Is anyone as fed up as me regarding the BS at CBS Taking DAVE off the air TODAY??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Is anyone as fed up as me regarding the BS at CBS Taking DAVE off the air TODAY??

I don't know about any of you, but I'm really FED UP with the BS/Flack that CBS has inflicted on ROTH. I turn on ROTH in the morning to listen to his humor, intelligence, music, attitude and great charisma - the same ingredients that make him one of the greatest frontmen of Rock n' Roll....then to find out that he's off the air while in Miami?? Was this Dave's idea - to take a day to scope out the tanned bodies of South Beach? or did CBS step in to ruin someone's day?

The only recourse we have as fans of DLR is to give our $0.02 worth in writing to CBS Radio. I am sending a message to DLR's "Instant Messaging" at DavidLeeRoth.com because I am fed up with the crap of this topsy-turvy situation that is such a turn off.

And Dave, if you are not on the air, do us the honors of having you do some traveling and Concert Appearances, so we can give you the standing ovation you deserve for your talent as well as with putting up with the crap from the Geriatric Ward of CBS!
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • bluemustard
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

I.F.F.U

*I'm fucking fed up!

If Dave had a hangover they should have said it on the air.
    Not this secret shit.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Hell, there was this station in Yuma, AZ that let it's 2 morning DJs pass around a bottle of JD and get drunk on the air. WTF is up with CBS, well I'll let this Sam Kinison quote speak for my opinion:

"CBS stands for Cocksucking Bastard Sonsabitches!!!!"-Sam Kinison

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Well...has there been any kind of story? Was Dave suspended? Was he hungover? Or is this CBS looking for a scapegoat for the ratings hit they took after Howard left?

Howard talked about it briefly on the air and while I caught it midway through, I got the impression that Dave is OUT at CBS, and that they'll make the official announcement as early as tomorrow.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bluemustard
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

Comment

• Jamocha Joe
            Roadie
            • Jan 2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
            [published 3/29/2006 5:45am]

A Day Without Dave

The next time we'll be hearing about David Lee Roth's so-called radio career it will probably be on one of those VH-1's "Whatever Happended To..." specials five or ten years from now. That's because CBS Radio, the parent company of Boston's WBCN 104.1FM, has apparently warned Roth's seven East Coast affiliates carrying the stumbling "Roth Radio" show that there will be no live feed today and stations can air their own programming this morning according to trade industry's publication AllAccess.Com. This may or may not signal an end for Roth, but it doesn't sound good no matter what the official reason is.

Roth will not be on the air on WBCN 104.1FM today, which happens to be the last day of the Arbitron's winter book(January 5th- March 29th). That comes on the heels of just released Arbitron's February "averages" which show Roth dragging WBCN's overall ratings down even lower compared to January's numbers(complete winter survey won't be out until April 27th). The heritage rock station now ranks 15th in the Boston metro which is a far cry from the days when Howard Stern or Chalres Laquidara presided over its morning drive.

One major sign of trouble for Roth : Stern's commercial breaks used to go on for 13 to 14 minutes on the average. Roth's are around 3 to 4 minutes long and recently some of his breaks have been filled with a song because apparently no one bought time.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

I don't rally care to listen to the greatest rock and roll frontman do a radio show anyway. Time to turn the page on all of it. CVH will never be again, Eddie is dying or at the very least decaying quickly, Sammy and Mike will be married soon. The only thing to look forward to is that they hopefully release the stuff that VH recorded with Roth. Other than that it is time to move on. Anything else at this point is a waste of time and thought. Actually, it was over a long time ago!
              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• bluemustard
                Veteran
                • Mar 2006

Don't judge Eddy on some crappy pic.
                Where's your source he's decaying?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                  Or is this CBS looking for a scapegoat for the ratings hit they took after Howard left?

We have a winner.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bantonelli
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

No need for negative spins on CVH. I wasn't hip to ROTH doing the radio gig in the first place, but, I know it was something he has always been fascinated with, if you read CFTH.

I do think he was doomed from the beginning, simply due to the situation and timing of where he came into the Radio spotlight, but as far as an Entertainer....D-RO will continually succeed.

I don't wish for the original lineup of CVH to decay - I only hope that Ed would think deeply on Roth's idea of a last tour to put CVH to rest with respect and honor.

Roth and those of us who love CVH are the remaining legacy....Can we possibly get ED to come on board? I believe AL & BassPlayer will follow Ed's lead - perhaps they should get back together w/Roth in the humble territory that started it all........
                    a Concert in Pasadena, California.
                    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

I am not going just by pictures. I met Eddie in 2004. He was in sad shape then and is in worse shape now.
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

I didn't put a negative spin on CVH. The truth is that it is over and has been for a long time. Some people seem to have a hard time accepting this. I wish things were different too but they are what they are.

Comment

• bluemustard
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2006

define sad shape please

Comment

• bluemustard
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

serious...whats he on?
                            The man just recovered from cancer for god sakes.
                            In The 2004 interview he seemed in better shape than Ozzy...and Ozzy still went on tour

Comment

• bluemustard
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2006

I look like this when i smoke 4 joints.
                              If he goes to the beach for a week or two he can shape up right?

Comment

Working...