PDA

View Full Version : Michael Anthony and Dave

thefive
04-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Always wondered about this.
Since day one Michael and Dave knew that the brothers would stick together. Why didn't Dave and Michael stick together for the power or whatever you want it together. It was always 2vs1 (Eddie and Alex vs Dave) and 1 neutral (Michael). Dave and Michael should have stuck together just to make it even in the power.

Dave should have asked MIke to tour with him at the Sam and Dave tour.

thefive

Panamark
04-10-2004, 03:10 AM
Dave does nothing Half Assed.

tjvhou812
04-10-2004, 03:16 AM
dave knows mike is where the coin is

thefive
04-10-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dave does nothing Half Assed.

Detail that out please.
thanks
thefive

thefive
04-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
dave knows mike is where the coin is

What does that mean?

thefive

DavidLeeNatra
04-10-2004, 03:37 AM
I guess dave doesn't even know his name as he always refers to "the bass player" :D

thebuldawg
04-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I don't think that Mike would have, since he seems to be pretty tight in the sister's orbit. He probably realized that no one else would take to his sub-standard bass playing.

Antman
04-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Mike knows where his bread is buttered and even if he toured with Dave or joined his band, he would still be low man. Plus Mike and Sammy are butt buddies. Not to mention the fact that Mike has said on numerous occasions that he didn't want to tour with Dave. He said this in 86 and 96 as well. Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass.

Golden AWe
04-10-2004, 01:51 PM
I bet in the sports class MA was always the odd man out...you know the last guy to be chosen when it was basketball time etc.

azcrdnal
04-10-2004, 02:31 PM
mike is a follower always has been. he didn't talk to sam for a long time after the split.then after a while he got ed's blessing to talk to him then fat mike and fat sam fell in love. hell at the phoenix show i was told they made love back stage.

Switch84
04-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Antman
. Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass. [/B]

:lol: Holy shit, dude! That blast has me laughing like a mofo! I feel ya on that yella-bellied subject...Mikey is a yes man, pure and simple.

azcrdnal
04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:lol: Holy shit, dude! That blast has me laughing like a mofo! I feel ya on that yella-bellied subject...Mikey is a yes man, pure and simple. yes he is

thebuldawg
04-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Antman
Fuck his fat, roly poly, hot sauce eating, iced tea in a JD bottle drinkin, Hair Club for Men, spaghetti stained tee shirt wearin ass.

LOL! No, really. Tell us how you really feel.

DaveIsKing
04-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey, hey...think about it. His whole career depends on his bootlickin'...

Who the fuck is gonna pick up "Michael Fuckin' Anthony" ??

Without Van Halen or Van Horseshit (Spammy version)...Michael "Who?" Anthony is another redneck looking for a job.

DAVE IS GOD.

Bullethead #1
04-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by thebuldawg
I don't think that Mike would have, since he seems to be pretty tight in the sister's orbit. He probably realized that no one else would take to his sub-standard bass playing.

You obviously know nothing about Bass playing. And your fuzzy logic that the Van Halen Brothers have some sort of dominion over Michael Anthony doesn't hold water.

The most cliche comments on this board are as follows:

"[insert band member name] is only doing it for the money"

"[insert van halen brother] is only trying to prove something to [insert lead singer]"

" Michael Anthony can't play bass and has to check with [insert band member or lead singer name] before he wipes his ass."

remember it is not required that you post a comment simply because you can..

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 09:26 AM
LOL I always found Mike Anthony to be a very good to great Bass player but also kept in mind that he was expendable. If he left the band people would talk, but only until they realised that the "new guy" can play bass too. :lol: Nothing against Mike personaly, I just find that he's a follower. He goes where he's wanted, not needed. Either with or without Mike classic VH would still be classic VH. Probably better, because we wouldn't have those hellacious fucking stupid screams in between chorus. ;)

L.S.D.
04-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Always wondered about this.
Since day one Michael and Dave knew that the brothers would stick together. Why didn't Dave and Michael stick together for the power or whatever you want it together. It was always 2vs1 (Eddie and Alex vs Dave) and 1 neutral (Michael). Dave and Michael should have stuck together just to make it even in the power.

