• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

STERN Gives ROTH Some Love

[extract of article]

By Phil Rosenthal of The Chicago Tribune:
    Rover and out: While Shane "Rover" French of Chicago's WCKG-FM 105.9, David Lee Roth in New York and Adam Carolla in Los Angeles are struggling in CBS Radio's attempt to replace Howard Stern, they received an endorsement of sorts from . . . Stern.

"These guys need a chance to build an audience," Stern said in a two-part interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" that concludes Wednesday. "You know they're probably going to need 15 to 20 months to prove whether or not they can develop an audience. But Les [Moonves, the head of CBS Corp., which is suing Stern], guarantee it, will fire these guys and blame them. He won't even give them a chance to get established. . . . You've got to give these guys a chance. . . . They deserve more than two months to be evaluated."

Link
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Yup. Stern is very smart, no doubt. The voice of reason.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Plus, does anyone whink CBS stands a chance in their ridiculous lawsuit?

If CBS fires Roth after ONE FUCKING MONTH they will be the laughing stock of the ENTIRE radio industry.
      I guess you're right...

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson
        Plus, does anyone whink CBS stands a chance in their ridiculous lawsuit?

If CBS fires Roth after ONE FUCKING MONTH they will be the laughing stock of the ENTIRE radio industry.

It's a ridiculous, frivolous lawsuit. They should be ashamed of themselves for even entertaining the idea.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not to mention how CBS is blowing up Stern's show even more by antagonizing him and getting him a lot of press after his show's buzz was beginning to cool.

I wonder if DAVE meant what he said today about working for Sirius at half the money? I wonder if he a Stern has some sort of informal, "if you get fired, call me" thing going...

Comment

• Roy Munson
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Not to mention how CBS is blowing up Stern's show even more by antagonizing him and getting him a lot of press after his show's buzz was beginning to cool.

I wonder if DAVE meant what he said today about working for Sirius at half the money? I wonder if he a Stern has some sort of informal, "if you get fired, call me" thing going...

I wouldn't doubt it. Stern is good peeps and has respect for Roth.

I have thought about this a lot and I think the Stern move to satellite is the beginning of what could be a huge problem for all of terrestrial radio. CBS would have gotten more out of sticking behind Stern and taking on the FCC. Instead, they let the biggest name in radio go to the competition. They hire a guy with tons of potential only to give it 2 months before they decide to start leaking bits to the press that they may end up firing him. This surly would make them look foolish as can be.
            I guess you're right...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's both funny and reassuring that, despite hundreds of million$ of dollars and the future of the radio medium involved, this all comes down to a pissing cuntest between STERN and MOONVES...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

What do expect from a network that keeps brain dead geriatrics on the job (i.e. 60 Minutes) and doesn't recognize that they need to gain an under age 65 audience?!?!

Comment

• Roy Munson
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  What do expect from a network that keeps brain dead geriatrics on the job (i.e. 60 Minutes) and doesn't recognize that they need to gain an under age 65 audience?!?!

We have a winner.
                  I guess you're right...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

In Roths Rant today he mentioned he is a "major fan" of Stern.

Those guys are similar in their approach....basically they are free-wheeling independent thinkers....something the suits at CBS hate with a passion, because they are a bunch of narrow-minded fucktards who envy people who live "outside the box", because they could never be that way.
                    Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-09-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

The more people hate you, the better you're doing.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I would not expect to see DLR at Sirius on Howard's channels. The ONLY way I could see it is if Howard wanted to give a "fuck you" to CBS.

And DLR should beware of the little meeting he mentioned on the air, where they tried to change his show. CBS has proven to be a bunch of cockmasters in trying to sue Howard, and they'll use the meeting with Dave to justify not paying him the rest of his salary. "Dave wouldn't do what we told him to."
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bobgnote
                          Banned
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          I would not expect to see DLR at Sirius on Howard's channels. The ONLY way I could see it is if Howard wanted to give a "fuck you" to CBS.

And DLR should beware of the little meeting he mentioned on the air, where they tried to change his show. CBS has proven to be a bunch of cockmasters in trying to sue Howard, and they'll use the meeting with Dave to justify not paying him the rest of his salary. "Dave wouldn't do what we told him to."
                          They ALL suck, Roth, Stern, CBS, the whole, entire LOT of the 70s-style deadheads and their distorted market-load of pre-Chinese fans. what do YOU comparatively negligent, overconfident media players think you are gonna get funded, by CHINESE-influenced markets?

Roth is a piker waiting for a riff to steal. Stern works where all hoppy-Dave's riffs play, then runs a loopy, media holdup, ad infinitum, not daring to actually LEAD his fans into a viable media unit.

Roth is going down to where he has to actually look at his forum once in awhile if he wants to size up how his free-fall is going, etc. It sucks.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by bobgnote
                            They ALL suck, Roth, Stern, CBS, the whole, entire LOT of the 70s-style deadheads and their distorted market-load of pre-Chinese fans. what do YOU comparatively negligent, overconfident media players think you are gonna get funded, by CHINESE-influenced markets?

Roth is a piker waiting for a riff to steal. Stern works where all hoppy-Dave's riffs play, then runs a loopy, media holdup, ad infinitum, not daring to actually LEAD his fans into a viable media unit.

Roth is going down to where he has to actually look at his forum once in awhile if he wants to size up how his free-fall is going, etc. It sucks.

oooooooooo-kay.......
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...