PDA

View Full Version : Republican Congressman Predicts CHIMPEACHMENT!

FORD
03-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Republican Congressman Predicts Bush Impeachment
Says US close to dictatorship

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | March 3 2006

Republican Congressman Ron Paul has gone on record with his prediction that the impeachment of George W. Bush is right around the corner but warned that in the meantime the US was slipping perilously close to a dictatorship.

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show and addressing the port sell-out, Paul stated that, "it probably will contribute to the Republican's failure in the next election."

Asked if the Democrats would use gains in the mid-term elections to set in motion impeachment proceedings against George W. Bush, Paul responded,

"I predict that would happen."

"I think he (Bush) has numerous things that the Democrats if they get a chance, not only will they be after him for that but it will be payback for the Clinton impeachment."

Paul was inclined to believe that the port sales would go ahead anyway but took a positive perspective in pointing out that it again highlighted George W. Bush's complete abandonment of conservative principles.

"At least this has awakened a lot of people and I think this is going to serve as a benefit," said Paul. "They're likely to pull this deal off but the American people are awakening now and I think there's going to be a payback period in the election."

The Congressman expressed his resignation at the passage of the Patriot Act and how it again underscores Bush's unchecked powers

"They had a few token changes which mean nothing and under the present system he (President Bush) just ignores what he doesn't like anyway."

Asked if the US was heading into a dictatorship, Paul responded,

"It's getting close to it, it's called usurpation of power and it's done in many ways with Congress just going along because they're sound asleep and this certainly is an attack on our Constitution and on our freedoms."

Link (http://www.infowars.com/articles/Bush/paul_predicts_bush_impeachment.htm)

Warham
03-03-2006, 06:40 PM
:rolleyes:

The Democrats aren't going to take control of the House in '06, so I don't what he's smoking.

Also, you need 66 votes for a President to be found guilty in a Senate trial. There won't be 66 Democrats controlling the Senate in 2006.

Stop with the impeachment shit.

FORD
03-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Remember that it was the Republican cooperation that drove Nixon out of office.

Once enough Republicans realize that Dumbass is dragging them down with his sinking ship, they might realize that saving their own asses is a good idea.

And if not, then let them lose some seats. If they lose the Senate majority in November, I think they'll be more than happy than to let Chimp hang for it.

ELVIS
03-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Plainly preposterous...

:elvis:

FORD
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Plainly preposterous...

:elvis:

That's what Nixon said in 1973 ;)

Little Texan
03-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Bush needs to be impeached, and I hope it happens. I used to support Bush, but he lost me when he started that stupid, unjust war over in Iraq on false pretenses. The fact that he's willing to let the fox take charge of the henhouse regarding the Arabs taking over key ports is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm fed up with this idiot...it is so embarassing, as an American, to have such a fucking moron as our President...he's just so unbelievably stupid it's pathetic, and he keeps proving my point more and more every day he's in office. Bring on the chimpeachment!

Little Texan
03-03-2006, 08:14 PM
The bad thing about Bush being impeached, is that Dickhead Cheney would become President, and that's even worse! But, I guess he already runs the country anyways, so it wouldn't be much different than it is now.

FORD
03-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
The bad thing about Bush being impeached, is that Dickhead Cheney would become President, and that's even worse! But, I guess he already runs the country anyways, so it wouldn't be much different than it is now.

True, but rumor is that Dick's planning to retire for "Health reasons" within the year anyway.

So who would be the BCE's "Jerry Ford" this time?

Warham
03-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Dennis Hastert would take the reins.

LoungeMachine
03-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by FORD
True, but rumor is that Dick's planning to retire for "Health reasons" within the year anyway.

So who would be the BCE's "Jerry Ford" this time?

Condi Rice.

Bet on it.

FORD
03-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Dennis Hastert would take the reins.

Nah, that only happens if they lose Chimp and Cheney at the exact same time.

If Cheney goes first, he'll probably get to pick his own replacement (since Junior doesn't actually decide anything)

Who would Uncle Dick pick this time, since he can't pick himself?

ELVIS
03-04-2006, 12:27 AM
(since Junior doesn't actually decide anything)

Then, how can you liberals blame him for EVERYTHING ??

LoungeMachine
03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Then, how can you liberals blame him for EVERYTHING ??

Do we really have that kind of time?

FORD
03-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Condi Rice.

Bet on it.

I don't think so.