Dave should have asked MIke to tour with him at the Sam and Dave tour.

thefive

Becasue in case youre dumb ass hasnt noticed, Mike soesnt like DLR and is great friends with Sammy. Go over to the links and read the interview with MA from '98 where he says he really didnt want dlr ever back in the band and thought it was a huge mistake that they let him in for a little bit in '96. In '02 sammy wanted dlr to jam with him and MA, but dlr is a fucking prick who wouldnt have it. If MA was loyal to dlr, hed be in the same shitty position that Roth is. Over.

thebuldawg
04-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullethead #1
You obviously know nothing about Bass playing.

I know enough to know that playing a single note even at a sixteenth time (ala Pouncake) is not what I consider good bass playing.

I also know a few very good bass players that find his playing laughable.

remember it is not required that you post a comment simply because you can..

Hmm, imagine that.

ericgtr
04-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Didn't Mike approach Dave about playing with him some time during their tour? If I recall right, Dave was diplomatic about telling him that it just wasn't the right time, Seems like amicable enough exchange.

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Actualy everyone seems to have the same story, but just wrong. It was the Howard Stern Show, it was Dave in studio and Sam on the phone. Sam said he was using Mike on the tour, and Dave said "yeah, great idea, Id love to jam with him too". It was Mike who wouldn't work with Dave during the Sam and Dave tour. Not the other way around. Mike and Alex have great dislike for Dave. It's well documented. Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.

distortion9
04-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
Becasue in case youre dumb ass hasnt noticed, Mike soesnt like DLR and is great friends with Sammy. Go over to the links and read the interview with MA from '98 where he says he really didnt want dlr ever back in the band and thought it was a huge mistake that they let him in for a little bit in '96. In '02 sammy wanted dlr to jam with him and MA, but dlr is a fucking prick who wouldnt have it. If MA was loyal to dlr, hed be in the same shitty position that Roth is. Over.

"Becasue", "youre", "soesnt", "hed".

You might want to watch who you call "dumb ass", stupid....lmao.

Bullethead #1
04-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I know enough to know that playing a single note even at a sixteenth time (ala Pouncake) is not what I consider good bass playing.

Now i understand. Playing more than one note = great bass playing. Of course... It's so simple...

No wonder your geek friends making "Science Rock" in their basement are laughing.

ELVIS
04-12-2004, 02:57 PM
This thread is stupid and full of nonsense...

Antman
04-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Mike actually said that he was watching Dave's band and couldn't believe how good they were. I also believe at the time Mike was open to jamming with Mike. Maybe Mike was just being diplomatic knowing that this wouldn't happen and it didn't. I'll bet it sold some more tix though.

thefive
04-12-2004, 03:40 PM

Damn dude your dumb. I aint even going to answer your post sentence by sentence. Why would Michael ANTHONY jam with THE ATOMIC PUNKS 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And with Sam he probably jammed because Sam asked him too and I think I read in an interview on Sam's website or the internet that Sam's motive for doing the Sam and Dave tour is weave his poodle head back into the band.

And concentrate on my first paragraph and maybe answer it.

thefive

L.S.D.
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Actualy everyone seems to have the same story, but just wrong. It was the Howard Stern Show, it was Dave in studio and Sam on the phone. Sam said he was using Mike on the tour, and Dave said "yeah, great idea, Id love to jam with him too". It was Mike who wouldn't work with Dave during the Sam and Dave tour. Not the other way around. Mike and Alex have great dislike for Dave. It's well documented. Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.

Actually youre wrong. On the Vh-1 Special from a year ago both sammy and mike said that they invited dave out for a jam session and dave wouldnt do it.

thebuldawg
04-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullethead #1
..."Science Rock"...

Uh-huh. Did you come up with that all on on your own or did you need help?

BTW, do you even know what a bass is?

thefive
04-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Whereas Dave is willing and open to work with anyone. Including people he doesn't like. Just as long as good music is produced. For all you pro Spermmy fans, that is called professionalism, instead of swallowing jizz like Sam does on a regular basis, Dave finds it easier to swallow pride. As much as Edward is messed up. (drugs/alcohol) Mike and Alex are way beyond approach. They are the VH cancer.

All the bands that stay together look at this as a business. They don't take the personal arguments home with them. He called me stupid , he said this about me, on and on and on. Cry babies.

And your right Big Troubles its called profesionalism.

thefive

L.S.D.
04-12-2004, 04:07 PM
All the bands that stay together look at this as a business. They don't take the personal arguments home with them. He called me stupid , he said this about me, on and on and on. Cry babies.

