PDA

View Full Version : David Lee ble it 3 times!!!! Tragic

donanger1
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Say what you want about the *sisters*, David Lee Roth was offered to be back in the band, apparently 3 times and he blew it every time. Now WHO HAS THE PROBLEM?!!

redblkwht
03-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by donanger1
Say what you want about the *sisters*, David Lee Roth was offered to be back in the band, apparently 3 times
did i mention Gary & I blew them every timethey asked. Now WHO HAS THE PROBLEM?!! lol dude you ok?

I link your name
long duk donger..lmfao!
creative ineed-

Unchainme
03-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Say what you want about the *sisters*, David Lee Roth was offered to be back in the band, apparently 3 times and he blew it every time. Now WHO HAS THE PROBLEM?!!

KISS MY ASS!

bueno bob
03-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Say what you want about the *sisters*,

I do. Frequently.

David Lee Roth was offered to be back in the band, apparently 3 times and he blew it every time.

He didn't "blow it". The entire group did, apparently. Dave probably has to shoulder some of the guilt, sure, but I'm 110% positive it's not just him. More so, the only thing that held up 2000 from happening, according to Ed's admission in that Golf magazine, was the lawyers, and that was probably due to two reasons: 1) How much David was going to see for a reunion with Van Halen in 2000, as David was probably smart enough not to let himself be Ace/Peter'ed into the thing and 2) problems with what David was getting paid for the back catalog, which SHOULD be split evenly 4 ways at 25% a piece.

Now WHO HAS THE PROBLEM?!!

Apparently, YOU do. I would say David has the problem too, because he's generally not a guy to bully around financially, which is why the lawyers got involved in the first place. He's too smart to let himself get fucked over for royalties and dues, and when you're in the music biz (particularly with the band VAN HALEN), you kinda have to watch that shit.

Anything else, kiddo?

bueno bob
03-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Moreover, the only times I'm aware of Dave being made an offer to try it out was in 1996 and 2000...

In so far as 1996 was concerned, it's my recollection that nothing was made concrete about his future with the band beyond the 2 new songs. The MTV appearance was done because, possibly, MTV threatened them with significantly less support/promotion of future videos unless they showed up - at least, that's what I've heard.

In 2000, things were apparently going along fine. Dave went and did 2 or 3 new songs with them that were apparently good, left the studio and waited to hear something from them. About that point was when the lawyers happened, I think, so there's probably a bit more to that story than what's been told...

That, to my count, makes the "offers" from the sisters a total of two, not three times...and considering that Dave himself said that 1996 was a more or less up-in-the-air, possible one time roll in the hay for old times sake the whole time it happened, that makes my count at "offers" closer to one and a half in actuality...

Unless I'm forgetting something...

Polk High
03-19-2006, 07:55 AM
the lawyers and ed screwed things up. How anyone in their right mind can look at the song inclusion on BOV 1 and say Dave was being unreasonable is beyond me. No mean streets, hot for teacher, jamie's cryin, pretty woman, dancin in the streets, i'll wait, ice cream man, doa, the list goes on and on. Oh and those songs I mentioned are just ones I can remember hearing on popular radio w/ in the past year or so. Dave agreed to having only 7 or 8 songs and letting hagar have the same amount he also allowed the video hits to include a wopping 3 of his videos and 11 or so of hagar's (some of those videos just made me sick.

Now there is some evidence that DLR wasn't being all that unreasonable. I'm sure he wanted to do two seperate cd's one of his hits and one of hagar's. Now which one would sell more, I don't think Ed wants to know.