PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Happier since 1972

Jerry Falwell
03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Poll: Republicans Are Happier Than Democrats
Wed Mar 15 2006 10:14:36 ET

The Pew Research Center recently updated a question about happiness that the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago has been asking since 1972.

In every asking of the question, ROLL CALL reports, Republicans have been happier than Democrats.

Republicans tend to be better off than Democrats, and that is one explanation for the happiness gap. But when the researchers controlled for household income, Republicans at all income levels were happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.

Link Here (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1rc.htm)

Really? I could have told you this! :D

Warham
03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Actions speak volumes.

ODShowtime
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
Poll: Republicans Are Happier Than Democrats
Wed Mar 15 2006 10:14:36 ET

The Pew Research Center recently updated a question about happiness that the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago has been asking since 1972.

In every asking of the question, ROLL CALL reports, Republicans have been happier than Democrats.

Republicans tend to be better off than Democrats, and that is one explanation for the happiness gap. But when the researchers controlled for household income, Republicans at all income levels were happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.

Link Here (http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1rc.htm)

Really? I could have told you this! :D

If you're happy about the way things are in this country right now, than obviously it's pretty fuckin easy to please you :rolleyes: Most likely you're very gullible.

FORD
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Biased Republican polls say Republicans are happier.

Gee, who would have thought?

Warham
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
If you're happy about the way things are in this country right now, than obviously it's pretty fuckin easy to please you :rolleyes: Most likely you're very gullible.

Yeah, but this poll goes back to 1972. What's your explanation for that?

Warham
03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Biased Republican polls say Republicans are happier.

Gee, who would have thought?

The Pew Research Center isn't biased, FORD.

FORD
03-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Warham
The Pew Research Center isn't biased, FORD.

Yeah, you don't think FAUX is biased either.

ODShowtime
03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but this poll goes back to 1972. What's your explanation for that?

Most likely skewed statistics. Another repub classic! Without that, you guys would NEVER make budget or be able to show success at anything!

Or maybe it's because repubs enjoy seeing the world go down the toilet on their watch.

Nitro Express
03-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Many Republicans are Christian and the more things go to hell the more excited they get because the rapture and paradise is theirs. I hear it all the time with the religiouse right in my family. What's going on in the Middle East and here is just sighns of the times. So you better repent because Jesus is a coming! LOL!

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Many Republicans are Christian and the more things go to hell the more excited they get because the rapture and paradise is theirs. I hear it all the time with the religiouse right in my family. What's going on in the Middle East and here is just sighns of the times. So you better repent because Jesus is a coming! LOL!

That's just messed up. I'm a Catholic (practicing as much as I can) and I don't see that line at all. Those people are out of touch with reality believeing that crap.

Nitro Express
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
The divid in the United States is religion. One group views abortion as murder and no way should it be legalized. The country has gone to hell because the people have turned their back on God and his commandments. Jesus is coming and the global warming, hurricanes, and other problems are signs of the times.

Then the other side is basically not religiouse or if they are not the flavor of the Christian right. They believe the earth is what you make of it. They are the environmentalist, conservationist types. They are more liberal on things like Gay marriage and have a more of a live and let live attitude.

These two groups hate each other and have split the country down the middle.

I would love to split the US into two parts and give each side their own country and see who prosphers better. It would be an interesting experiment.

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, you don't think FAUX is biased either.

"FAUX" is the answer to CNN.

Nitro Express
03-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Catholosism is a more even keeled religion. But you sure see the second comming excitement in the protestant, evangelical churches. JESUS is COMMING my friend!

Yeah, if you look at high Catholic regions of the country, they tend to vote more Democratic.

FORD
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
"FAUX" is the answer to CNN.

CNN is just as biased as FAUX these days. In the same direction.

Technically, they're worse than FAUX, because they once WERE a reputable news network. But ever since Ted Turner sold them to AOLTimeWarnerCIA the network took a hard right turn. Daryn Kagan is the daughter of a PNAC founder as well as Mush Limpdick's "beard". Can't get much more blatantly conservative than that.