While Junior can get away with claiming not to be racist, the party's extremist base most definitely IS. If Cheney goes down, they know the Chimp isn't far behind and they aren't about to let a black woman sit in the White House.

About the only way that MIGHT happen is if Mitt Romney were the only other available candidate.

Black woman vs Mormon.......

The religious reich would win that one barely, and would do ANYTHING to keep the crazy cultist out of the White House.

And then the KKK would ensure the shortest Presidency on record, with the Republicans putting less effort into that investigation than they did the 9-11 whitewash.

Nickdfresh
03-04-2006, 12:51 AM
I hate Pres. BUSH and think he's an all time Presidential ass-clown...

But I think an impeachment would be counterproductive to this country. Let nature takes it's course, and he will have the responsibility for his failed policies, rather than having someone inherit them...

Hardrock69
03-04-2006, 02:11 AM
This is a dupe thread.

Close it.

:cool:

FORD
03-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Huh? :confused:

Cathedral
03-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I'd like for all registered Republicans to ask themselves this question:

"Does George W. Bush fit YOUR life long definition of what a Conservative Republican is and should be?"

If you aren't just a voter who rides the party line then the answer has to be NO, without hesitation.

The facts are facts, he's submitted more constitutional ammendments than any other President in history.
He's trampled State's Right's on right to die/live issues where he and his cronies have all but tried to rob a man of his legal right's as a guardian (which could have been you or me), This admnistration claims to be protecting the US from terror yet leaves the borders hanging wide open. He's spending our money like their is no tomorrow and we can't afford it.
He talks of stepping up education and care for the elderly and then turns around and cuts funding for Student Loans, which means fewer poor people will get them...and he has cut funding in Medicare (which also directly effects me and my terminally ill wife) and all the while pumping these funds into the War Machine (military spending) while NOT literally persuing the objective of why we went their in the first place.
Let's not forget that in the history of this country there has NEVER been an Administration that has been cloaked so deep in secrecy on most of their dealings across the globe and in our own back yards.

They use the excuse, "We're at war, so we can't be as open as we were before 9-11" and quite frankly, "THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

If National Security was the goal then step one would have been to close the borders and start evicting the illegals, and that has NEVER been part of the plan.
Our Manufacturing jobs have been sent over seas and the only jobs left here don't pay shit, and what keeps the numbers even is all the illegals who come over to take those shit paying jobs...These are facts, people, not conspiracy.

His fathers NAFTA deal failed within two years and nobody has stepped up to address the interests of the American Worker...then when George comes in he passes another deal just like it called CAFTA, and he has the nerve to call it "Fair Trade"....and he paid for this by giving everyone the illusion of a tax cut, actually he bought us all off with the tax cut.

Well, i don't know about all you other Conservatives, but I've already lost a hell of a lot more than that tax cut supposedly gave me in relief.

Now, the Patriot Act is about to pass again without the attack on civil liberties being adjusted, or fixed, AS WAS PROMISED 5 YEARS AGO!

I have no respect for Party walking Conservatives who ignore all this stuff while that man sits in front of a camera talking about being born again, and then as soon as the "ON AIR" sign goes out he's mother fucking people and speaking as if he just got out of the Navy, flipping people off, and acting like, and i quote, "A good old boy".

I want him gone, he's NOT what you think he is and he's destroying our home.

FORD
03-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Beautiful, Cat!

Now how do we make sure every Republican in the country gets a copy?

Hell, every Democrat for that matter. Fence-sitters too.

blueturk
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

"Does George W. Bush fit YOUR life long definition of what a Conservative Republican is and should be?"

If you aren't just a voter who rides the party line then the answer has to be NO, without hesitation.

The facts are facts, he's submitted more constitutional ammendments than any other President in history.
He's trampled State's Right's on right to die/live issues where he and his cronies have all but tried to rob a man of his legal right's as a guardian (which could have been you or me), This admnistration claims to be protecting the US from terror yet leaves the borders hanging wide open. He's spending our money like their is no tomorrow and we can't afford it.
He talks of stepping up education and care for the elderly and then turns around and cuts funding for Student Loans, which means fewer poor people will get them...and he has cut funding in Medicare (which also directly effects me and my terminally ill wife) and all the while pumping these funds into the War Machine (military spending) while NOT literally persuing the objective of why we went their in the first place.
Let's not forget that in the history of this country there has NEVER been an Administration that has been cloaked so deep in secrecy on most of their dealings across the globe and in our own back yards.

