PDA

View Full Version : Recent Michael Anthony Interview

MAX
03-04-2006, 03:24 PM
This guy 'tis Japanese and translated it the best he could but it's still a cool piece of Halen info.

Props to that guy for doing it. :cool:

Link (http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showpost.php?p=564624&postcount=1)

Unchainme
03-04-2006, 03:30 PM
"I always read a fan site of Van Halen, and I pay attention what a fan thinks about."

Michaal Anthony Reading the Army?

Wonder what his reaction would be?

RuzDNailz
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
He had a lot of interesting things to say. What really caught my
interest was when The Bass Player mentioned how it was magical
when they did songs like 'Mean Streets' with Dave in the last time
they performed together. Imagine how WE will feel seeing that again.
3 months. That's all DLR is asking for. Come one VH brothers, it's
not much to ask for. All we want is for CVH to rule once again and
make us feel like the kings we were back then. Light that CVH torch
and wave it in the faces of all Spammy fans. Really show the Sheep
how it's all done!!!

Nitro Express
03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Even Steve Vai said he loves Dave and will appreciate the break he gave him but did say Dave has a huge ego and you have to do it his way to work with him. Steve said he had no problems because Dave was technically his boss but he could see where Dave would butt heads in a band of equals.

Dan
03-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the Link Max.

Coyote
03-04-2006, 04:55 PM
"When we gathered in a studio with Dave first, we played several songs, Hot For Teacher or Mean Street etc. It was a very interesting experience and I thought This is that magic!. And then Dave brought in a tape of Chemical Brothers, and said to play such a music."

So that was why there wasn't a reunion? 'Cause Dave wanted to, shall we say, "upgrade" the sound? Or even, intigrate the 21st century "piledriver" rock sound with a 21st century "disco/pop" beat?

Fuck, I'd buy it. Just make it sound like a snarling, haven't-been-fed-for-a-week pitbull...

Besides, isn't that what they did back then? Polished, but raw rock'n'roll, that had the BeeGees production style coupled with the Sex Pistols attitude.

DrMaddVibe
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Who is Michael Anthony?

bantonelli
03-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
"I always read a fan site of Van Halen, and I pay attention what a fan thinks about."

Michaal Anthony Reading the Army?

Wonder what his reaction would be?

"Geez, I suppose I should realize that the Mullet died before CVH died." Time to head over to SuperCuts.

bantonelli
03-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MAX
This guy 'tis Japanese and translated it the best he could but it's still a cool piece of Halen info.

Props to that guy for doing it. :cool:

Link (http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showpost.php?p=564624&postcount=1)

Thanks for sharing it here...would love to know the rest of the 6 pages worth of interview in english, if it has anything to do with CVH & Dave.

And I agree with EVH that their concert tour is really not the place to promote Spam's colored water where only HE is making the profit from sales. Spam doesn't believe in sharing the wealth.

Rikk
03-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Good read.

Makes me think (more than ever) that this band is deader than Julius Caesar.

John Holmes
03-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Who gives a shit anymore. This band is done.

Dave keeps crying on air and elsewhere how bad he wants a reunion.

Eddie is on meth, alcohol, and good only knows what. He's unable to work.

Alex fucks things up whenever he gets a chance, adding more problems to the mix.

Mikey is nothing more than a hired hand. A shit out of a cow's ass has more hearsay.

The only thing is Dave going on solo. That's the closest thing to Van Halen we'll ever get.

Terry
03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Fuck, CVH trying some industrialized techno-rock for a few tracks would have been better than the swill they churned out with Hagar in 2004. That shit was substandard even in terms of what Van Hagar was capable of doing.

Anthony isn't even of any use now in terms of finding out what's rattling about in the Van Halen brother's heads. Poor fucker only participated in the 2004 reunion because Hagar wanted him there...wow.

I'll tell you, if I had been playing bass with EVH for nearly 30 years, and the dude didn't want me there, I sure as shit wouldn't try to wiggle an invite by slipping in with the bands SECOND singer. I'd tell Ed to go blow it out his ass.

