PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid? Damn Straight.

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 09:02 PM
KOMO NEWS

-
Ken's Commentary: I've Got Good Reason To Be Paranoid

March 8, 2006

By Ken Schram

SEATTLE - Some people think I'm paranoid.

Fine.

I'll fess up to that.

I have good reason to be.

I'm paranoid about a president who feeds our fears of terrorism to push through his mis-named "Patriot Act."

I'm paranoid about a Republican controlled Congress that's desperate for the power to peer into our private lives.

I'm paranoid about a manipulative vice-president killing an effort to investigate domestic spying, and instead trying to appease the masses with a hand-selected panel to "oversee" such surveillance.

I'm paranoid that complacent citizens will just sit on their butts, blindly trusting an administration that hasn't earned it, and doesn't deserve it.

I'm paranoid that misguided conservatives will argue that if I've got nothing to hide, well then, I have nothing to worry about.

I'm paranoid because the Patriot Act is already being expanded to include going after drug dealers.

I'm paranoid that at some point in the not-to-distant future, our children and grandchildren will ask why we didn't do more to preserve the constitutional freedoms that our fathers and grandfathers died to protect.

Damn straight I'm paranoid.

I just don't understand why everyone else isn't.

FORD
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
And once again Schram hits it out of the park.

I don't always agree with the guy, but when he's on, he's ON!

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
exactly.

he's been on a roll lately.

:cool:

Unchainme
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
"Make a Joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry" (My First Thoughts when I hear the word Paranoid.)

I agree with him, I've felt that way the last couple of months about the Patriot Act and how we could be turing into Stalin's Russia or Red China, Scary Shit. Nobody cares about it, Everybody's to bust argueing about Paris Hilton or some stupid shit like that.

Lqskdiver
03-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I'm paranoid because the Patriot Act is already being expanded to include going after drug dealers.

WTF! My guess he is paranoid because after hitting the chronic he's worried someone will take away his stash.

Talk about loser! Get off the pipe, man!

FORD
03-09-2006, 12:06 AM
The BCE only goes after drug dealers because they hate competition.

Lqskdiver
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The BCE only goes after drug dealers because they hate competition.

That was spiteful. My guess is I "hit" a little too close to home.

:smoke2:

FORD
03-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Haven't touched the stuff in the current millenium.

Not to say I wouldn't, as I consider it less harmful than alcohol. Which I don't do much of these days either, for that matter.

Point is to equate marijuana use or even selling with "terrorism" is ludicrous.

Especially when both drug smuggling and terrorism can factually be traced to the Bush Criminal Empire.

This is about the abusive tactics of a fascist regime that considers itself above all laws, the Constitution and otherwise.

sagebrush
03-09-2006, 02:54 AM
As of right now in the U.S. all of us should be worried about something ! THE rights that our fathers and some of us have went to war for are disappearing before our eyes ! Freedom is something we have lived with all of our lives but our freedom is getting cut away a little at a time . If you are a gun owner you should have fear in what tomorrow brings . If you go out of the U.S. you should have fear . We are on the '' eye in the sky '' over 30 times a day , the police can come in your home if they want to just because they think your doing something . You can be stoped in your car just because a cop thinks your driving crazy , you could be doing the 45 in a 50 but the cop said you were driving crazy . We in the states need to take them back ! I only thing i can say about the marines or army,navy ect is what are we fighting for ? I was a marine for 8 years and i never asked why i did as i was told but now i ask why and what are we fighting for ? Are we fighting for freedom ? or oil ? or just to show the rest of the world we can fight ?The president is meant to be for the people but i got to ask is he ?

FORD
03-09-2006, 03:02 AM
And one by one, the Republicans awake from their slumber to find themselves in a real life waking nightmare......

Nitro Express
03-09-2006, 03:19 AM
It always amazed me how nations historically coule be taken over with just a few well organized people. The Nazis were a minority as were the Bolsheveks in Russia. It's all about timing and making your move.

Hitler burned the parlement building in Berlin for his excuse. Sept. 11 was the Bush Administrations excuse. I've never seen an Administration so out of line. Bush makes Nixon look squeaky clean in comparison. The spying Nixon did pales in comparison to the spying Bush is doing.

The sad thing is most Americans have no idea what their Constitiutional rights are and don't call politicians or govt. agencies out when they are being infringed. In the end, people get the govt. they deserve and history is full of evidence that people sell out their rights to a slick huxter that has something good to sell.

Personally, I think Bush will leave office but the Patriot Act leaves the door wide open for abuse. Pretty scary when the govt. can freeze you bank accounts anytime they want. The Patriot Act is the sort of thing that makes people want to stash cash and gold in a secret place and live off the grid. Ironically, is what better way to do that than sell drugs? LOL! If you think about it, the Patriot Act just punishes the honest people as the drug dealers and terrorists flank it by doing cash only transactions or bartering. If they use a computer, they encode everything.

It's the guy paying off a credit card balance or the college student doing a research paper on terrorism who gets flagged.