And your right Big Troubles its called profesionalism.

thefive

Are you guys serious, it is well documented that dlr wouldnt have anything to do with sammy on that tour. Sammy invited him out or said Ill come out and we can give the fans a good show, and dlr said no. You call that professionalism? What do you all do for a living, I m just wondering.....

thefive
04-12-2004, 04:27 PM
L.S.D why do you think Michael Anthony jammed with a tribute band that only does Roth era vh?

We all know why he did it with Sam. Sam asked him too. The atomic punks did not ask Mike.

Answer the question.

thefive

L.S.D.
04-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Because he is a member of Van Halen and loves all the band's music. And dont tellme its because of dlr blah,blah, blah. My friends met MA in a hotel bar in '98 and he told them his favorite version of the band was with Hagar.

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Actually youre wrong. On the Vh-1 Special from a year ago both sammy and mike said that they invited dave out for a jam session and dave wouldnt do it.

WTF are you talking about? I read your reply to mine, but yet the words not mixed in the proper syntax still makes as much sense as you sleeping with the opposite sex. I said Mike has a disdain for Dave. Not vice versa. Dave mentioned to Sam on The Howard Stern Show get rid of Mona or whoever that bass playing bitch is and bring Mike out for us ALL to work with. It was Mike that said NO. Dont pretend to know what you are talking about. Your posts have gone from frustrating to monotonous to boring and now laughable. You obviously dont know what your talking about and it's getting embarassing for you. Even for a cum guzzling fan of Sperrmy's such as yourself. So do us a favour smart guy; read. Thats it. Just read. and in a few short years you will be able to keep up the day to day events that we've come to discuss here in the army.

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Because he is a member of Van Halen and loves all the band's music. And dont tellme its because of dlr blah,blah, blah. My friends met MA in a hotel bar in '98 and he told them his favorite version of the band was with Hagar.

Now I know your full of shit. The drizzling kind no doubt. As if you even have friends. and if you had even just 1, why in the fucking world would Mike A. talk to anyone about anything regarding VH or any other band with a complete zero? Please tell me. Mike A in a bar sounds right though...

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
This thread is stupid and full of nonsense...

yes. :D

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Are you guys serious, it is well documented that dlr wouldnt have anything to do with sammy on that tour. Sammy invited him out or said Ill come out and we can give the fans a good show, and dlr said no. You call that professionalism? What do you all do for a living, I m just wondering.....

of course dave wanted nothing to do with sammy. who the fuck are we kidding here. dave wanted to party and sing and give the audience a good time. and judging by most reviews Ive read he did. Sam went out and sang his gay song to the delight of the very few in attendance that wanted to sit through that bullshit. Dave wanted nothing to do with Sam, because sam is shit, and shit attracts flies idiot. Like dave wants to associate with shit. Give me a break.
BTW, not that it's your business, but I run a modest landscaping co. with an intake of over $165,000 a year with 17 employees and 8 government contracts. I own 2 pick up trucks, both Dodge and both 2002's. I also tinker with my 1969 ray. Married with 2 kids living in a 4 bedroom, two bathroom wrap around, with a granny suite home, worth over $265,000. Im thinking of retiring in 12 years at the age of 44 so we can travel the world. Now...LSD. What do you do for a living? indulge away.

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:14 PM
I hate to come across as a braggart, but god damn Im proud of what i accomplished early. So when some punk ass mentally challenged Spermmy lover calls me out..."Well, Mother Fucker. I'll show you mine, but you better pray yours hits the fucking ground when you show off yours!" Since everything always amounts to a dick measuring contest with these feeble minded kids. LOL

Mr Grimsdale
04-12-2004, 05:17 PM
PIGS IN KNICKERS!

thebuldawg
04-12-2004, 05:19 PM
I hate to come across as a braggart, but god damn Im proud of what i accomplished early.

I wouldn't worry about it, bro. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what sort of feble reply is coming.

Mr Grimsdale
04-12-2004, 05:26 PM
PIGS IN KNICKERS!

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
PIGS IN KNICKERS!

I took my knickers off 6 posts ago! ;)

MAX
04-12-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what sort of feble reply is coming.

