• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Dave Radio!!!

dave is forced in a new format...fuck CBS

b young is gone...animal is gone...the tunes are gone...the show is gone...

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Maybe it's an April Fool's joke?

Sounds like the worst part of the show is gone. I'm really not upset. :p

The track blasting was cool, but annoying as well in the middle of conversation.

He obviously won't be doing the show alone, so I wonder who the chick will be that they force upon him.
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• bantonelli
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

I reason, I believe that Dave "caved in" for the CBS format that the Suits wanted is due to the fact that there is alot of money on the line.....not so much for ROTH, but Animal, B-Young and Matt Sencio moved their lives out to NYC and are employees of D-RO's, so Dave needs to take care of Payroll.

I spoke to Dave's publicist back in January, and she said Dave is severely LOYAL to his posse. Therefore, he will make sure to take care of them, and I'm sure that Dave pays them well.

I can hear in Dave's voice that this is not a happy time for him, whether or not $4 million is on the line, but he will do what he needs to do for the sake of his posse.

My respect for Dave, elevates to an all time high.
      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ParkerF1
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Mar 2006

i'm blown away

hey everyone... i just joined after finally coming here online. I just heard the show and I, like a great many others who never made it here and don't spend alot of time during the day online... I'm completely fkng ANGRY.

What the FCK are they thinking?

who wants to listen to a guy not doing what he loves?

BYoung and Animal added so much fkn flavor. I mean, come the fck on.

This is really bullsht. And you KNOW CBS will never read this. But TRUST THIS... I speak for THOUSANDS of commuters who can only hear 30-60 min of it a day.

CBS you ruined the show. You ruined Dave. And you ruined my commute.

Really really dumb guys.
        just joined 3/31... the day the radio went silent.

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Re: i'm blown away

Originally posted by ParkerF1
          hey everyone... i just joined after finally coming here online. I just heard the show and I, like a great many others who never made it here and don't spend alot of time during the day online... I'm completely fkng ANGRY.

This is really bullsht. And you KNOW CBS will never read this. But TRUST THIS... I speak for THOUSANDS of commuters who can only hear 30-60 min of it a day.

Really really dumb guys.

Welcome Soldier....5 stars for you.

Comment

• hitch1969©
            Sniper
            • Mar 2003

Really really dumb guys.
            you can say FUCK and SHIT

really. it's OK.

watch:

THEY FUCKING BROKE HIM!!!

FUCK

FUCK

FUCKITY FUCK!!!

fuck!
            ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• squib
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

They didn't break him...he's actually carrying through on something Howard wouldn't. He's going to give them what they want so they fire him and he takes the money. Howard threatened so many times to ditch his show and just play music. Dave doesn't need this job, but fuck them if he's going to quit.

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Re: i'm blown away

Really really dumb guys.
                Your voice will be heard if you e-mail CBS and make sure to tell them that you are about 35 yrs. old. - That's the market the Suits said Dave should be targetting. Tell them what you just said here!!!
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by squib
                  They didn't break him...he's actually carrying through on something Howard wouldn't. He's going to give them what they want so they fire him and he takes the money. Howard threatened so many times to ditch his show and just play music. Dave doesn't need this job, but fuck them if he's going to quit.
                  EXACTLY!!!!!

Comment

• chumscrubber
                    Groupie
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bantonelli
                    Your voice will be heard if you e-mail CBS and make sure to tell them that you are about 35 yrs. old. -
                    You know I love you, B, but you are flat wrong. This is a very sad day.
                    I live in a city, but in an apartment high above the cloud left by the blast. I'm one of the lucky ones. One morning, I awoke to find my head was no longer attached to my body. I'm not dead, but who could call this a life? So I do what I can, in this city of freaks and subhuman creatures. I became... The Chumscrubber.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chumscrubber
                      You know I love you, B, but you are flat wrong. This is a very sad day.
                      Explain, if you will.

Comment

• ParkerF1
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Mar 2006

Carmine thx. Bantonelli... I'm with you... it can't hurt... but it certainly seems pointless. What a SHIT show at CBS (there u go Hitch... lol)

btw we're not sure what software is running behind the scenes here on the trading desk... they monitor our IMs heavily too... and any curses typed in any program are grabbed/captured... and the screen we're in is saved as a jpg and sent to compliance. fkn weak and scary...
                        just joined 3/31... the day the radio went silent.

Comment

• chumscrubber
                          Groupie
                          • Feb 2006

I doubt CBS programmers read emails from listeners - especially the listeners that liked the show in its original format. Even if they do, they only care about ratings and numbers and advertisement. So receiving emails from that 1.7 share that liked the show is not going to move them. They are obviously perfectly willing to sacrifice that 1.7 in the hopes of attracting a different demographic.

I sent them an email and I told them at 9:00 I am going to contact my stockbroker and instruct him to sell all my shares in CBS and Infinity. I doubt that will even get through to them.
                          Last edited by chumscrubber; 03-31-2006, 09:04 AM.
                          I live in a city, but in an apartment high above the cloud left by the blast. I'm one of the lucky ones. One morning, I awoke to find my head was no longer attached to my body. I'm not dead, but who could call this a life? So I do what I can, in this city of freaks and subhuman creatures. I became... The Chumscrubber.

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

DAVE DAVE DAVE! Make some MUSIC!!

Comment

• bantonelli
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chumscrubber
                              I doubt CBS programmers read emails from listeners - especially the listeners that liked the show in its original format. Even if they do, they only care about ratings and numbers and advertisement. So receiveing emails from that 1.7 share that liked the show is not going to move them. They are obviously perfectly willing to sacrifice that 1.7 in the hopes of attracting a different demographic.

I sent them an email and I told them at 9:00 I am going to contact my stockbroker and instruct him to sell all my shares in CBS and Infinity. I doubt that will even get through to them.
                              I do agree with you and YES, TODAY IS A VERY SAD DAY.

CBS is going to lose in this market.....period.

Comment

Working...