PDA

View Full Version : New news article on Roth radio.

SRK
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
New news article on Roth radio..... http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=128498

Talks alot about falling ratings...

also from the article......Roth did somewhat well in the category of listeners between 18 and 34, holding onto fourth place with a 6.1 share - though that’s still down from Stern’s 10.9 share last fall

Terry
03-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Doesn't really matter if he has low ratings, or if the show gets cancelled, or whatever. Not like this radio gig was ever the be-all, end-all for Roth, and it's not his career, unlike Stern.

Took guts for him to give it a go, so he gets a nod of the hat regardless of the result.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Damn. I was hoping I was going to be able to post "So what, anybody would've had falling ratings compared to Stern", but the article covers that.

I am wondering how, say, Adam Corrolla is doing rating wise. And if Roth would work better during the evening drive home slot.

Bob_R
03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Doesn't really matter if he has low ratings, or if the show gets cancelled, or whatever. Not like this radio gig was ever the be-all, end-all for Roth, and it's not his career, unlike Stern.

Took guts for him to give it a go, so he gets a nod of the hat regardless of the result.

Exactly. I'm enjoying his show. What a breath of fresh air!

4rchang3l
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
truth be known? i cant wait till monday here in NYC. 'JV&Elvis' is like one long awkward moment and since tuesday ive been back to 'baltazar&goombah johnny' @ wktu.
-j; )

Nickdfresh
03-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Damn. I was hoping I was going to be able to post "So what, anybody would've had falling ratings compared to Stern", but the article covers that.

I am wondering how, say, Adam Corrolla is doing rating wise. And if Roth would work better during the evening drive home slot.

Corolla is doing worse I believe...

But I'm not positive about that...

jslav06
03-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

He is. And I never really thought he was that funny either. I can't imagine what his show would be like. Oh well.

bueno bob
03-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Yup, he is. The morning radio market here in Portland has basically turned to the new format, the "No DJ/Random Songs of All Genres" format (our station is called "Charlie FM"...I guess they all play off of a plain name...?). I don't know if that's caught on back east yet (I remember hearing that people weren't into it at first), but it's really caught on out here.

Brett
03-04-2006, 12:59 AM
We've had that format here for a long time, called "Jack FM" here.

Nickdfresh
03-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Ooof! We have Jack-off FM in Buffalo too...

Or, I should say in "Orchard Oak." LMFAO!

bueno bob
03-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I have to say, I really like the idea...I'm not much into listening to anyone other than myself bullshit a lot, so DJ personalities don't really work with me much...the less they say, the better...and with as diverse as my tastes in music are, the whole Jack/Charlie/Whatever it calls itself format fits me perfectly...