They use the excuse, "We're at war, so we can't be as open as we were before 9-11" and quite frankly, "THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

If National Security was the goal then step one would have been to close the borders and start evicting the illegals, and that has NEVER been part of the plan.
Our Manufacturing jobs have been sent over seas and the only jobs left here don't pay shit, and what keeps the numbers even is all the illegals who come over to take those shit paying jobs...These are facts, people, not conspiracy.

His fathers NAFTA deal failed within two years and nobody has stepped up to address the interests of the American Worker...then when George comes in he passes another deal just like it called CAFTA, and he has the nerve to call it "Fair Trade"....and he paid for this by giving everyone the illusion of a tax cut, actually he bought us all off with the tax cut.

Well, i don't know about all you other Conservatives, but I've already lost a hell of a lot more than that tax cut supposedly gave me in relief.

Now, the Patriot Act is about to pass again without the attack on civil liberties being adjusted, or fixed, AS WAS PROMISED 5 YEARS AGO!

I have no respect for Party walking Conservatives who ignore all this stuff while that man sits in front of a camera talking about being born again, and then as soon as the "ON AIR" sign goes out he's mother fucking people and speaking as if he just got out of the Navy, flipping people off, and acting like, and i quote, "A good old boy".

Bravo!!!

Cathedral
03-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Beautiful, Cat!

Now how do we make sure every Republican in the country gets a copy?

Hell, every Democrat for that matter. Fence-sitters too.

Find someone who can write it better then print as many copies as possible and hit the mall parking lots.

Hoofin' it seems the cheapest way.

We can't afford Bush to remain until January of '09...he's got to go ASAP.
There is entirely too much damage he can do between now and then, we need to find a constitutional way to move those elections up a couple of years...A re-call as it were.

Bush needs to be re-called and we need new leadership sooner rather than later.
And simply impeaching him won't do the job that needs done.

Remember, cutting the head off a 7 headed beast leaves 6 more heads on that same beast.

You have to go for the heart to be effective.

diamondD
03-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I think you'd have a better chance and it would be a hell of lot less destructive to the country to let your senators and representatives know your opinion and what issues you have with him. They are the ones worrying about holding on to their offices, not Bush. They can keep him in check until the next election, if they know it means their ass if they don't.

You honestly want Cheney, or a possible unknown, to run this country?

ODShowtime
03-04-2006, 03:37 PM
nice one Cat

Cathedral
03-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
I think you'd have a better chance and it would be a hell of lot less destructive to the country to let your senators and representatives know your opinion and what issues you have with him. They are the ones worrying about holding on to their offices, not Bush. They can keep him in check until the next election, if they know it means their ass if they don't.

You honestly want Cheney, or a possible unknown, to run this country?

No, i don't want an unknown running anything, and if the entire Administration is re-called then Cheney won't be running things either.

But in my opinion, NOT doing something now will do far more damage than a change in the guard will cause.

I'm all for letting our Reps know how we feel, but i'm not interested in giving them any wiggle room in the process.
Here in Ohio the reps have a track record of going against the will of the people and those who engaged in that recently are coming up for re-election and they will be voted out for their ignorance.

The rich have called the shots for too long, and it's time that the masses who outnumber them speak up and be heard.

To do this is what Democracy is all about, because if the government isn't of the people, by the people and for the people, as this one most certainly is not, then the damage is far worse than you can imagine already.

The game is different and the rules have changed. if you want your best interests looked after then you have to look after them yourselves.
And anyone who still thinks Bush is working for them is an idiot, the facts don't lie and they leave a trail only Satan can be proud of.

One of the many things that has brought me to this conclusion is talking with some very devoted christians who still swallow the garbage Bush spews. they don't see what I see because they don't go places I go where it is transparent.
For instance, in discussion I mention things about certain issues that they cannot grasp, though I know it to be fact they have no clue what i'm talking about.
But just as soon as I begin to paint Bush as who he is and what he is really doing, they give me the old, "Well, I don't concern myself with all that, it's in Gods hands".

It leaves me speechless...

The amount of ignorance displayed by the Christian Right is dumbfounding. they are truly a flock of sheep flirting with pigs leading them to the cliff.
When they get there, the sheep will be told to jump....and they will.

This can happen overnight, our society can crumble to nothing OVERNIGHT...so yes, there is an urgency to remove Bush as he is a chosen one, just not chosen by who some people think he is chosen by.

He isn't the anti-christ, but he can be viewed as a tool of Satan sent to decieve, and his actions on record seem to support that conclusion.