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
The divid in the United States is religion. One group views abortion as murder and no way should it be legalized. The country has gone to hell because the people have turned their back on God and his commandments. Jesus is coming and the global warming, hurricanes, and other problems are signs of the times.

I think you're describing the more extremist position of the far right, but your point is made. I am against abortion when it is unnecassary. The problem being what the determining factor for "unnecassary" would be.

Then the other side is basically not religiouse or if they are not the flavor of the Christian right. They believe the earth is what you make of it. They are the environmentalist, conservationist types. They are more liberal on things like Gay marriage and have a more of a live and let live attitude.

I'm against gay marriage but I like to recycle! :eek:

These two groups hate each other and have split the country down the middle.

I think there is a lot of grey area, too. More than one might expect.

I would love to split the US into two parts and give each side their own country and see who prosphers better. It would be an interesting experiment.

If only Mr. Wizard were still alive.

:D

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Catholosism is a more even keeled religion. But you sure see the second comming excitement in the protestant, evangelical churches. JESUS is COMMING my friend!

Yeah, if you look at high Catholic regions of the country, they tend to vote more Democratic.

Good observation!

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
CNN is just as biased as FAUX these days. In the same direction.

Technically, they're worse than FAUX, because they once WERE a reputable news network. But ever since Ted Turner sold them to AOLTimeWarnerCIA the network took a hard right turn. Daryn Kagan is the daughter of a PNAC founder as well as Mush Limpdick's "beard". Can't get much more blatantly conservative than that.

Disagree.

Although, I will say that I think the reason Fox is so popular is a bit more complex than some think. It has a lot to do with the visual aspect of it more than any ideological slant. Even my Dem friends say this. They like to watch Fox News but they can never put a finger on exactly why. I believe it's the formulaic way that Fox presents the news as well as the on-air talent. I'm saying that all of the on-air talent is great. It's just that they are much more watchable and enttertaining as compared to the bore-a-thons at the "other" channels.

Plus, Fox has a shitload of HOT WOMEN!

Warham
03-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Most likely skewed statistics. Another repub classic! Without that, you guys would NEVER make budget or be able to show success at anything!

Or maybe it's because repubs enjoy seeing the world go down the toilet on their watch.

And your reasoning is 'most likely' bullshit.

floyd95
03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
did bush say god told him to invade iraq?

Warham
Originally posted by floyd95

No. Stop listening to FORD.

Roy Munson

I don't enjoy it. You're not speaking realistically here.

floyd95
03-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Journalist Arnon Regular wrote, in the June 26 edition of Ha'aretz (Israel's most reputable newspaper), that he has minutes of a meeting among top-level Palestinian leaders, including Prime Minister Mahmoud Abas. The minutes are apparently quite detailed, because Regular wrote a long article recounting very specific conversations. The last paragraph of the article reads:

"According to Abbas, Bush said: 'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'"

floyd95
03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
of course it was a translation of a translation...

Warham
03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Ever heard about the story that gets passed around the circle. By the time it comes back around, it doesn't have much in common with the original?

floyd95
03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
yea, the bible...

Warham
03-15-2006, 02:00 PM
yea, the bible...

Poor choice of an example.

FORD
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM

Yes, he did.......

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml)

FORD
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Poor choice of an example.

Actually,, it's a great example.

You're claiming that an eyewitness account of a George Bush Jr speech could be translated wrongly just by going once from Arabic to English. Yet the Bible has 2000 years of such translations. And that's just the New Testament. Much of the Old Testament stuff was as old to the people of Christ's time as the NT is to us.

And surely enough, the Haaretz account of what Chimpy said to Abu Mazen differs slightly from what the BBC account says.

But both accounts confirm that Chimpy said God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

Roy Munson
03-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Disagree.

