X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjsand76
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Apr 2005

Question about Anthony interview...

What if the reason Van Halen did not reconvene the supposed three times was because Ed demanded Dave sing Van Hagar tunes? When interviewed, Ed always says "Well, it is ALL Van Halen", referring to both the Roth and Hagar era. So if Michael Anthony means Dave's ego got in the way because he would not sing Hagar tunes on the set list, shouldn't people be glad the reunion never happened? Anyone with more insight?
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I think that if there was a reunion, there'd be NO FUCKIN SPAM ERA SONG.
    People want CLASSIC VH.
    Now, if the Self-Sucking-Sisters can't understand that, fuck em..
    Anyone with more insight?

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

Many threads around here about this
      I am no webmaster, but seems like with the cumulative -Blame Roth- game is the reason for no reunion.
      Conspirasy Alpha an Omega..

Dave won't sing Van Hagar except for all the songs he wrote that
      Ed had Hagar sing(cough).... You Know they are all thru-out the Hagar years..
      Conspirasy One

Dave probably wants to be more than a hired Gun if reunion takes place as in pay and creative control..
      Conspirasy two

Dave wants back pay as part of the deal ..
      Conspirasy three(this one is all mine and my biggest call on the deal)

I put a lot of words in Daves mouth here because your Q is like as
      if you asked it of Dave I aint no Dave these are just 4 of the
      Wizzbang Razzmatazzes I've seen written

On and On and On

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

There would be no Spammy songs in a VH reunion with Roth. Spammy had a high range. Dave's voice isn't like that. Good thing!
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
          There would be no Spammy songs in a VH reunion with Roth. Spammy had a high range. Dave's voice isn't like that. Good thing!
          WHAT IS RANGE !!! This ain't no Maria Carrey vocal Range war. Hagar
          Range is Off Key..
          I can sing 5 octaves but im tone deaf .. Fuk Of

Hagar Range Please!

all in fun dude....... Hagar Range??
          Range is the property of Vocal Diva
          there is only ONE DIVA i don't care what VH1 or BET sais and
          the Diva is the lead female vocalist for the Opera it ain't
          any pop vocalist .

Range don't get me started...
          :confused:

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

We'll sure never know what's behind the curtain.
            I gotta take a dump..

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by philouze
              We'll sure never know what's behind the curtain.
              I gotta take a dump..
              Dump My Asss!!

Now that's funny sorry dude i can't stand hagars voice he sounds like he is takeing a dump to me..

there is no man behind the curtain Hagar and Ed took VH down a diff road than CVH.. Diff Band shoulda changed the name Yes/No..?

How in the hell can VH ever get in the Hall of Fame
              two totaly
              different bands
              two totally diff singers both still alive same name

Hagar and Ed Mike an Alex fukked us and the reason for it
              is the reason for the confusion then add Gary Cherone a great
              singer and musician will he be at the ceremony also.

Vhagar is a abomination to me -great music in it's place and time -
              if that's what someone likes, they sold albums no doubt,
              No Doubt sells albums too but it don't mean they are worthy of my
              vote Fuk -Um

Cvh or Daves solo career is all there is..I don't need any other VH incarnation...

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by thome
                there is no man behind the curtain Hagar and Ed took VH down a diff road than CVH.. Diff Band shoulda changed the name Yes/No..?
                Fuck Yeah

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

I dont think Ed, Al and Mike would even bother asking Dave to sing Sam songs. They know well enough what Dave's stance is on that.

Funny how the bros made Sam sing Dave songs...Part of the reason they split.... Then when the 2004 tour happened, Sam had to sing them again.
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Of course I use the word "sing" VERY loosely.
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

"We tried to make this thing work with Roth three times and each time it was even worse than the time before. We tried to do a new album with him and his ego just wouldn't let it happen and the third time that we tried to do it with him was more like, let's see if we can just play some dates and just get along with him and he still for some reason couldn't humble himself enough to just being one of the guys again here."