Little Texan
03-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Couldn't have said it better myself...great post! I'm in 100% agreement on every point you brought up.

Nitro Express
03-04-2006, 04:46 PM
We desperately need a third party made of people from both the Democratic Party and Republican Party. Really. Many Republicans and Democrats have the same values but they choose one party over the other because they can't side with the exremists in the other party.

I know religiouse conservative Democrats who aren't Republican because they don't believe in hunting and I know Republicans who hate the extreme religiouse right because they can't stand radicle environmentalism.

What many people want is a govt. of the people instead of special intrest groups and wacko extreamists. We want the minimal amount of govt. needed and we want to keep our hard earned money to spend on ourselves because we worked for it. Oh yeah, it would be nice to keep our jobs so we can make money and oh yeah, it would be nice to have some fiscal management to keep our money from becoming worthless through inflation.

What we have in govt. is politicians for sale to the highest bidder. No president has been so obviouse on this as Bush. Bush tells Congress and the voting public to "Fuck Off!" we are going to do what we want. Well, he can do that. He's in his second term and his vice president obviousely isn't going to run. So what are they doing? Using the time they have left to enrich themselves abusing the office.

Bush and Chenney will go but they will leave huge and I mean HUGE problems for the next president to fix. What the voting public in the United States has to learn is we need to shake up our political system. Both the Democratic and Republican parties have been bought by a few people and they are using us as voters. We need new fresh political parties with votes behind them. We can't afford to have the same business as usual with the Republicans and Democrats.

Nitro Express
03-04-2006, 04:55 PM

Someone should make billboards and posters of Bush flipping the camera off and put them next to the church's that elected him. He's like Orin Hatch. A hugely corrupt career Senator from Utah but those dumb Mormons keep putting him back into office.

Warham
03-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey Cat,

Tell us what you really think.

Actually, I'd like to hear your views on liberals, if you've got the time.

:)

Hardrock69
03-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Huh? :confused:

I posted this 9 hours before you did.

If it were the other way around, you would be telling me the same thing.

Close this thread.

LoungeMachine
03-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I posted this 9 hours before you did.

If it were the other way around, you would be telling me the same thing.

Close this thread.

Not to speak for FORD, but..........

Closing dupes shouldn't JUST revolve around which thread started first.

Nicky and I are famous for starting the same threads minutes apart from each other. For whatever reason some dupes attract more conversation, and diiferent momentum than the originals, and CONTENT should be the determining factor.

It's not an ego/ pissing match. You don't get free shower dances for starting the most threads. This isn't FORD being Mr. Censorship.

Let it go, and keep bringing the great threads/posts as usual.

We have bigger things to fight about than who's thread gets closed.

That being said, why the fuck we can't meld threads together in some way is beyond me.

FORD
03-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't know how I missed Hardrock's original thread, but I apologize for doing so. Obviously that's not like me to do that.

However, THIS thread has taken on entirely a life of its own for a number of reasons, not the least of which is one of the greatest posts ever written in the Front Line, courtesy of Cathedral.

And I'd get Chimpeached myself if I dared to close this thread after that.

And yes, we need the goddamned merge function on this board, for exactly this kind of situation. The next time Icon manages to escape Bill Gates State Penitentiary long enough to visit the board, remind me to bring that up.......

Warham
03-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Not to speak for FORD, but..........

Closing dupes shouldn't JUST revolve around which thread started first.

Nicky and I are famous for starting the same threads minutes apart from each other. For whatever reason some dupes attract more conversation, and diiferent momentum than the originals, and CONTENT should be the determining factor.

It's not an ego/ pissing match. You don't get free shower dances for starting the most threads. This isn't FORD being Mr. Censorship.

Let it go, and keep bringing the great threads/posts as usual.

We have bigger things to fight about than who's thread gets closed.

That being said, why the fuck we can't meld threads together in some way is beyond me.

This forum software appears to be three years old. There IS probably a merge function in newer versions. It's standard fare on alot of the newer message boards.

FORD
03-05-2006, 01:45 PM
This forum software appears to be three years old. There IS probably a merge function in newer versions. It's standard fare on alot of the newer message boards.

It was probably an option on this one as well, but Sarge chose not to install it, due to prior mishaps where threads had been merged too late, which caused the posts to appear in the merged thread in an order that destroyed the coherency of the merged thread.

Obviously there would have to be an unwritten "common sense" rule on the usage of the merge if it were enabled. Meaning that one of the threads would have to have a minimal number of posts, and something worth saving in the smaller of the two threads.