Although, I will say that I think the reason Fox is so popular is a bit more complex than some think. It has a lot to do with the visual aspect of it more than any ideological slant. Even my Dem friends say this. They like to watch Fox News but they can never put a finger on exactly why. I believe it's the formulaic way that Fox presents the news as well as the on-air talent. I'm saying that all of the on-air talent is great. It's just that they are much more watchable and enttertaining as compared to the bore-a-thons at the "other" channels.

Plus, Fox has a shitload of HOT WOMEN!

See, this is what the women of Fox News do to a guy :D (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/v-echo/story/399823p-338763c.htm)

Host tells of terrifying pursuit

BY BARBARA ROSS and TRACY CONNOR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Cable television and radio personality Monica Crowley leaves Manhattan court yesterday, where she testified that she was stalked by Ronald Martin over the course of nearly a year.

Cable news beauty Monica Crowley faced down her alleged stalker in court yesterday, telling a jury how a lovesick kook haunted her with disturbing e-mails and followed her around town - armed with roses.
"I was horrified, terrified to walk around the city where I live, to think this guy was following me," Crowley said of suspect Ronald Martin, 41, in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Martin, who was arrested almost two years ago, is on trial for tormenting Crowley, a gorgeous blond who has worked for former President Richard Nixon, WABC-AM radio, Fox News and MSNBC.

In a star turn on the witness stand, a black-clad Crowley coolly recounted how, in the course of a year, a few e-mails from a fan escalated into an obsession that left her deathly afraid.

She described how the harassment came to a head in July 2004, when she had to scream for strangers to help after Martin accosted her in the subway.

The 37-year-old conservative broadcaster had just finished her radio show and was on the E-train platform, looking down the tracks when she "felt a hand grab me hard on the forearm."

She spun around and saw the schlub who had been popping up outside her office for months, which had forced her to change her routines and seek police protection.

"Mr. Martin was 2 inches from my face - 2 inches," she said.

"I've got to talk to you," he said.

"You've got to leave me alone," she shot back.

Crowley said she tried to walk around him but he blocked the way, so she began yelling out, "This guy has been stalking me!" until he ran.

"I was shaking in fear," she said.

Crowley's first encounter with Martin wasn't face to face. It happened in August 2003 when he sent the first of nearly 500 e-mails - most of which have been lost - to her office.

"Gradually, those e-mails became more and more bizarre, more and more obsessive ... to the point where it frightened me," she said. "He was messaging me that he couldn't stop thinking about me."

By January 2004, she was getting up to five messages a day, and she started to notice the same face lurking outside her WABC and Fox News offices, sometimes behind bushes.

Soon, the mystery man introduced himself and was begging to speak with her. He started appearing with a rose, pleading, "I just want to give this to you."

Crowley saw the stalker at random places around the city, and she changed the times she left for work, to no avail.

One night in April, she said, Martin rushed through Fox's doors, screaming "Monica!" until guards pushed him out.

Another evening, she was anchoring at a street-level studio and was aghast to spot his reflection in the TelePrompTer.

Guards at the buildings where she worked were alerted, but by mid-April, Crowley was scared enough to call the NYPD.

Six days after the subway incident, a detective was by her side as she left WABC, and he arrested Martin in midstalk.

"He was 5 yards away," Crowley recalled. "'That's him,' I said."

Martin's lawyer Stuart Singer contended in opening arguments that Crowley had exaggerated his client's behavior to further her career.

He argued she was embroiled in a plagiarism scandal over a 1999 article and facing questions about her Ph.D. thesis - and used Martin as a distraction.

"This is a grand publicity stunt," Singer told the judge.

On cross-examination, Singer insinuated Crowley was a good actress and tried in vain to get her to say Martin's behavior was like any other admirer's.

She did concede that Martin never threatened her in an e-mail, but otherwise deflected Singer's claims without losing her composure.

Martin, who could face a year in prison on misdemeanor charges of stalking and harassment, watched Crowley intently.

