Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Liberal Radio Net Taken Off Air In Los Angeles, Chicago After Only Two Weeks

AIR AMERICA 'BOUNCES CHECK'; LIBERAL RADIO NET TAKEN OFF AIR IN LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO AFTER ONLY TWO WEEKS
    Wed Apr 14 2004 16:18:43 ET

After just two weeks on the air, Air America Radio, the fledgling liberal talk-radio network featuring Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, appears to have encountered serious cash-flow problems.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is developing a story, insiders tell DRUDGE, on how the network was pulled off the air this morning in Chicago and Los Angeles, the network's second- and third-largest markets, because, the owner of both stations said, the network bounced a check and owes him more than $1 million! A charge the network strongly denies.

A Chicago source familiar with the situation said a Multicultural representative showed up at WNTD's offices Wednesday morning, kicked out Air America's lone staffer overseeing the network's feed to the station from New York, switched over to a Spanish-language feed, and changed the locks on the doors...

Air America filed a complaint Wednesday in New York state Supreme Court charging Multicultural with breaching their contract and seeking an injunction to force Multicultural to restore the Air America broadcast on both stations.

Developing...
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • Viking
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Heeheeheeheeheehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha*WHEEZE*hahahahahohohohohohohohahahah....:p :p :p :p :p
    Last edited by Viking; 04-14-2004, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

HAHAHAHA!!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yep.... no bias in the media

Air America isn't exactly liberal, in fact I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. But it's a damn site better than any of the FAUX/Fear Channel pod people and their propaganda shows.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

It's gotta be a conspiracy!

Oh, and Hahahahahahaha....Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who called two weeks, was it you Elvis?

Comment

• EAST COAST

it is poetic justice at its finest.. but i feel bad for the libs, even the mis lead uneducated deserve a forum.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know why people would want to listen to a station that was biased one way or the other.

I was listening to a Dallas DJ who was 10 steps to the right of Bush who just shouted any caller down that disagreed with him. He wasn't too sharp either. All seems a bit pointless to me.

Cheers!

Comment

• Rubnose

Originally posted by FORD
                    Yep.... no bias in the media

Air America isn't exactly liberal, in fact I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. But it's a damn site better than any of the FAUX/Fear Channel pod people and their propaganda shows.

Isn't exactly liberal? Are you kidding?

No wonder Elvis doesn't call you friend anymore.

But I still love you. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rubnose
                      Isn't exactly liberal? Are you kidding?

Nope. From what I've heard so far it's actually centrist, DLC approved Democratic programming. I hoped Franken would do better, but he seems to be holding back as opposed to his books.

Randi Rhodes - pictura a female Stern, cheerleading for Kerry constantly. Not my thing.

Now in full disclosure, I haven't heard Chuck D or Janeane Garafalo's shows . Hopefully they are more true to the liberal Democrat vision.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Apparantly no one else has heard them either.
                        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I listened a bit...

Chuck D is boring and amaturish...

Comment

• Wayne L.

Al Franken takes himself way too seriously these days since he won't be able to beat Rush Limbaugh anyway which is why Air America is bombing badly even though he has a right to his opinions.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I listened a bit...

Chuck D is boring and amaturish...
                              Give him some time. He's not used to talking without a beat.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...