X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hagar has some ego

I've read the transcripts of that book that he was going to release or whatever the story is with that. Anyway one tidbit that I found to be totally sickening is that fact that he felt that he and Edward writing together were like Page and Plant.

Huh? :confused:

What is that delusional cocksucker Hagar talking about? If anything Classic Van Halen was on a par with Led Zeppelin.

Van Hagar was more on a par with Journey and REO Speedwagon.

The question is does Hagar really think people believe the shit that comes out of his mouth? I guess the Hagaritas do. LOL!
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Re: Hagar has some ego

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC Anyway If anything Classic Van Halen was on a par with Led Zeppelin.
    I dunno, Van Halen didn't bust out loud, theraminized, versions of classic blues numbers. No disrespect to Zep, but I just don't see them on the same golf course with Van Halen.

Comment

• Julius
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Re: Hagar has some ego

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

Van Hagar was more on a par with Journey and REO Speedwagon.

Quote of the day, 5 stars for you sir.

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

but I just don't see them on the same golf course with Van Halen.
        better quote of the day, in my opinion zep is overrated...great musicians, but nowadays its like the popular thing to like zepplin and that pisses me off, them and ac/dc. when i see kids at 4th 5th and 6th grade wearing zep or ac/dc shirts i think its retarded
        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hagar has always compared himself to Robert Plant.

Damned if I know why. Even in his Montrose days, there wasn't any resemblance. Same hairdo as Roger Daltrey maybe, but didn't sound a thing like him either.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i cant stand plants voice he sounds so whiny and hagar just sounds like he has a donut in his throat...probably bc he does
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I can see saying he was inspired by Robert Plant. Some of the first guitar stuff I ever learned was off of the first two Led Zep albums. I still love those songs. Do I think Led Zep was the greatest? I really don't like to do that with any band. So many bands and musicians have inspired me over the years. I would have to write a huge list of people who inspired me. Nobody is the best. Really.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I never liked it when Robert Plant got into his orgasmic spasmatic thing. I really don't think it ads much to Whole Lotta Love.

I loved Plant in the early days when he just wailed. Actually Sammy was at his best when he was trying to put it out there. To Sammy's credit, he didn't do too bad of a job on Judgement Day and Poundcake. Those two songs are the best Sammy ever did.

Sam isn't my favorite singer, theres something about him that's annoying. Hey, I wouldn't give the guy so much shit if he didn't bash Roth. If he just said he got the golden ticket and did his thing I think we probably would treat the dude fairly. Hey, he's a mediocre rock singer who had some good songs. He's no legend by any means.

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Hagar's a delusional moron.

I'd like to pity him but think what he has had to live with since 1986? lmao

Think of going through life ALWAYS playin' second fiddle and living in a larger that life shadow of a Rock and Roll legend.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Sammy, go eat a few deep fried, cheese stuffed rump roasts and smile.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

When I see 17 year old kids into ZEP & AC/DC...let alone CLASSIC VAN HALEN...I'm AMAZED!!!:p

NO offense...but I think a person has to be musically RETARDED to think ZEP is overrated......
                    Last edited by Matt White; 03-24-2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                      When I see 17 year old kids into ZEP & AC/DC...let alone CLASSIC VAN HALEN...I'm AMAZED!!!:p
                      What the Hell else are they gonna listen to? Titney Spears???
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        What the Hell else are they gonna listen to? Titney Spears???
                        Alice in Chains...SoundGarden....Nirvanna....Smashing Pumpkins....

Pantera.....

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

The ONLY song EVH & Hagar wrote that would even be in the same ballpark as the classics would be Right Now. Good lyrics, good music, good video. Other than that, I don't think writing top 40 pop rock songs qualifies.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Heres what you need to rebias your amp. The Grove Tube Tube Rebiasing Tool:

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              The ONLY song EVH & Hagar wrote that would even be in the same ballpark as the classics would be Right Now. Good lyrics, good music, good video. Other than that, I don't think writing top 40 pop rock songs qualifies.
                              Hagar & EVH never wrote anything that could be considered "classic"....

"right now" is a Pepsi commercial...one that quickly faded at that....

It's on Par with Firehouse & Trixter...nothing "classic"....

Comment

Working...