PDA

View Full Version : The Hills Have Eyes remake

Terry
03-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, for some odd reason, my old lady wanted us to go see The Hills Have Eyes today. Odd because she enjoys every romantic comedy that comes down the pipe (she's already talking about us seeing the Aniston/Vince V flick coming out, and I think us seeing THHE was a way to placate me into going to that flick, but that's another story...)and doesn't like scary movies at all.

I'm pretty pissed with the creative timidity in Tinseltown as far as these remakes flooding the theaters go...

....But I enjoyed this remake.

Craven didn't direct, but he had something to do with the production of it, and it was pretty good. Gory, relatively realistically plausible, violent, with no pretentions of being anything other than what it was, and the director knew something about pacing and building suspense (and being able to obtain it by means other than just cranking up the soundtrack and doing a bunch of fast edits when the action came).

It has been a long time since I've even seen the original (probably since the early 1980s), so I knew the premise of it...I think there are a few differences in the plot, but the essence is there...

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Now I just have to figure out how to get out of seeing that Aniston thing....

Douglas T.
03-18-2006, 11:00 PM
What is with the car made into an animal cage!? This wasn't for holding animals during those nuclear test I hope. That test town remained intact for the most part!

Douglas T.
03-18-2006, 11:03 PM
History of Violence was suprisingly gorified!