PDA

View Full Version : President's Easter Message

ELVIS
04-09-2004, 06:10 PM
The Lord is risen indeed…
Luke 24:34

I send greetings to Christians around the world as they gather to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus' life and teachings continue to speak to every generation, and Christians believe his miraculous Resurrection provides hope for the future and offers us the promise of new life.

Through His ministry and sacrifice, Jesus demonstrated God's unconditional love for us. He taught us the importance of helping others and loving our neighbors. His selfless devotion and mercy provide a remarkable example for all of us.

As families and friends gather to enjoy this Easter season, we celebrate God's gift of freedom and His love that conquers death. For those who observe Easter, our faith brings confidence that good will overcome evil and that joy is everlasting. Today, we give thanks for God's many blessings and pray for His peace in the affairs of men.

Laura joins me in sending our best wishes for a happy Easter.

GEORGE W. BUSH

:elvis:

Cathedral
04-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Ok, George........Now lets fix what is going wrong in Iraq before it costs you a second term.
(How I don't know after Kerry's latest dodging session about Iraq)

Iraq needs a military and 400,000 Iraqi Soldiers are siding with the enemy against us because the US led coalition won't allow them to remain in the Iraqi Military.
I have a major problem with that and it's our soldiers who will suffer for this bullshit if it continues...

That is all..............

Cathedral
04-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh, Happy Easter folks........... :)

FORD
04-09-2004, 06:57 PM
For that fucking son of a bitch to even mention the name of Jesus Christ is pure sacriledge.

BigBadBrian
04-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by FORD
For that fucking son of a bitch to even mention the name of Jesus Christ is pure sacriledge.

Judge not!

FORD
04-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Judge not!

He who is without this sin may cast the first stone ;)

Carter is a loser. That's all that needs to be said.

Dr. Love
04-09-2004, 07:46 PM
I dunno why he wants a second term. All Presidents have historically had worse second terms than their first.

FORD
04-09-2004, 07:49 PM
How the Hell could it possibly get worse ? :(

Dr. Love
04-09-2004, 07:51 PM
That was a rhetorical statement. ;)

Jesus Christ
04-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Through His ministry and sacrifice, Jesus demonstrated God's unconditional love for us. He taught us the importance of helping others and loving our neighbors. His selfless devotion and mercy provide a remarkable example for all of us.

If only the Son of Bush would live by My example instead of just mentioning it once a year :(

Ally_Kat
04-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD
He who is without this sin may cast the first stone ;)

Jesus is walking with a crowd of believers one day down the main road. On their way to get something to eat, they pass another small group who reach down to pick up stones while shouting at a young lady. Jesus taps one in the group on the shoulder and asks what's going on. The man replies that the young lady had done many wrong things and needed to be punished. Jesus lifts his arms and yellsfor the crowd's attention, telling them that he with no sin shall be allowed to cast the first stone. A small voice from the back rose up and shouted, "Damnit Jesus! You always want to go first."

Jesus Christ
04-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Jesus is walking with a crowd of believers one day down the main road. On their way to get something to eat, they pass another small group who reach down to pick up stones while shouting at a young lady. Jesus taps one in the group on the shoulder and asks what's going on. The man replies that the young lady had done many wrong things and needed to be punished. Jesus lifts his arms and yellsfor the crowd's attention, telling them that he with no sin shall be allowed to cast the first stone. A small voice from the back rose up and shouted, "Damnit Jesus! You always want to go first."

That was Judas. He always wanted to throw the stones after Me. Never did realize that My whole point was to not throw the stones at all, but to save My children from sin. :(

Ally_Kat
04-10-2004, 03:26 AM
I never thought anyone could kill that joke. You did :(

Jesus Christ
04-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I never thought anyone could kill that joke. You did :(

Worry not, My child. The joke shall rise again on the third day. :)