His lawyer said that, since his arrest, he has spent more time in psychiatric facilities, being evaluated for his fitness for trial, than he faces if convicted.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-15-2006, 04:47 PM

But both accounts confirm that Chimpy said God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

This is something of a misquote. Bush was saying that Godard Lievberson ("God" to his friends, "Mr. Lieberson" to his employees), former CEO of Columbia Records, told him that we ought to invade those countries.

True!!!

Nitro Express
03-16-2006, 12:59 AM
I used to watch CNN because that hottie Rudi Baktiar turned me on. Now she's on FOX so I guess I'm more conservative now.

Satan
03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I used to watch CNN because that hottie Rudi Baktiar turned me on. Now she's on FOX so I guess I'm more conservative now.

Yes, Rudi sold her soul. Which means her next network will be HellCable News.

Not that I'm complaining :cool:

kentuckyklira
03-16-2006, 04:39 AM
There´s lots of truth in the expression

"ignorance is bliss"!

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 09:26 AM
And your reasoning is 'most likely' bullshit.

The old OD standy:

Anyone who trusts republican [insert topic here] is a fuckin' moron! Period.

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't enjoy it. You're not speaking realistically here.

I might not be too far off. How many of these fuckjobs are looking forward to the end of the world? How many idiots believe in that "Left Behind" comic book bullshit?

BigBadBrian
03-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, he did.......

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/print/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml)

Yeah, and the quacks at the BBC never made anything up. If it's on the Internet, it's true. If the BBC said it, it's true. Believe it you moronic sheep. :D

BigBadBrian
03-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
There´s lots of truth in the expression

"ignorance is bliss"!

You have that one down pat.

:gulp:

Warham
03-16-2006, 03:43 PM
The old OD standy:

Anyone who trusts republican [insert topic here] is a fuckin' moron! Period.

Here's the REAL OD standby:

'Oh my fucking god! It's the end of the fucking world because George W. Bush is president! Somebody get me a xanax, please, 'cause I can't make it through these next two years!' ::sobs uncontrollably for five to ten minutes::

Satan
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM

'Oh my fucking god! It's the end of the fucking world because George W. Bush is president! Somebody get me a xanax, please, 'cause I can't make it through these next two years!' ::sobs uncontrollably for five to ten minutes::

Hell, Pickles says that all the time and she's married to him.

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 05:33 PM

'Oh my fucking god! It's the end of the fucking world because George W. Bush is president! Somebody get me a xanax, please, 'cause I can't make it through these next two years!'

I prefer green leaf and green bottle. Dos Equis if possible.

And I must say, I am quite proud of the little half-wit for not annihilating us all yet. I really am impressed.

Then again...

Bush Reaffirms Pre-Emptive Use of Force

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060316/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_national_security;_ylt=ApDSFBdtOiceCJmNB8vhbw myFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

WASHINGTON -
President Bush on Thursday renewed his administration's strike-first policy against terrorists and other U.S. enemies and rebuked
Iran over allegations it is secretly amassing nuclear weapons.

The White House said that by reaffirming the pre-emptive policy, the United States was not targeting Iran. Yet the national security strategy includes harsh words for the Iranian government, which Bush says may pose the greatest challenge to the U.S.

"The president's strategy affirms that the doctrine of pre-emption remains sound and must remain an integral part of our national security strategy," said
Stephen Hadley, the president's national security adviser.

"We do not rule out the use of force before attacks occur, even if uncertainty remains as to the time and place of the enemy's attack," Hadley said.

The 49-page report also said
North Korea poses a serious nuclear proliferation challenge; expresses dismay at rollbacks in democratic reform in Russia; brands
Syria a tyranny that harbors terrorists and sponsors terrorist activity; and warns China against denying personal and political freedoms.

"China's leaders must realize, however, that they cannot stay on this peaceful path while holding on to old ways of thinking and acting that exacerbate concerns throughout the region and the world," Bush wrote.

The report accuses Iran of meddling in
Iraq and equipping the insurgency, which is threatening a fragile democracy in Baghdad. The report was released as U.S. and Iraqi forces launched the largest air assault mission against insurgents and terrorists in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion in April 2003.

