X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Ravens proactive--sign Jamal Lewis AND Mike Anderson

Good day for the Ravens...although their team took a shift...

they started the day signing Anderson, who many figured was a sign that Lewis was gone...perhaps heading to the Broncos...

then Lewis signed a big deal with the Ravens...giving them 2 bruising backs...

but even bigger...2 backs that can share the load...but they lose Chester Taylor...who was that breakaway back that they'll now be lacking...

still...yesterday was a good day for the Ravens...now they can refocus their draft..
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

They signed Trevor Pryce also .. who when healthy is a damn good pass rusher ... dominant at times ... Denver misses him for sure.

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

IMO still need a qb, the starter
      is soft..

EUAS

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
        Commando
        • May 2004

I have to respectfully disagree. Both of these backs in NFL years are old men. Now Anderson and a young pic out of college would have been a smart move. Jamal has made it pretty clear he doe's not want to be in Baltimore. Lewis should have hit the road. But time will tell the tale.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Anderson and Pryce? Good pickups, both will be missed here in Denver.

Class acts, both of them.

Comment

• Mama's Fool
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Jamal Lewis just looked old last year. Maybe it was because of coming off the injury and arrest, but he just looked like a worn out Eddie George clone.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Dude's what...26 years old?

His best years aren't behind him...

He didn't want out...he just wanted a deal...and he got it...

could be a sleeper.

I have no respect for the fucker, but he's still a good back...with many years left on the wheels. PS...he's not an Eddie George clone...he hasn't done it for as long as George did...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Mama's Fool
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

He is 26, but has had six years in the league already. He's been used hard and a lot. He's got a big body, wouldn't surprise me if it was the beginning of him breaking down.

However, I do agree with ya Poj. I just didn't know what to make of him last year.

Chester Taylor looked way better than him at times. I know I wouldn't want a guy on my team if during his contract year he played it easy so he wouldn't get hurt, let alone make it public. Franchise him and trade him.

Comment

Working...