LSD is going to say that he's on Forbes top 100 list and married to a supermodel. :p :rolleyes:

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 06:23 PM
:lol: true enough. being the internet Im surprised he hasn't said he was was DLR himself. Actualy, dont we already have a flunky doing that now? :D

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MAX
LSD is going to say that he's on Forbes top 100 list and married to a supermodel. :p :rolleyes:

I didn't know his mother was a model...

big troubles, no need to make little wiener's inferiority complex any bigger...don't show no dick!!! he's annoying enough...

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
and to get back to the topic...dave just doesn't jam...he has a different philosophy of professionalism...his show is planned and practised. he's not in improvisation on stage except if he has to...period

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
I dunno I was always under the impression that Dave was best served up with improve. He's at his best when not rehearsed. When I say "jam" I literally just mean rock n roll/party. Nothing serious. Just having fun and making music.

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
I dunno I was always under the impression that Dave was best served up with improve. He's at his best when not rehearsed. When I say "jam" I literally just mean rock n roll/party. Nothing serious. Just having fun and making music.

that's not dave...he literarly said in an interview "I don't jam"...and if you think he's best when he's not rehearsed he's got you...he is that good rehearsed that you can't see it anymore...highest form of perfection...to make it look spontanious even if it's well trained...that's dave's style...

Big Troubles
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
cool. something else to love about my idol.

:bananna:

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 07:20 PM
yes sir...

Bill Lumbergh
04-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Who gives a flying fuck what Michael Anthony has to say anyway. The guy hasnt had an original opinion, or remotely interesting thing to say in over 25 years. The guy has to get permission from the sisters to take a shit. It's funny how he has the balls to say how he doesnt want Dave back in the band as if he has some kind of say. If Ed and Alex wanted Dave back, Mike would be all for it.

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Who gives a flying fuck what Michael Anthony has to say anyway. The guy hasnt had an original opinion, or remotely interesting thing to say in over 25 years. The guy has to get permission from the sisters to take a shit. It's funny how he has the balls to say how he doesnt want Dave back in the band as if he has some kind of say. If Ed and Alex wanted Dave back, Mike would be all for it.

amen...

thefive
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM

OH bullshit bullshit bullshit. Thats why Michael Anthony said in interviews that his favorite album is FAIR WARNING. He loves coming home and putting that album on and jamming to it.

thefive

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 07:27 PM
OH bullshit bullshit bullshit. Thats why Michael Anthony said in interviews that his favorite album is FAIR WARNING. He loves coming home and putting that album on and jamming to it.

thefive

maybe because he wasn't allowed to do in the studio... :)

thefive
04-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
maybe because he wasn't allowed to do in the studio... :)

Friggen LOL,
You are probably right. Seriously.

That reminds me when Dave said in his book in the Reunion blues chapter about suggesting to warm up with old vh tunes and then Eddie just getting furious with Dave and saying WE AINT DOING ANY FUCKIN OLD VH TUNES. Maybe someone can find the exact quote Dave said that Ed said.

thefive

DavidLeeNatra
04-12-2004, 07:40 PM
back in these days MA was playing...they were doing the songs live in the studio with just a few dubbings...the overproducing started with 1984 and 5150...

Bill Lumbergh
04-12-2004, 07:44 PM
"No fucking godamn fucking way. We're not going to retrace any fucking old steps. We're not going to do any old songs or anything that even remotely sounds like any old songs. We're going to write a fucking set of songs where it doesnt matter who the fucking singer is or how he fucking sings it, it's just going to be a good fucking song that anybody can sing. We're now going to do anything with any weird lyrics. We're going to do something where the lyrics are the lyrics that anybody could write, and we're going to go from there"

Wow thats one creative individual, isnt it?

thefive
04-12-2004, 07:44 PM
yes. :D

hmmm:D

thefive
04-12-2004, 08:02 PM
WTF are you talking about? I read your reply to mine, but yet the words not mixed in the proper syntax still makes as much sense as you sleeping with the opposite sex. I said Mike has a disdain for Dave. Not vice versa. Dave mentioned to Sam on The Howard Stern Show get rid of Mona or whoever that bass playing bitch is and bring Mike out for us ALL to work with. It was Mike that said NO. Dont pretend to know what you are talking about. Your posts have gone from frustrating to monotonous to boring and now laughable. You obviously dont know what your talking about and it's getting embarassing for you. Even for a cum guzzling fan of Sperrmy's such as yourself. So do us a favour smart guy; read. Thats it. Just read. and in a few short years you will be able to keep up the day to day events that we've come to discuss here in the army.

