PDA

View Full Version : Take Care Front Line

Angel
03-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I figured the front line was the best place for this, if I'm wrong, please feel free to move it wherever you want.

I just got the approval from work for my leave of absence. Although most of you think I am anti-American, you're wrong. American's are humans (well, most of them anyway ;)), and I am pro-human.

At the beginning of next month, I'll be in NOLA helping to rebuild the city, and probably won't be on-line much, if at all.

FORD remember - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out there.

Keep on Rothin' all!

To ALL OF OUR TROOPS - thank you and stay safe guys and gals. We want ALL of you, no matter your nationality to be safe and sound.

Cheers to all, and keep up the good fight, EH!

FORD
03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
God bless, Angel.

(even if you don't believe in Him, it couldn't hurt, going down there, and doing His work)

Maybe you'll meet Elvis? ;)

DLR'sCock
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Good Luck to you hun, and much much love and respect you!!!!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Citizen of the world... now this is an idea that has to be defended!

See you later, Angel. This is a nice job that you're going to do. Congrats! :cool:

ULTRAMAN VH
03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
All politics aside, good luck in your new venture, peace and safety be with you.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Good luck ANGEL. Try to let us know how things are going from time to time if you can...

Angel
03-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by FORD
God bless, Angel.

(even if you don't believe in Him, it couldn't hurt, going down there, and doing His work)

Maybe you'll meet Elvis? ;)

You know my feelings about the way it works. If I'm wrong, and God does exist, I'm still okay, because I walk the walk.

Nitro Express
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Let me guess. You are going to help bring back New Orleans by spending lots of time in French Quarter bars?

jhale667
03-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Good luck! :baaa:

Full Bug
03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Let me know when you are leaving Angel.....

BigBadBrian
03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Let me guess. You are going to help bring back New Orleans by spending lots of time in French Quarter bars?

No, she's going down there to help the lesbian population get back on their feet.....er, by laying on her back. :)

Nickdfresh
03-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
No, she's going down there to help the lesbian population get back on their feet.....er, by laying on her back. :)

Maybe you've helped the lesbian population, by turning more women into them.:)

Nitro Express
03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Maybe FEMA will give you one of those trailers for helping out. The best way to clean up it to let it dry out and then set fire to the place. Not only will that get rid of the tons of scrap wood but kill the bacteria as well.

Angel
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, my Yankee hating estranged husband has fucked it up for me now. I now have to be in court in May, and if I'm not there... well, let's just say I have more to lose than he does.

So, plans are on hold now until legal BS is over. FUCK, it was my wanting to go there that was the start of the end of my marriage. :(

BBB & Nitro, maybe you should consider helping your fellow citizens. But then again, us Canucks have been coming to the aide of your black southern citizens for a long time now, haven't we?

BigBadBrian
03-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Well, my Yankee hating estranged husband has fucked it up for me now. I now have to be in court in May, and if I'm not there... well, let's just say I have more to lose than he does.

So, plans are on hold now until legal BS is over. FUCK, it was my wanting to go there that was the start of the end of my marriage. :(

BBB & Nitro, maybe you should consider helping your fellow citizens. But then again, us Canucks have been coming to the aide of your black southern citizens for a long time now, haven't we?

I knew you wouldn't go...I just knew. :)

Be sure to read my post, (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=890146#post890146) and all the follow on replies. :cool:

As for me, I've helped out monetarily more than you'll ever know. :)

Much more than I did for the tsunami...because they are my countrymen....and I used to live in Pascagoula. I have a fondness for that area, although it still makes me think of the stench of the paper mill. :D

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Angel
You know my feelings about the way it works. If I'm wrong, and God does exist, I'm still okay, because I walk the walk.

Um, i don't think it works that way, but hey, i'm not gonna start on that tonight.
It's been an expensive day.

Nitro Express
03-23-2006, 05:31 AM
An organization I'm part of sent ten semi-truck loads of emergency supplies and food to Mississippi before Katrina even hit. Shelters were set up using local church buildings out of the hurricane danger zone.

I've donated sevral thousand dollars to help Katrina victims through variouse organizations.

The dissaster was huge and it's going to take years to clean it up. Lot's of people have helped and are helping but the whole process has to be organized. I don't think people really realize how bad of a dissaster Katrina was and we have another hurricane season coming up again in a few months. We could have another Katrina somewhere else this year.

I get tired of all the US bashing. Hey, even Bono said the US donates more money to charity than any other country and that is even during a major war and dissasters.

But we appreciate anyone who truly wants to help. Most people see what's on the news but that is far from the true story. The news likes to tell the pooch screw stories. Yeah, the govt. fucked up at all levels. What's new?

It's a good example of why we need less govt. and people need to take care of themselves. New Orleans was a fine example of how helpless multi-generational welfare makes people.