The administration is working to persuade Russia and China to support a proposed
U.N. Security Council resolution demanding that Iran end its uranium enrichment program.

"This diplomatic effort must succeed if confrontation is to be avoided," Bush said. He did not elaborate on what would happen if international negotiations with Iran were to fail.

Hadley said the international effort must speak with one voice if diplomacy can succeed in getting Iran to curb this step in nuclear weapons development.

"We are, I think, beginning to get indications that the Iranians are finally beginning to listen," Hadley said. "There is beginning to be a debate within the leadership — and I would hope a debate between the leadership and their people — about whether the course they're on is the right course for the good of their country."

The report is an updated version of one Bush issued in 2002 that outlined the pre-emptive policy, marking an end of a deterrent military strategy that dominated the Cold War.

The latest report makes it clear Bush has not changed his mind, even though no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. Susan Rice, a national security expert at Brookings Institution, said the report echoes the 2002 version "by reaffirming the discredited doctrine of pre-emption, while shifting the presumed target of that doctrine from Iraq to Iran."

"This shift is ironic since the administration's all-encompassing, four-year preoccupation with Iraq afforded Iran the time and space to pursue its nuclear ambitions and undermine U.S. security interests in the Middle East," Rice said.

Warham
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
And I support pre-emptive use of force.

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
And I support pre-emptive use of force.

Well good. Then I guess you and gw still have something in common other than stubborness and a knack for being ill-informed.

Pre-emption would be fine if we could trust the people making such decisions. Too bad they've proven to be poor decision makers and completely untrustworthy.

Warham
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
You mean we could trust them if Democrats were running the show, right?

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
You mean we could trust them if Democrats were running the show, right?

I didn't say that. I don't operate in black and white. My overriding theme is that gw is a bum.

I can't choose either side because I try to make informed decisions using common sense.

Warham
03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Your common sense evades you when you start acting like it's Armageddon.

You'll live through the Bush administration, OD. It'll be OK.

Cathedral
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
I didn't say that. I don't operate in black and white. My overriding theme is that gw is a bum.

I can't choose either side because I try to make informed decisions using common sense.

And this is why i respect you more than others here.
You at least know you have a brain and what it's to be used for.

Warham
03-16-2006, 06:18 PM
OD's got a brain, but he gets all caught up that left-wing hysteria of the other guys here.

It's that DU syndrome.

Cathedral
03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
OD's got a brain, but he gets all caught up that left-wing hysteria of the other guys here.

It's that DU syndrome.

I know what you mean, I am registered there and i browse the forums keeping my eye on them.
I definately see a civil war type of mentality on that site.
And someday, though some think i'm joking, I see it spilling over into the streets.

It's like the new discrimination, only it isn't about race, it's about political affiliation.

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
And this is why i respect you more than others here.
You at least know you have a brain and what it's to be used for.

You're alright too... during your moments of clarity.:D

ODShowtime
03-16-2006, 08:00 PM

It's that DU syndrome.

I want to make it clear that I've never been to that site. You guys say it's a blast so I might have to check it out!

Warham
03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Check it out sometime.

You'll find out where all the insane people hang out on the internet.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM

It's that DU syndrome.

Dude, why do you keep bringing up a forum that almost nobody here visits? You sound like you're there more than FORD is...

Warham
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Dude, why do you keep bringing up a forum that almost nobody here visits? You sound like you're there more than FORD is...

I could keep asking why you guys bring up Ann Coulter when none of us care about the bitch?

Nickdfresh
03-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't...

Warham
03-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I guess it works both ways.

I'll admit I bring up Clinton because it actually sparks humorous conversation here. This forum isn't meant to be taken for serious political discussion.

kentuckyklira
03-17-2006, 07:12 AM
And I support pre-emptive use of force. As long as it ain´t somebody using it on you, I assume!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
As long as it ain´t somebody using it on you, I assume!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, see, now that would be called a Terrrrrrrist attack.