Dude you are rolling me big time here.:lol: :lol: :rofl:

thefive

thefive
04-12-2004, 08:12 PM
I hate to come across as a braggart, but god damn Im proud of what i accomplished early. So when some punk ass mentally challenged Spermmy lover calls me out..."Well, Mother Fucker. I'll show you mine, but you better pray yours hits the fucking ground when you show off yours!" Since everything always amounts to a dick measuring contest with these feeble minded kids. LOL

Nah you are not bragging bro. You just are answering his question.
You are doing good in life. I am proud of you. I betcha your wife is too.

thefive

thefive
04-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
"No fucking godamn fucking way. We're not going to retrace any fucking old steps. We're not going to do any old songs or anything that even remotely sounds like any old songs. We're going to write a fucking set of songs where it doesnt matter who the fucking singer is or how he fucking sings it, it's just going to be a good fucking song that anybody can sing. We're now going to do anything with any weird lyrics. We're going to do something where the lyrics are the lyrics that anybody could write, and we're going to go from there"

Wow thats one creative individual, isnt it?

Thanks Bill for looking up that quote from the book.
Really appreciate it brother.
thefive

pete
04-12-2004, 10:12 PM

Hmm, imagine that.

that is because you're an idiot. and whoever told you music was an athletic sport makes you look like einstein.

you are laughable.

and a reminder to your mother that her gene pool is sad. (only when she looks at you, that is)

just because you can play a shit load of scales, does not mean it's always appropriate. especially on a rhythym instrument. \

you dumb fuck.

Big Troubles
04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Nah you are not bragging bro. You just are answering his question.
You are doing good in life. I am proud of you. I betcha your wife is too.

thefive

She is and shows her appreciation regularly. ;) sometimes alittle too often actualy. I need cream for my cream...LOL but there are good whores and bad whores. and mine...she's all good! :lol:

Terry
04-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Mike has had just as many unkind words for Dave as the sisters, press-wise.

Probably the weakest part of Roth's current stage work since 1999 has been the backing vocals. Mike Anthony could have helped there. The bass playing for those classic Van halen tunes is pretty negligible in terms of technical ability, but take a good listen to Sheehan wanking all over the classic tunes on the EEAS tour boots and you begin to appreciate Mike for laying back, bass-wise.

Roth himself said of Mike something along the lines of Anthony not being the most visible member of Van Halen, but then again "how many times do you win the big game without him"?

If Roth were limited to only one other member of classic Van Halen to play with as opposed to a full blown reunion, the only other one who is gonna generate anything beyond a novelty factor level of excitement is obviously Eddie, so what would Dave have to gain from playing with only Mike Anthony?

thebuldawg
04-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pete
that is because you're an idiot. and whoever told you music was an athletic sport makes you look like einstein.

you are laughable.

and a reminder to your mother that her gene pool is sad. (only when she looks at you, that is)

just because you can play a shit load of scales, does not mean it's always appropriate. especially on a rhythym instrument. \

you dumb fuck.

Who are you? Bullethead's butt buddy?

Who said anything about scales or music needing to be an athletic sport? His playing is dry, boring, uninspiring, lame...

I could go on but why bother. Have you heard any of his bass solos? They'd put a hyper active child to sleep, not to mention they're so effects laden that they sound like a trash compactor.

Maybe I just have standards that are too high, since those I consider good bass players are the likes of John Entwistle and John Paul Jones. I also consider the bassist for the Presidents of the United States of America to be better and they've only released one album that got any real attention.

It is a true shame that Michael Anthony can only play one bass rhythm and that the rest of the band has to work around him. M.A. is a good bass player in the same way that chewing aluminum foil is a refreshing
spring treat to the fillings in my molars. Delicious.

Er...maybe not...

Besides, you and Butthead missed the whole point in my original post. And that was that M.A. is head and shoulders up the sisters asses, which would keep him form doing anything that would equate to standing up to them.

Also, get a clue. You don't need to start an arguement to try to prove that your limp little peckers are larger than they are. It doesn't work. This arguement is wasting my time and I'm done with it.