PDA

View Full Version : Billary Moving To The Center

DrMaddVibe
03-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Clinton vows to block bill criminalizing illegal immigrants
By BETH FOUHY
AP Political Writer

March 22, 2006, 2:51 PM EST

NEW YORK -- Invoking Biblical themes, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton joined immigration advocates Wednesday to vow and block legislation seeking to criminalize undocumented immigrants.

Clinton, a potential 2008 presidential candidate and relative latecomer to the immigration debate, made her remarks as the Senate prepares to take up the matter next week.

Clinton renewed her pledge to oppose a bill passed in December by the House that would make unlawful presence in the United States _ currently a civil offense _ a felony. The Senate is set to consider a version of that legislation, as well as several other bills seeking to address the seemingly intractable issue of immigration reform.

Surrounded by a multicultural coalition of New York immigration advocates, Clinton blasted the House bill as "mean-spirited" and said it flew in the face of Republicans' stated support for faith and values.

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scriptures," Clinton said, "because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself."

Clinton did not specifically endorse any competing legislation, including a bill co-authored by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and another by Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), saying she hoped the Senate Judiciary Committee would produce a compromise incorporating the best elements of all the bills and would remove the harsh penalties contained in the House measure.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) has said the Senate will take up his proposal to tighten borders and punish employers who hire illegal immigrants if the Judiciary Committee doesn't complete a broader bill by next week.

Among other things, Clinton said she would support legislation that would strengthen U.S. borders, boost technology to secure the borders, and seek greater cross-border cooperation with Mexico and other neighboring countries.

She also called for new enforcement laws, including penalties for employers who exploit illegal immigrants, as well as a system to allow the roughly 11 million illegal immigrants currently living in the United States to earn their citizenship.

Clinton expressed sympathy to representatives of communities along the U.S.-Mexico border that are frustrated by the stress of providing social services to large numbers of undocumented immigrants. But she also said she hoped to send a message that supporters of punitive immigration policy faced significant political risk for doing so.

"We want the outcome to be that they're on the wrong side of the politics as well as the wrong side of history and American values," she said.

President Bush has argued for a guest worker program that would allow undocumented immigrants already in the United States to keep their jobs for up to six years. The effort hasn't gained much momentum, partly due to fierce resistance from others within the GOP.

Copyright 2006 Newsday Inc.

What does Billary know about Jesus Christ or scriptures from the Bible? Hell, if she touched one it would burst into flames!!!

Developing...:lol:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Gee, how does George BUSH feel about the bill?:)

DrMaddVibe
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Gee, how does George BUSH feel about the bill?:)

I think if you asked him, he'd tell ya.

Billary flip-flopped all over the place in that article.

YOU'RE stuck with him nicker00!

LoungeMachine
03-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I know they're from Arkansas........

But did they have to be named Hill & Billy

For the love of God can we please see the emergence of a viable third party in my lifetime?

:cool:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I think if you asked him, he'd tell ya.

Billary flip-flopped all over the place in that article.

YOU'RE stuck with him nicker00!

Flip flopped? However did she do that?

By attempting to criminalize those that help illegal immigrants, we're going to stop it? Nice one...

Cuntrolling illegal immigration and attempting to round up every immigrant are two different things...

But tell me, why would you care what a Senator thinks when the President whose dick you regularly suck is all for illegal immigration apparetnly (for his corporate bosses?)

DrMaddVibe
03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
You 2 crack me up.

Now one wants to jump the good ship USS Liberal to what...the Libertarian Party?

Welcome to the club!

You're stuck with him, just like I was stuck with Bush. Deal with it. Neither party is throwing over the crap that its been turned into for the sake of the nation. So far every Libertarian that has ran has been a flaming goofball. I've been to several Presidential rallys and heard them speak. Utter crap, but when the camera is rolling its the ol' "if its not in the Constitution then we don't need it" sneer. No, you need to tighten your life vest because when push comes to shove you won't go down with the ship and vote for a 3rd party. You know you'll vote for Billary...and like it.

As far as comprehension goes nicker00...can't help ya there. You're on your own. Its there in black and white in his own words.

LoungeMachine
03-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
You 2 crack me up.

Now one wants to jump the good ship USS Liberal to what...the Libertarian Party?

Welcome to the club!

You're stuck with him, just like I was stuck with Bush. Deal with it.

. You know you'll vote for Billary...and like it.

Like it?

No.

Hell, No.

Fuck me, NO:mad:

But to avoid Jeb, or that idiot empty suit Allen........yes, I'll hold my breath and pull the lever.

Too bad Diebold won't care which lever I pull.

I am however, glad to read you felt "stuck with Bush"

All this time I actually thought you admired the Fuckhead. :cool:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, actually, I'm not a Libertarian philosophically, but I am in fact Libertarian in some attitudes and practice...

In any case, I don't agreed that she "flip-flopped," I think there is a middle ground here. You are not going to get rid of the illegal immigrant problem with draconian "crack-down" measures... You're only going to aid the booming "people smuggling" industry...

That being said, I think there is more that the Gov't can do to prevent illegals from getting social service benefits, or at least restricting them. And we could crack down on businesses hiring illegals for traditionally higher wage jobs like construction...

But there is nothing Libertarian in putting priests/clergy against the wall for giving illegals a sandwich, which is the central purpose of this bill...

jcook11
03-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Shrillary can make as many moves left to right as she wants butthere is no way in hell she will ever get elected. Frau....FORD has a better chance