• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

North Korea says standoff with US at "brink of nuclear war"

Friday April 9, 2004

North Korea said Friday the standoff over its atomic ambitions was on the brink of nuclear war as US Vice President Dick Cheney headed to the region for talks with key Asian allies.

The Stalinist state's official news agency accused Washington of "driving the military situation on the Korean peninsula to the brink of a nuclear war" with plans for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.

Cheney is expected in Tokyo on Saturday on the first leg of an Asian tour that also takes him to China and South Korea.

North Korea described six-party talks held in Beijing in February as "fruitless," their harshest assessment so far of the meeting that brought together the two Koreas, China, Japan, Russia and the United States.

"The US demand that the DPRK (North Korea) scrap its nuclear programme first is the main obstacle in the way of solving the nuclear issue between the DPRK and the US," the Korean Central News Agency said in a commentary.

"It is a well-known fact that the second round of the six-way talks held in Beijing last February proved fruitless due to the US demand that the DPRK dismantle its nuclear program first."

Washington is demanding the complete, verifiable, and irreversible dismantling of North Korea's nuclear prorgammes, both plutonium and enriched uranium schemes, before it will offer concessions to the impoverished state.

Pyongyang denies having a uranium programme and has said it will freeze its plutonium weapons programme in return for simultaneous rewards from Washington.

A new round of six-party talks is expected before the end of June while working parties are supposed to be set up to resolve address contentious issues.

South Korea's foreign ministry said all participating countries were ready for working level talks apart from North korea, which has yet to give the go ahead.

In the commentary the North Korean news agency said Pyongyang had no choice but to boost its nuclear weapons drive in the face of US intransigence and its "moves to put the strategy of pre-emptive nuclear attack into practice."

Cheney's trip to Asia has been overshadowed by the deteriorating security situation in Iraq where insurgents are threatening to kill three Japanese hostages unless Tokyo pulls out troops from the war-torn region.

Seven South Koreans were released earlier Friday after also falling into the hands of insurgents.

• Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Ya know what?
    If that country wants to end life on earth by going head on into a Nuclear War then stop yappin and push the button......

I have had it with this kind of talk and personally don't give a rats ass if man kind wants to destroy the planet or not....I will fear nothing and nobody on this earth and if it's time to die I stand ready willing and able to make the journey.

It's just another empty threat and they will learn later rather than sooner that we are not intimidated by such threats.
    If they do start launching, we'll start launching, then other countries that are Nuclear Equipped will start launching in a use it or lose it strategy..........Nice knowing you all...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If just the words "pre-emptive nuclear attack" don't illustrate how completely out of control the PNAC'ers are, then you are completely braindead.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Come What May.........All the bitching in the world won't stop the inevitable from happening.

If North Korea is bound and determined to start a Nuke War, they will do it no matter what.
        My opinion means nothing to anyone in charge, and neither does anyone elses here on this board or in this entire world...

We are pawns in the biggest game of chess in world history.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Relax everyone. Kim Il fuckwad is just puffing his chest again. Number one, under the best estimates, the Clinton admin only gave them enough technology and know how to lob one or two nukes into California (And I might be willing to take the hit...). We've got enough nukes to make the entire Korean Penninsula uninhabitable for 10,000 years.

The lesson should be learned (again) from Saddam. These piss-ant dictators talk a bunch of shit, but always end up as cowards when it comes to "go time". Kim Il fucknut doesn't want to die any more than Saddam did.

Other than that, a preemtive nucular strike would fit the bill just fine...

Comment

• Viking
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

As far back as '97, I remember that the Pentagon's #1 concern was this Yellow Menace. They've got shit buried so deep under mountains, our spy satellites can't even tell what it is. And both sides know it.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
              Relax everyone. Kim Il fuckwad is just puffing his chest again.
              Yep. This usually means he wants a new deal for more wheat. His people are starving.
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Viking
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Let them eat grass.

Oh, wait - they are.

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Viking
                  Let them eat grass.

Oh, wait - they are.
                  Poor anemic vegans.......

Comment

• lucky wilbury

i'll belive they have a nuke when they actually test one.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I'm not worried, If the whole damn world wants a Nuke War....Lets give them a fucking Nuke War...

I've lived, I've Loved, I've Lost, I've Reproduced, I've no regrets and all i ask for is a direct hit in my backyard so i don't have to go through a painful death as a mutant coughing up my intestines...

Actually, that would be a time to seriously consider eating a bullet...

I say we dare the mother fucker to try it and then show the fucking slant-eyed bastards what a Nuke will actually do to them....

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired......................

Comment

• steve
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2004

What is South Korea now...the world's 8th or 9th largest economy? The 2nd largest steel producer?

If you had a nuke war - even a "short and over" one - on the Korean penninsula, the worldwide repercussions - militarily, politically, ECONOMICALLY - would last for more than a decade.

It would make 911 and the whole Iraq thing look like a gnat turd.

In the event that things "appear" to go back to normal quickly, you have an even scarier proposition - that of acceptance of brief nuclear conflict...which would slow the pace of worldwide economic expansion to glacial speed.

S. Korea and N Korea comprimise about the same area as Virginia and West Virginia...hell, similar geography too. Only difference is, instead of around 10 million people, you've got 70 million in the same square footage.
                        Last edited by steve; 04-12-2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I going to start calling you 'FIGS' Steve!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2004

I wear a North Korean flag badge.

Perfect for pissing off American tourists here!
                            http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                              Perfect for pissing off American tourists here!
                              Now, why in the world would you want to do that? BUWAHAHAHA!!!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...