Fortunately, in this particular case, Hardrock already added a post to his version of the thread which allowed it to stand on its own. So I just performed a little plastic surgery with the tools that are available, and it became "The Case for Chimpeachment".

Hardrock69
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Man...what a mangled mess!
:eek:

Hey FORD, I was just doing what you do to me....how many times have I posted a dupe thread and you have closed it?
;)

Cathedral
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Cat,

Tell us what you really think.

Actually, I'd like to hear your views on liberals, if you've got the time.

:)

I've got the time, it only takes a minute, lol.

I hate the liberal mindset, I don't respect what they stand for and i think their agenda is for a socialist society. I view them as communist clowns who aren't honest with the people about their platform and i believe they aren't honest with themselves in that respect either.

However, Bush Republicans aren't any better since they drove the party so far to the right, i can't back them either.
Bush has taken this country into areas I don't believe he is qualified to be taking us. he's arrogant, he's pompus, and by his actions I consider him a false christian...As i stated in my first post, he's untrustworthy.
Do i consider him to be a Hitler type?
No, I don't, I think that is an extreme comparison to be making, but it isn't completely far fetched since Hitler actually started off in the right direction, he just took a severe turn off course and into insanity that caused over 50 million deaths.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

As insignificant as it is, Mezro is an example of that. One day he was just a member and the next he was a Webbie and he instantly started ordering people around and playing stupid, childish games with good people.
And this was just a website, apply that to a position of political power and you have George W.Bush.
I supported him in the beginning, he said what everyone wanted to hear and he got the support to get the job be it by votes or Supreme Court appointment...He became the President.

He did some good things in the first term, he came across as a man of faith and Godly priciples. but as i look back on it he was merely positioning himself for re-election so he could spend the next term on his true agenda, one that is NOT of God and NOT what this country needs.

I've listed all the issues I have with Bush in my first post, and the fact that i see so many so-called Christians supporting a war is unbelievable to me...even more so that I was one of them.

Not anymore, and i pray that God forgives me for being blind to the reality that so many still refuse to see even with all the evidence before them...

Something else i also see is a difference between Democrats and Liberal Democrats.

Liberal Democrats want it all their way, the simple Democrats are more centered and fair about their vision, we can work with them.

It's like a centipede, Warham.
We don't just have two party's, we actually have 4 now.
We have the Left, then the far left...the right, and then the far right.
They just keep growing heads, man.

It is our responsibility to see to it that the far left and the far right cease to exist, they should NEVER be voted into power or we'll all damn sure suffer for it big time.

But voting for the fifth party, the Green Party will do nothing but ensure one or the other wins, so we are in a catch 22 as voters.

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. and another thing, the way we all attack each other with our bias, whatever it may be, is just playing right into their hands.
We stay so focused on what each other thinks that we miss what those behind the closed doors are doing until it's too late.

I'm all for unity, Warham. I don't want the government run my way and I won't stand for it being run their way.
Our strength has always been each other and that is what is missing.

We've allowed our economic strength to be outsourced, meaning our Manufacturing abilities, and to me that screams that our government has NO FAITH in its own people.
And if they had any faith in us they would have seen to it that the Trade deals were actually fair for us, the american workers.
if the government wanted to keep us safe they would close the borders. if the government gavce a damn about us we would keep our noses and our troops off of foreign soil unless THEY request it, and then only for a length of time THEY determine.

That means I think the war on terror is a bust venture right now. The Iragi's aren't standing up for themselves and we need to pull out and let nature take its course.

We are not the World Police, and we have no right to act like it in the self appointed fashion we do.

THAT is why we are hated across the globe, WE are the one's, the ONLY one's who have ever dropped atomic bombs on a country.
Karma would suggest that our payback for killing so many innocent people is due to come around right back to us.

In that sense, you can compare it to Hitler because he got what was coming to him and sooner or later, So will america if we don't make a serious change in our foreign policy.

It may start in our own streets if our domestic policies don't change as well.
I know i'm tired of playing by rules that change to benefit the Corporations and basically pisses on the poorest in our society.
The rich are outnumbered in this country, yet they call all the shots?

Bullshit, it's time that the US Government, the entire government as a whole, was accountable to the people it is SUPPOSED to be serving. the way our founding fathers intended it to be.

I sat down with my daughters History books and compared this country today with what it was 200 years ago and you know what?

By definition, it has become a Dictatorship with every single ammendmant that was made to the Constitution.

