Will Dave Respond To Michael Anthony's Interview?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenway5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

Will Dave Respond To Michael Anthony's Interview?

I haven't heard him mention it on his show. I want to know what he thinks of Michael's comments about the aborted album the band worked on and how he thought Dave was hurting for cash and should have put his ego aside to work with the band. Maybe someone will call in and bring it up.
    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
    - DLR, 2004
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I get the feeling that Dave could care less about Anthony's half-informed bullshit.

The only ones who know what's going on with Van Halen are Eddie and Alex and what Mike THINKS he knows is probably about half right 30% of the time...

Frankly, I hope he doesn't comment.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

bassplayer exposed himself as having a very weak hand. Why comment on that? I mean Roth prolly figures that him hangin' with Spammy is all the "karma" one needs!

Roth on!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• jonnypop
        Roth Army Recruit
        • May 2004

Can't blame him for playin with Sammy. Eddie and his sister don't seem to want him around and Dave totally ignores him. Does Dave dislike him or did he ask him to leave VH in 85 and was turned down?

Say what you want about his bass playing, but his vocals are crucial to Classic Van Halen. Especially after hearing Eddie try to belt out some lines of WCTBL on some of the latest tours.

Comment

• matt19
          Sniper
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
          bassplayer exposed himself as having a very weak hand. Why comment on that? I mean Roth prolly figures that him hangin' with Spammy is all the "karma" one needs!

Roth on!
          Very True... im suprised that spec ed hasent said anything tho
          Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Well, I think about how many times MA was mentioned in Roth's book (once or twice by name), how he referred to him not by name but as 'the bass player' in 2002, and am sure Dave has some inside dope on what the Van Halens have been up to anyway, so my guess is...

...I doubt Dave really cares WHAT mikey has to say, as long as MA is there if/when they reform. Plus, what Mike has to say is about stuff that transpired two years + ago(Mike knows about as much as the rest of as to what Meth Mouth and Alexis are doing at the moment)...I can't think of a more boring thing for Dave to talk about on his radio show for a majority of listeners, although I'd gladly listen to Dave spill the inside dirt on Van Halen all day long.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Who is Micheal Anthony?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Who is Michael Anthony?
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

*resubmitted for spelling error*

fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Seriously though....

I agree that DLR will probably pay no mind to the MA comments.

But it was a fascinating insight into exactly where Mikey fits in the Van Halen food chain.

That location is apparently pretty damn close to the fucking bottom...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

hm...somebody should send an email to daveradio
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

On the other hand, wouldn't it be fuckin' ironic that said "bass player" is the one whose words somehow bring it all back together?
                        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Dave probably still doesn't know that Mike did an interview. I get the feeling that Dave really doesn't pay any attention to what the other guys have said. Did Dave mention Ed looking the way he did when he showed up at Elton Johns dick suckfest? Nope...
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Excellent point.
                            I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A caller brought it up today, but only talked about what Mike said about those infamous 5 songs they did. Dave gave the same answer we've heard before. He said he asked the lawyer if he could play those songs, and he said yes; but he won't do it out of respect for the history of the band, etc. Nothing negative was brought up. He had good things to say about Mike. (beginning of second hour)
                              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Working...