Uncle Rico
03-04-2006, 08:43 PM
I have a better chance of winning POWERBALL than these guys reuniting. This is very very sad.

I think even Mike wants one last go-round with Dave, just for the fans.

Too bad the sisters won't let it happen.

Terry
03-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Mike will play with the band regardless of who is singing.

Seems he's pretty much lucky if EVH lets him participate at all these days (granted, there are all kinds of luck).

Loons The Great
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
"Geez, I suppose I should realize that the Mullet died before CVH died." Time to head over to SuperCuts.

LMAO!!

Julius
03-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Makes me think (more than ever) that this band is deader than Julius Caesar.

I resent that remark.

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Even Steve Vai did say Dave has a huge ego and you have to do it his way to work with him. Steve said he had no problems because Dave was technically his boss but he could see where Dave would butt heads in a band of equals.

No shit.

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
He had a lot of interesting things to say. What really caught my
interest was when The Bass Player mentioned how it was magical
when they did songs like 'Mean Streets' with Dave in the last time
they performed together. Imagine how WE will feel seeing that again.
3 months. That's all DLR is asking for. Come one VH brothers, it's
not much to ask for. All we want is for CVH to rule once again and
make us feel like the kings we were back then. Light that CVH torch
and wave it in the faces of all Spammy fans. Really show the Sheep
how it's all done!!!

dream on big guy

Hardrock69
03-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Julius
I resent that remark.

LAFF MY MOTHERFUCKING ASS OFF!!!

Hail Caesar!

We who are about to fry salute you!
:cool:
:D

Cato
03-05-2006, 04:14 AM
I read it yesterday and realized Michael was totally a fuckin' shameless bitch. she was mentioning his hot sauce on every 3 lines in the rest of the interview. 100% BAKA.

MAX
03-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Cato
I read it yesterday and realized Michael was totally a fuckin' shameless bitch. she was mentioning his hot sauce on every 3 lines in the rest of the interview. 100% BAKA.

Ok so...

Cato San, ;)

You can FULLY DISPELL that the interview was some "hoax?"

RuzDNailz
03-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by vistadelrey
dream on big guy

A dream that shall become reality.

bru87tr
03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
lets see, ed has a problem with sammy right from the start with that reunion. ed has a problem with 3 reunion att with dave.

hhhhmmmm, seems like ed is the problem here.

MA even states ""When we gathered in a studio with Dave first, we played several songs, Hot For Teacher or Mean Street etc. It was a very interesting experience and I thought This is that magic!. And then Dave brought in a tape of Chemical Brothers, and said to play such a music."

so lets see, that kills anything the boys say about saying dave cant sing anymore. magic eh ? well atleast we heard one of them say it. MA is a sammy fan but its obvious he knows where the original band stands!

dave ,dave....I love ya man and I agree you know how to direct the VH machine but ed is a big boy and he is not gonna let you control it. leave the ego behind and try and agree on some stuff. just let the damn reunion happen before you look like the stones!

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by bru87tr
lets see, ed has a problem with sammy right from the start with that reunion. ed has a problem with 3 reunion att with dave.

hhhhmmmm, seems like ed is the problem here.

MA even states ""When we gathered in a studio with Dave first, we played several songs, Hot For Teacher or Mean Street etc. It was a very interesting experience and I thought This is that magic!. And then Dave brought in a tape of Chemical Brothers, and said to play such a music."

so lets see, that kills anything the boys say about saying dave cant sing anymore. magic eh ? well atleast we heard one of them say it. MA is a sammy fan but its obvious he knows where the original band stands!

dave ,dave....I love ya man and I agree you know how to direct the VH machine but ed is a big boy and he is not gonna let you control it. leave the ego behind and try and agree on some stuff. just let the damn reunion happen before you look like the stones!

chemical brothers?
what a laughing stock.
I guarantee you roth and eddie will never work again if this article is factual. based on this stuff which has a ring of truth to it roth is still in some hollywood state of mind.
chemical brothers. LOL
fuckin laugh riot.

bueno bob
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
chemical brothers. LOL
fuckin laugh riot.

Yeah, dude, you're right. Ed's TOTALLY clean and sober.

