none backing State Representative Ron Hood's (R) bill banning gay parents from adopting. Hood claims children purportedly suffer from emotional "harm" when they are adopted by gay couples. Hagen admits he created his proposal to mock Hood's proposed ban on gay adoption in a way that people would see the "blatantly discriminatory and extremely divisive" nature of the bill. The GOP House leadership does not support Hood's proposal.

jhale667
02-28-2006, 01:24 PM
OK, that's hilarious....:D

Steve Savicki
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
It's bad enough that natural born kids to Republican families have "inflated egos, and alarming lack of tolerance for others they deem different than themselves and an air of overconfidence to mask their insecurities."

Outside of Ohio, may we say Bush & Cheney?

Roy Munson
02-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Can't you see there is already a topic posted about this? FORD will bring down the law unto you for this.

Wait a minute...your thread is consistant with FORD's opinions. Carry on.

Steve Savicki
02-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Where was the topic? I missed it even though I scanned the front page of the line.

Mods, feel free to combine this.

Sorry if I missed the other thread.

EDITED TO ADD: Roy, why so hostile today?

Ally_Kat
02-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
It's bad enough that natural born kids to Republican families have "inflated egos, and alarming lack of tolerance for others they deem different than themselves and an air of overconfidence to mask their insecurities."

That was a very ignorant thing to say. I know kids from Democrat families who are the same way. Just like I know kids from Democrat and Republican families that aren't.

Roy Munson
02-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
That was a very ignorant thing to say. I know kids from Democrat families who are the same way. Just like I know kids from Democrat and Republican families that aren't.

The voice of reason!!!

:)

Roy Munson
02-28-2006, 01:38 PM

EDITED TO ADD: Roy, why so hostile today?

If you sense any hostility in what I have been writing please give me some of what you're smoking.

Sarcasm? Yes. Hostility? No.

scamper
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM

Another great generalization....just shows a lack of tolerance from an extremist.

diamondD
02-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Wait a minute, FORD's parents are Republicans? ;)

Roy Munson
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by diamondD

Solid!

thome
02-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Nothing quite like billionair democrats who vote republican to keep
stronger hold on their millions all the time makeing like their
down wif da peeps eh!

Mr Kennedy

Mr & Mrs Clinton .........etc etc.........

Keep foolin ............

Roy Munson
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by thome
Nothing quite like billionair democrats who vote republican to keep
stronger hold on their millions all the time makeing like their
down wif da peeps eh!

Mr Kennedy

Mr & Mrs Clinton .........etc etc.........

Keep foolin ............

Come again?

:confused:

thome
02-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry, I get the joke thing .I just will never forget Hillary on
Letterman when she said" Democrats care for the common man and the
problems with Social Secrurity and Health Care.-- RICH--Republicans like
our president don't care about the people with little money and
Democrats and people like me understand."

this was before the last election...

So Dave sais "your worth like a billion Dollars" and hillary sais

"Well the poor they don't understand that we are Rich, like we do,-rich people- like me and you"... to Dave

and the wierdness of the thread reminded me of the wierdness of politics.

Steve Savicki
02-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I didn't say all kids.

FORD
02-28-2006, 09:20 PM

No they are not. Though they are to the right of me on some issues, I don't think my mom ever voted for a Republican in her life. And my dad voted for Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84, but wasn't happy with either one afterwards. And he never considered voting for George Bush. Let alone his idiot son.

And yes, by the way, this is a dupe thread.

Closed.

FORD
02-28-2006, 09:25 PM

No they are not. Though they are to the right of me on some issues, I don't think my mom ever voted for a Republican in her life. And my dad voted for Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 84, but wasn't happy with either one afterwards. And he never considered voting for George Bush. Let alone his idiot son.

And yes, by the way, this is a dupe thread.

Closed.