It was NOT designed to be changed, because if we can just decide to alter it as we go there really was no sense in writing the damn thing in the first place.
In that sense, Bush was half right, the Constitution "HAS" become just a piece of paper.
And it did so by the hands of those we trusted to uphold it.

Doesn't it make sense to you that to uphold something means to protect it from alteration?
Can anyone show me a President since the beginning of the last century that did that?

I don't think so, and Bush has been the worst offender in History.

the Constitution is just a piece of paper?
No, Mr. Bush, YOU'RE just a piece of shit puppet of the Corporations.

I WANT THE ENTIRE BUSH ADMINISTRATION RE-CALLED FOR FAILURE TO UPHOLD ITS OATH TO THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA AND FOR FAILING TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE BY ALL MEANS POSSIBLE!

What he does with the borders is the same as me removing my front door and expecting people not to walk in to see what they can walk out with or kill me to take.

G.W. Bush, like his father, has affected my life negetively and i'm tired of it.
He is not a fiscal Conservative by any stretch and i'm tired of being fiscally responsible so that piece of shit can spend like a kid in a toy store...and all on miltary toys at that.
You don't take away from education and the physically ill to achieve your fucking military agenda.
If they need more funds then the cuts should start in their own bank accoonts. but isn't it funny how they seem to be making more and more money while you and I find it increasingly harder to do the same?

Novenmber is payback time for any Republican who has backed that man in all of this.
Don't be surprised if Ohio doesn't turn Blue later this year, and I clearly see that happening with every nightly news report here.
The sleeping giant Japan spoke of wasn't the government, it was us, the people, and we're going to turn on ourselves to purge Washington of it's traitors, just wait and see.

I've tried, i've tried real hard to ignore all of the bullshit. but brother, I can not ignore another ounce of it and have any self respect.
I cannot ignore any more and not spit on the graves of my family who died for this country and what it USED to stand for.

I just can't do it, and i pray and hope that everyone has eyes to see the truth and not the party line.

Cathedral
03-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't know how I missed Hardrock's original thread, but I apologize for doing so. Obviously that's not like me to do that.

However, THIS thread has taken on entirely a life of its own for a number of reasons, not the least of which is one of the greatest posts ever written in the Front Line, courtesy of Cathedral.

And I'd get Chimpeached myself if I dared to close this thread after that.

And yes, we need the goddamned merge function on this board, for exactly this kind of situation. The next time Icon manages to escape Bill Gates State Penitentiary long enough to visit the board, remind me to bring that up.......

WOW, i appreciate the props, Ford, but i don't think it was the greatest post ever in this forum...It's just a passionate one from a fellow american who loves this country, not what has become of it.

But thanks for not closing it, as i get challenged on my views i'll have much more to add to it, lol.

To hell with labels, it's now become a question of, Do we love our country or not?

If so, it needs us more than ever to join together and fight for it as one.

Little Texan
03-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Bush needs to be impeached, and I hope it happens. I used to support Bush, but he lost me when he started that stupid, unjust war over in Iraq on false pretenses. The fact that he's willing to let the fox take charge of the henhouse regarding the Arabs taking over key ports is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm fed up with this idiot...it is so embarassing, as an American, to have such a fucking moron as our President...he's just so unbelievably stupid it's pathetic, and he keeps proving my point more and more every day he's in office. Bring on the chimpeachment!

I might add to this that I was appalled at how the Bush Administration handled the Katrina disaster re: the slow government response to it...that Bush appointed someone the head of FEMA that had no prior disaster response experience, and that it took a fucking week for aid to arrive to those poor folks in New Orleans that suffered so much and experienced a virtual hell on earth because the government drug its feet getting there. That, alone, is grounds for impeachment, IMO. Also, the fact that Bush has taken a surplus that he inherited from the previous administration, and has proceeded to turn it into a $500+ billion dollar deficit (don't know the exact figure, but it's somewhere in that neighborhood). His economic policies are obviously extremely flawed, along with his foreign policy, and these expensive wars are only making the deficit grow that much bigger each day we're in Iraq and Afghanistan. The money that the government is wasting in Iraq could be better utilized here at home on such things as the Gulf Coast recovery effort, healthcare, education, just to name a few, but these domestic issues which should be priority number one are being overlooked as the Bush Administration's number one priority is their stupid, costly war in Iraq. This country is headed south, fast, and something needs to be done about this corrupt, inept administration, soon, before the damage gets to the point that it's irreversable.