How is the weather in Vistadelrey land, anyway?

:rolleyes:

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Ok so...

Cato San, ;)

You can FULLY DISPELL that the interview was some "hoax?"

I second that question.

What are you really saying. something substanstial or just petty and shallow insolence which is so common around here.

bueno bob
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I second that question.

What are you really saying. something substanstial or just petty and shallow insolence which is so common around here.

I'll have you know that my "insolence" is as deep as can run...more than petty, it's life DEFINING...

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Yeah, dude, you're right. Ed's TOTALLY clean and sober.

How is the weather in Vistadelrey land, anyway?

:rolleyes:

absolutely gorgeous. pristine. sin mancha.
gracias
y tu

bueno bob
03-05-2006, 11:45 AM
absolutely gorgeous. pristine. sin mancha.
gracias
y tu

Realistic.

lmao

vistadelrey
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
that's great bob.
really special.

Well until this interview is in total english I'm not speculating anymore. ciao mooo cows

bueno bob
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
that's great bob.
really special.

Well until this interview is in total english I'm not speculating anymore. ciao mooo cows

See ya around, sheep. Or as they say in Sheepworld:

"Baaaa".

Your Sheep Pen - Bilingual for your convenience.

OMEGA-MAN
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
A new SHEEP?

Really?:confused:

We'll have to wait & See......

Hardrock69
03-06-2006, 01:25 PM
One thing in that interview...and this has been noticed by blabbermouth.net....

the bass player admitted he did not play bass on the three Best Of Both Worlds" tracks....

If he was a hired gun before, he is REALLY gonna be a musical whore in the future....

Vinnie Velvet
03-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Pretty sad.

I bet even Dave would be upset over how the brothers have treated Mike.

At least Mike has never referred to playing wiht Van HAGAR as 'magic'.

DrMaddVibe
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
bassplayer is hoping someone will care about his useless ass besides McGaygar!

bassplayer has had ample time to go out and thrash the sisters publicly and DIDN'T!

He describes playing with Roth as "magic" because it is and was. Even a dull tool like bassplayer knows it.

Ed wrote most of the bass lines on Fair Warning and it shows.

I wish they would've brought in a suitable bassist to kick Eddie in the chops and make him play stellar every night. Instead we get a paycheck session open E-string thumb strummer!

bru87tr
03-06-2006, 07:23 PM
hey, MA vocals are worth something if you think his bass playing is not.

I wonder if MA would tour with dave if he is out of vh for good. half of VH and MA vocals along with daves is pretty signature. many of rockstars have pointed out publically that MA is a very good singer.

DrMaddVibe
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
No!

bassplayer stepped in on the Sam/Dave tour.

He wouldn't take the stage with Dave, but he got up with Spammy.

If you want to just credit his vocals then NEVER EVER come back here and say he's a bassist.

cdwillis
03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Was there ever a reason given why he only played with Spammy and not Dave on that tour?

DrMaddVibe
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Dave's not gay.

bru87tr
03-09-2006, 08:26 AM
hey moron.....

I never said he was a bassist and never credited only his vocals. my point is he can play bass whether you think its good or not and his vocals helped the VH sound.

now go fuck sammy in the ass, Drsaddhomo!

DLRdelight!
03-10-2006, 01:17 AM
I highly doubt that those remarks will ever be presented in any us magazine, which is quite sad how ed and al dont wanna put things behind them

DrMaddVibe
03-10-2006, 06:47 AM
They're pretty good at falling on top of them though!

vistadelrey
03-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Dave's not gay.

how do know. some say it is so. maybe he just loves cock. fuckin cock lover.

cdwillis
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
how do know. some say it is so. maybe he just loves cock. fuckin cock lover.

Do you think you can smell your own?

DlocRoth
03-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by cdwillis
Was there ever a reason given why he only played with Spammy and not Dave on that tour?

I believe that it was Dave that said no to that. MA woulda done it.

Dave was sayin something about all or nothing.

DavidLeeNatra
03-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
I believe that it was Dave that said no to that. MA woulda done it.

Dave was sayin something about all or nothing.

right!