X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Ford Is Aol Bce?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Moveon.bitch could have greater difficulties in the future...while stopping spammers. I'm waiting for the bad part...

E-mail delivery 'tax' criticised
    Plans to charge to deliver e-mail have come under fire from non-profit groups who said it could cripple fundraising.

Net giant AOL is introducing the charges to stop spammers as those who pay will bypass junk mail filters.

More than fifty groups including Oxfam America, Gun Owners of America and the AFL-CIO trade union have banded together to condemn the charging plan.

In a concession to the groups, AOL has said non-profit organisations will be exempt from the charges.

In February AOL announced it was working with tech firm Goodmail to set up the certified e-mail charging plan for those that send millions of messages.

For small fees ranging from 0.25 of a cent to one cent per message, bulk e-mail senders could bypass AOL's junk mail filters and be sure that their messages get delivered to users.

AOL said the plan would reduce the amount of junk mail that people received because spammers were unlikely to pay the high fees required to get their messages to users.

Those that did not pay would have their e-mail treated as normal and risk it getting stuck in junk filters and marked as spam. Yahoo is also planning a similar service.

AOL's move sparked criticism culminating in early March with a group of more than 50 organisations banding together in a campaign to protest about the intention to charge.

The organisations protesting included the Democratic National Committee, The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Friends of the Earth and the MoveOn civic action group.

In an open letter to AOL, the non-profit groups protesting about the charging plan said it was a "threat" to a free and open internet.

Many of the groups in the campaign do much of their fund-raising and awareness work via e-mail and they fear this ability to reach supporters would be damaged by the charging plan.

The letter also warned that AOL was in danger of creating a two-tier internet; that AOL was levying a tax on e-mail and warned it could result in more junk mail for users.

The group said it counted more than 15 million people among its supporters, three million of which were AOL users.

In a late concession to the non-profit protesters, AOL has now said that they would not have to pay to have their messages included in the list of certified e-mail senders whose messages bypass filters.

AOL said it would pay the mailing fees on behalf of the non-profit groups to ensure messages get through.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

AOL has long been rumored to be a CIA operation.

Charlton Heston and Colin Powell have both been on AOL's board of directors.

AOL message boards and chat rooms are filled with the most vile right wing hate speech and liberal viewpoints are often censored.

AOL spied on their users long before the BCE tried to get other Internet providers to do so.

If AOL is not a direct subsidiary of the BCE, they certainly do all they can to support the regime.

Now that being said, I have my doubts about this story. Rumors of "e mail taxes" have existed for as long as the internet itself (or at least the internet as it is now commonly understood. Al Gore's internet, if you will....)

The BBC doesn't usually get their facts wrong, but I'm skeptical about this one.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

free proxy servers..."google" that one!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

FORD, have you ever had AOL? Have you ever been in the chat rooms? Liberal thought was never banned there, and I was on AOL for four LONG years (Sept 1997 till about Jan 2002). You could say just about anything, even sometimes when their 'moderators' were present.

Where do you get this shit from? It IS absolute horseshit. I used to go in their political chat rooms quite often.
        Last edited by Warham; 03-06-2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          FORD, have you ever had AOL? Have you ever been in the chat rooms? Liberal thought was never banned there, and I was on AOL for four LONG years (Sept 1997 till about Jan 2002). You could say just about anything, even sometimes when their 'moderators' were present.

Where do you get this shit from? It IS absolute horseshit. I used to go in their political chat rooms quite often.
          I was with AOL before they were even AOL, back in the 80's when they were a Commodore 64 - based online service named Quantum Link.

And they sucked then too. Lucky if you got online one out of every 100 attempts.

My experience in the chatrooms and boards was in the late 90's when I was arguing that the whole Monica business was simply a smokescreen for the fascist corporatist right wing preparing for a fourth reich style takeover in the year 2000.

My words could be looked up as a prophecy fulfilled, except for the fact that the nazis whined and had my posts deleted within minutes of them being posted.

Guess they didn't like my screen name "TCYD" (short for "Thurston County Young Democrats")
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You're wacky...

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              I was with AOL before they were even AOL, back in the 80's when they were a Commodore 64 - based online service named Quantum Link.

And they sucked then too. Lucky if you got online one out of every 100 attempts.

My experience in the chatrooms and boards was in the late 90's when I was arguing that the whole Monica business was simply a smokescreen for the fascist corporatist right wing preparing for a fourth reich style takeover in the year 2000.

My words could be looked up as a prophecy fulfilled, except for the fact that the nazis whined and had my posts deleted within minutes of them being posted.

Guess they didn't like my screen name "TCYD" (short for "Thurston County Young Democrats")
              I don't believe you knew that Bush was going to win back in 1998. In fact I know you didn't think that. You thought that Al Gore was going to win in 2000. You didn't know W. was going to get a sniff of the Oval Office back then.

As for anybody on the boards, they probably thought your screen name was short for a frozen yogurt company, similar to TCBY.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                You're wacky...
                No. He makes sense.

You on the other hand are many slices short of a loaf.

And a hypocrite as well.

Carry on my wayward son.

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

There'll be peace when you are done
                  lay your weary head to rest
                  don't you cry no more, NO!

Once i rose above the noise and confusuion
                  just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
                  i was soaring ever higher
                  but i flew too high

I think that is quite possibly the most timeless Rock Anthem since meat loafed.

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                    I don't believe you knew that Bush was going to win back in 1998. In fact I know you didn't think that. You thought that Al Gore was going to win in 2000. You didn't know W. was going to get a sniff of the Oval Office back then.

As for anybody on the boards, they probably thought your screen name was short for a frozen yogurt company, similar to TCBY.

You do realize that he also claims to have invented the terms "Van Hagar" and "sheep" too? This claim isn't surprising....
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I feel a troll coming on...

I haven't fucked with AOL in a while.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                        There'll be peace when you are done
                        lay your weary head to rest
                        don't you cry no more, NO!

Once i rose above the noise and confusuion
                        just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
                        i was soaring ever higher
                        but i flew too high

I think that is quite possibly the most timeless Rock Anthem since meat loafed.
                        And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                          You do realize that he also claims to have invented the terms "Van Hagar" and "sheep" too? This claim isn't surprising....

I gotta see THAT post!
                          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

FORD did really invent the word sheep (To Describe Sheep That Is.). Rikk Even gives him credit for it in the Locked and stickied Intro to the Pen Thread. Van Hagar I have serious doubats about however.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              FORD did really invent the word sheep (To Describe Sheep That Is.). Rikk Even gives him credit for it in the Locked and stickied Intro to the Pen Thread. Van Hagar I have serious doubats about however.
                              Van Hagar was coined by Roth himself in his first fly-by interview after Spammy was announced to have joined the band.

He was leaving a club or something and a reporter and his camera man asked what he thought about the announcement that Spammy took his spot and he looked at the camera, didn't even stop walking and said, "Van Hagar"...then he smiled and kept right on walking.

Ford was the first to use the word sheep to describe Van Hagar fans, and it used to ruffle lots of feathers too.
                              The Pasture Dump even banned you for that didn't they, Ford?

And the BCE is all Ford too, he coined that one for sure.

Comment

Working...