Why would he have to humble himself to play in what is supposed to be, the GREATEST fucking band in the world? Humble? Humble is for fags!

Roth on!

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

From this some clarity..?

I had no idea that Mike has always been a hired gun

maybe he wasn't before Roth split maybe all contracts were rewritten
                        and Mike signed too keep his job a job etc..

The sisters must have total control and they hire Mike when needed.?

I figured that it was a 4 way split and on and on

Sh!t Hagar probably made more money than Mike ...?

I'll give Mike some credit he has always been working to bad wasted w/Hagar

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

I kinda like some of the songs that Hagar and EVH recorded. Is it Van Halen? Absolutely not. But a fair rock/pop band with a few (very few) stand out songs.

With real Van Halen, every song on an album I want to play louder than the last. In my first car, a crappy Dodge Colt, I had rigged 2 Panasonic home stereo speakers in fake wood cabinets to work off my car stereo. CVH demanded more volume. So I had to abide.

The thing that struck me the most with the Mike interview was the fact he was the "hired gun" bass player. Just goes to show what a power trip Ed is on. Props to Mike for giving the fans some information though. Any nugget we get from a member is greatly appreciated.

My final rant. In the 2 dorks interview with Ed last week, he mentioned he saw the pics and read some of the posts about his appearance online. Ed, if you are online, do you think you could put an update on your site? Just a 1 sentence blurb? Christ dude, we're starving for anything.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            I kinda like some of the songs that Hagar and EVH recorded. Is it Van Halen? Absolutely not. But a fair rock/pop band with a few (very few) stand out songs.

With real Van Halen, every song on an album I want to play louder than the last. In my first car, a crappy Dodge Colt, I had rigged 2 Panasonic home stereo speakers in fake wood cabinets to work off my car stereo. CVH demanded more volume. So I had to abide.

The thing that struck me the most with the Mike interview was the fact he was the "hired gun" bass player. Just goes to show what a power trip Ed is on. Props to Mike for giving the fans some information though. Any nugget we get from a member is greatly appreciated.

My final rant. In the 2 dorks interview with Ed last week, he mentioned he saw the pics and read some of the posts about his appearance online. Ed, if you are online, do you think you could put an update on your site? Just a 1 sentence blurb? Christ dude, we're starving for anything.

good post.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Nah, because even Ed realizes that people don't want to hear Roth sing Van Hagar songs.

I mean, you look at the interview and Anthony mentions they played Meanstreet and such classic tunes with Dave the last time they tried to get together, that to me doesn't sound like a situation where they were trying to force Sam Halen on Dave or anything like that...and who really cares if Hagar does sing in a higher natural octave than Dave does or if Dave could pull off Van Hagar shit or not anyway?

Think the bottom line is that sure, Dave has a tremendous ego and is probably difficult to get along with, but I'm also sure he expects to be paid the same as Ed, Al and the bassplayer, and from the sounds of the Chemical Brothers comment by MA in the interview, he wanted Van Halen not only to record some new music but expected the band to stretch themselves and make an effort....

...So basically, Dave wants to get paid what is fair and wants the band to take on a challenge and make an effort, neither of which have been in Ed's game plan for a long time now.

So yeah, in a sense it is Dave's fault a reunion hasn't happened. Dave ain't gonna be Ed's bitch and he won't shortchange the music. Sammy, on the other hand, will gladly line up again and again for a quickie reunion tour, regardless of the quality.

And Mike, for all his bitching, will gladly turn up again and again as long as he gets invited.

Who cares? Ed's past it now, and it's really not something I wanna see anymore if only Dave wants it to happen. If the Van Halens and Anthony don't want Dave around but reunite with him anyway, the piss-poor attitude will effect the new music and the performances. They'd just be in it for the money...

I want a bang for my buck, not Meth Mouth with his Gorilla Sister and Hot Sauce Boy playing by the numbers while Dave gives us his all.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...