X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

Brian May talks about playing on CHINESE DEMOCRACY

QUEEN guitarist Brian May has confirmed in a posting on his official web site that the recently leaked version of the new GUNS N' ROSES track "Catcher in the Rye" features a guest appearance by May on lead guitar.

"Catcher in the Rye" is one of several songs recorded during the sessions for GUNS N' ROSES' much-anticipated "Chinese Democracy" album that have been leaked during the recent weeks, following "I.R.S.", "There Was A Time" (or "T.W.A.T.") and "Better". GUNS N' ROSES' management has reportedly been asking webmasters to delete the files from their sites, and to also remove any links to them, in an effort to stop their spread. It's unknown where the leaks originated.

Commented May: "'Catcher in the Rye' is a great track .. I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week .... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions. I had flown out to L.A. specially to play on the record for Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES frontman]. I've sat on whatever I have or know about these songs ever since that moment .... out of respect for Axl .... Confidentiality is part of respect for me. So I will watch with interest. I like the track a lot and always did ... and it still sounds very fresh ... The thing that hits you first is that incredible, incredible voice ... We've been missing it for far too long. Axl is magic."

Axl Rose has said fans would get to hear new music this year, and former lead guitarist Slash has been telling interviewers that "Chinese Democracy" will be out in March, but no official release date has been announced.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

While I think May is one of the great guitar players out there, I certainly don't cuntsider Axl as "magic".

Interesting story, nevetheless.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

No, I'd call him a "tosser", but everyone has an opinion. Some people have too many opinions. Take my grandmother, for example, she walked into the house one day whilst I was watching AC/DC "Live At Donnington", and she started "What's he doing there? What an idiot. People who go to these things are stupid. You'll grow out of it. You'll never catch me watching one of these things".

On the Live Aid DVD Billy Connolly says that "This concert is on 98% of the televisions on earth", you bet yo ass that my nan was one of the 2% who wasn't watching.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Honeyhunter
        Full On Cocktard
        • Feb 2004

Brian May needs a haircut.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Oct 2004

I don't think he's had one in 40 years, and I don't think he's gonna start now.
          Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

More I think about it, more I'm likely to give Chinese Democracy a chance and pick up a copy if it ever does come out.

Even an interesting calamity from Rose will be better to listen to than the drek put out by 90% of the contemporary rock bands out there.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jslav06
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Terry
              More I think about it, more I'm likely to give Chinese Democracy a chance and pick up a copy if it ever does come out.

Even an interesting calamity from Rose will be better to listen to than the drek put out by 90% of the contemporary rock bands out there.
              I'm gonna give it a try. It doesn't sound too bad.
              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
              I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

Working...