PDA

View Full Version : New Mike Anthony Interview...WHOA!

sadaist
03-08-2006, 04:56 PM
After I saw the pic of Ed on Oscar night, I did some web surfing. At Wikipedia, I saw that Mikey gave an interview to a magazine on March 6, 2006. I could not believe what I saw. So, rather than tell you what he said, I have it pasted below. Enjoy!

March 6 2006: An exlusive and revealing Michael Anthony interview appeared in Japanese rock magazine Buurn. Some of the highlights were:

* Eddie Van Halen did not want Anthony to take part in 2004 reunion tour due to performing with Hagar previously.
* Eddie Van Halen had issues with Sammy Hagar selling Cabo Wabo products at Van Halen 2004 shows.
* The band had tried on three occasions to make a record with David Lee Roth.
* During one reunion attempt David Lee Roth wanted the band to play music similar to the Chemical Brothers.
* Anthony did not play bass on any of the three news songs on the Best of Both Worlds compilation.
* The whole band only played together on 3 tracks on the Van Halen 3 album with Eddie Van Halen using a drum machine on Dirty Water Dog.
* Anthony hasnt spoken to Eddie Van Halen since the end of the 2004 tour, though has spoken to Alex Van Halen at Greg Emerson's (Van Halen drum tech) funeral.

Coyote
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
You're a bit late, man...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33655

sadaist
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Geez! It was only a day and a half ago :-) I just saw it and didn't see it here. My bad. Oh well, maybe others missed the 1st thread.