Only the US can do something and call it a Pre-Emptive Strike, it's in the rule book, check it out sometime. :)

But seriously, I'm on the fence with this and haven't figured out what i can support here.
Iraq and all the mis-information on that makes me leary on acting without something substantial to prove an attack is actually coming.

Bush is definately off on his own agenda here because it seems to me we are actually being too soft on the enemy in order to not make the world hate us any more.
But with our Generals hands tied the way they are it is costing the lives of our soldiers.
We should step it up and remind the world of why we should be feared when threatened.

Our military is being squandered by this administration and the war was started with too little force to begin with.
That has been my opinion since Shock and Awe failed to shock, and....awe me.

FORD
03-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

That wouldn't be too difficult, since FORD hasn't been there lately.

They got tired of me telling the truth about the DLC pink tutu selling out pansies and banned me.

Just once I'd like to get banned from a board for doing something WRONG instead of for merely speaking the truth. :(

BigBadBrian
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
No, see, now that would be called a Terrrrrrrist attack.

Only the US can do something and call it a Pre-Emptive Strike, it's in the rule book, check it out sometime. :)

But seriously, I'm on the fence with this and haven't figured out what i can support here.
Iraq and all the mis-information on that makes me leary on acting without something substantial to prove an attack is actually coming.

Bush is definately off on his own agenda here because it seems to me we are actually being too soft on the enemy in order to not make the world hate us any more.
But with our Generals hands tied the way they are it is costing the lives of our soldiers.
We should step it up and remind the world of why we should be feared when threatened.

Our military is being squandered by this administration and the war was started with too little force to begin with.
That has been my opinion since Shock and Awe failed to shock, and....awe me.

I agree, Cat.

I want to see our military on MORE offensive operations like this Operation Swarmer.

kentuckyklira
03-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I agree, Cat.

I want to see our military on MORE offensive operations like this Operation Swarmer. Sounds like you enjoy dead innocent civilians even more than Al Qaeda does!

Not that I´m surprised or anything!

Warham
03-17-2006, 02:42 PM
That wouldn't be too difficult, since FORD hasn't been there lately.

They got tired of me telling the truth about the DLC pink tutu selling out pansies and banned me.

Just once I'd like to get banned from a board for doing something WRONG instead of for merely speaking the truth. :(

FORD, how could YOU possibly be banned over there? You must have been spewing out hate-filled rhetoric at the DU, huh?

I like those guys over there. The Democratic party hides behind fat people and beverage carts to get away from the press when they ask 'where's the support?' in relation to the Feingold resolution, but to the folks at the DU it's a smashing success!

Sort of like when Murtha wanted a vote on Iraq, and only three Democrats voted to pull out. That's showin' Bush!

Cathedral
03-18-2006, 12:49 AM
You have to walk the line at the DU. if you appear to be intoxicated and step too wide...you're banned.

I think it was quite easy for Ford to get the boot actually.

Ya see, Warham, over there Ford isn't the extreme, he was DU-Lite. with all those hard core Dems on a stick? his days were numbered, lol.

FORD
03-18-2006, 01:43 AM
You have to walk the line at the DU. if you appear to be intoxicated and step too wide...you're banned.

I think it was quite easy for Ford to get the boot actually.

Ya see, Warham, over there Ford isn't the extreme, he was DU-Lite. with all those hard core Dems on a stick? his days were numbered, lol.

DU was quite the progressive Liberal website when I first joined up over there in 2002. A lot of the Howard Dean momentum began on that board, and that's when people began to take notice. Unfortunately, attention like that isn't always good. The invaders from the right wing boards were easy enough to figure out. But the ones who talked like Democrats at first and then gradually showed their true colors - the Kerry campaign bots and DLC spies - were more difficult to weed out.

I won't remain silent about the DLC's corruption of my party on a DEMOCRATIC board, and I told them so at every given opportunity. So the DLC interns whined and bitched until they banned me, just like the sheep at the Pasture Dump did. I wasn't the first Democrat who got banned there, and I won't be the last, but I haven't tried to get back in as of yet.