• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Gripes Of Roth

GRIPES OF ROTH

By JOHN MAINELLI

AFTER disastrous ratings in his first month as Howard Stern's replacement, David Lee Roth has been ordered to overhaul his "Free FM" wakeup show.

The volatile ex-rocker - who debuted in lowly 18th position in Arbitron's unofficial, interim January ratings last week - appears headed for a showdown with CBS management.

"Don't manage me. Don't micromanage me. Don't tell me what to do," Roth told listeners yesterday.

The former Van Halen frontman complained of being told not to play hip-hop music and get rid of his on-air sidekick, Animal.

On the show that follows Roth - JV & Elvis - an unidentified staffer told listeners he encountered a defiant Roth in the hallway after his show.

"Someone said, 'Tom [Chiusano, the station's general manager] would like to see you,' and he just kinda gave this look like there's no way in hell that's going to happen," the staffer recounted.

A CBS Radio spokeswoman said it's normal for execs to finetune personalities: "We are involved with all of our talent in working on their programs."

Meanwhile, Roth was the buzz of the station yesterday.

"I have a feelin' these guys are fightin' because they don't like each other," JV (real name: Jeff Vandergrift) said.

Indeed, Howard Stern told his satellite radio listeners last week that he'd heard Roth and Free FM programmer Mark Chernoff went "chest to chest, almost punching each other out," with Roth upset that his vacation replacements last week were JV & Elvis instead of reruns.

Roth complained yesterday that execs "suggested" he should have a "Robin character or a standup-comedian character" - as in Stern's Robin Quivers and Jackie Martling.

JV, who admitted to past friction with Roth, reported that Roth also said, "I bet they're taking stuff from JV & Elvis."

The pair was a red-hot morning show in San Francisco for several years.

"We're takin' bets on who's gonna win," said JV.

"I think management has a slight lead at this point," said partner Elvis Medina.
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Fuck The Suits....

Comment

• bantonelli
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

....Also, This writer for the NY Post can't seem to get his initial facts straight......."The Volitile EX-ROCKER"..... NOT.

Whether D-RO stays with the Radio Gig or NOT, he'll still be rockin the free world as he has continued to do...where do these journalists get their facts? The CBS Suits? Probably - those old geezers obviously don't listen to ROCK, they stopped listening to music when they stopped playing Perry Como music in the elevators.

The only "EX" description Dave will be is my "Future EX-Husband"
      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Perhaps this writer is the same age at the CBS Suits - which, by now, they must all be "Fossils"....or older than dirt.
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Calderone
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

PAYASOS BLANCOS
          JV AND ELVIS ARE SHITHOLES
          SO ARE THE FUCKIN PAYASOS BLANCOS

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

and Lastly, this fossilized writer is Italian, like me......what a Disgrace to my heritage! I personally ban all Mainelli's.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
              ....Also, This writer for the NY Post can't seem to get his initial facts straight.......
              That's a job requirement when you work for Rupert Murdoch. If you report the facts, you're fired.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

It might have made more sense if the writer listed Artie Lange instead of Jackie, who left he show 5 years ago.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• scottydabodi
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Personally, I want Dave on tour...
                  If you listen to fools
                  The Mob Rules

Comment

• bantonelli
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

And to top it off, the JV & Elvis boys are crying over their obvious envy of ROTH in the morning timeslot they want. These two crybabies are pathetic.

I heard Adam Carolla this morning and he is all time pathetic CBS material. Now, here is a so-called comedian who should be removed from his microphone....his show is slow, much like the pace he talks, and the past few days he has had a "Mascot" gay guy who speaks like Mark Harris (Mr. Martha Raye, who makes frequent guest appearances on Stern)..... this loser "Mascot" idea does nothing but shout Adam Carolla's name over the microphone....that's talent??? Why isn't CBS making a stink about this?

Suggestion: JV, Elvis & the CBS Suits (who probably look like the "Censor Bored in the "Gigolo" Video, holding their hand at their pacemakers while Roth grooves) need tickets to a ROTH concert....give them alittle taste of what TALENT is all about and picking up the pace.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Oops...I spelled Sensor wrong (a slip...sorry)

Comment

Working...