PDA

View Full Version : A lil' song battle royale one time right here nah...which tune flaps you flapjacks?!!

Loons The Great
04-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Which of these a here tunes is the heavyweight champion of blues rock nah yez??

DlocRoth
04-01-2006, 03:03 PM
No disrespect to the Diamond one, but I'm goin Zep.....

That song is just dirty.......

In a great way!

DavidLeeNatra
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
tough call between the stones and van rothin'... :confused:

Carmine
04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I gotta go with the Doors and "Roadhouse Blues" on this one...

that tune just kicks.

vheddyrmv8
04-01-2006, 11:30 PM
I probably would have chosen Since I've Been Lovin You or maybe even Bring It On Home...well Lemon Song gets my vote anyway, Zep took the blues to a whole new level.

DlocRoth
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Now let's say that VH set out to be a blues influenced band.....

Woulda blew em all outta the water.

But 3 quarters of that band can't even spell blues, so double D had to inject it in when he could.

DeadOrAlive
04-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Push Comes to Shove. Talk about some good stuff.

DavidLeeNatra
04-05-2006, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
But 3 quarters of that band can't even spell blues, so double D had to inject it in when he could.

right...ed ain't no blues man...

DlocRoth
04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe he could start now.....

He's gettin the lifestyle down....

trueblue
04-10-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
I probably would have chosen Since I've Been Lovin You or maybe even Bring It On Home...well Lemon Song gets my vote anyway, Zep took the blues to a whole new level.

I'd vote for the Lemon Song for sure...Plant's bluesy wails and vocal tricks are a delight..No doubt the Zepsters redefined blues rock with their aggressive, loud, heavy, manic-sonic interpretation of it in all their attempts (thanks to Jimmy mostly)...they also copped a lot of flak for being very shameless rip-offs too, constantly culling the blues treasure trove and passing off whole songs as their own, never willing to give proper credit to the original singers/writers...Lemon Song was originally the 'Killing Floor' by Howlin' Wolf(my best guess from memory) yet the album sleeve says Page/Plant/Jones....Bring It On Home is a fave of mine..Since I've Been Loving You was a bit over-rated maybe....i'd include Travelling Riverside Blues by Zep on the list..Roadhouse Blues could be my second vote..

trueblue
04-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Now let's say that VH set out to be a blues influenced band.....

Woulda blew em all outta the water.

C'mon, Eddie wasn't that bad at the blues...He let his blues influences hang out and show on many VH songs, mainly in the riff attacks on guitar...I always felt that Ed was just very self-conscious and too shy about the blues..But he could play it and he did...

DlocRoth
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
That's my point.

If Ed had the balls to let it all hang out...who knows?