X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conyo
    Groupie
    • Aug 2004

I can't do this anymore...

I have been a loyal CVH/DLR fan for over 23 years. I have been to shows, bought albums...the works. I cannot stand by here anymore and wait like a ugly chick on prom night for the reunion, which will never happen.

I cannot stand to see the band that I idolized become a joke and Roth become nothing more than the punchline. I do not want to hear how great a guitar player/musical genius was EVH was when he hasn't become a non-entity since "Right Now." With that said, I can no longer hear how DLR is "the man" or "the stud" when at 50 is kissing Tom Chiuosano and Les Mooves' ass to save his failing radio show. Folks, he's become rock and roll's equivalent to Adam West.

Rue the day they are ever inducted into the RRHoF. Their onstage antics will make Blondie and CCR seem tame in comparison. I am tired of the fans getting treated like garbage with their arrogance and animosity. Amazing that VH and DLR don't even give the press an interview, their fans decent merchandise (please don't tell me that the online site on DLR.com was good,) they don't vary the setlist for years and don't even their fans a decent website, even Thomas Dolby's site has more content and is updated and he's not nearly as relevant or historical in music as VH. The Atomic Punks' site has more stuff. It shows you how little both of them care about us.

EVH and DLR you've done it, you've really done it, you've lost me as a fan. I have a life to live and I simply don't have the time anymore. A reunion at this time, when they are fifty makes it even more pathetic and bittersweet. They are both horrible individuals and deserve everything that happens to them. I love the idea and the message of CVH, though I feel sorry for David Lee Roth and I despise Eddie and Alex Van Halen. I admire you folks on the message boards, you still believe. I wish I could too, but when i hear CVH lately, I just cringe when I think how far they've sunk.

With that said, I'm out...cancel my username. Thank you, but I can't do this anymore.
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

And you don't care sooo much that you had to tell us about it. Talk about a person that "doesn't have the time for this anymore."

Thank you. Please do not come again.

*Edited for sarcasm.
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• manwiththedogs
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

Re: I can't do this anymore...

Originally posted by conyo
      I have been a loyal CVH/DLR fan for over 23 years. I have been to shows, bought albums...the works. I cannot stand by here anymore and wait like a ugly chick on prom night for the reunion, which will never happen.

I cannot stand to see the band that I idolized become a joke and Roth become nothing more than the punchline. I do not want to hear how great a guitar player/musical genius was EVH was when he hasn't become a non-entity since "Right Now." With that said, I can no longer hear how DLR is "the man" or "the stud" when at 50 is kissing Tom Chiuosano and Les Mooves' ass to save his failing radio show. Folks, he's become rock and roll's equivalent to Adam West.

Rue the day they are ever inducted into the RRHoF. Their onstage antics will make Blondie and CCR seem tame in comparison. I am tired of the fans getting treated like garbage with their arrogance and animosity. Amazing that VH and DLR don't even give the press an interview, their fans decent merchandise (please don't tell me that the online site on DLR.com was good,) they don't vary the setlist for years and don't even their fans a decent website, even Thomas Dolby's site has more content and is updated and he's not nearly as relevant or historical in music as VH. The Atomic Punks' site has more stuff. It shows you how little both of them care about us.

EVH and DLR you've done it, you've really done it, you've lost me as a fan. I have a life to live and I simply don't have the time anymore. A reunion at this time, when they are fifty makes it even more pathetic and bittersweet. They are both horrible individuals and deserve everything that happens to them. I love the idea and the message of CVH, though I feel sorry for David Lee Roth and I despise Eddie and Alex Van Halen. I admire you folks on the message boards, you still believe. I wish I could too, but when i hear CVH lately, I just cringe when I think how far they've sunk.

With that said, I'm out...cancel my username. Thank you, but I can't do this anymore.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Thanks for sharing,NOT.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Cancel your username? And lose all your 57 posts?
          Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• Calderone
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

adam west ?
            where's the comparison ?

Comment

• The-Woobie
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Nov 2005

Nmmmmmm dip dip Mmmmnnnnmm
              Bum-ba-deeda-bum-ba-deeda bum-ba-deeda bum-ba-deeda (continued throughout)

Happy trails to you
              Until we meet again
              Happy trails to you
              Keep smilin' until then

Who (Ooh-ooh) cares about the clouds when we're together
              Just (Ahh-ahh-ahh) sing a song and think 'bout sunny weather

(two, three)
              Happy trails to you
              'Til we meet again
              (laughter)

Comment

• Flash Bastard

I sullied my pantaloon.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I can't really argue with most of what this guy said, but seriously.....

Who the fuck are you again?? :confused:
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"i'm leaving" threads suck.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                      adam west ?
                      where's the comparison ?
                      Hmmmm....must have something to do with Adam West being the "Original" Batman and for that, DLR still remains the "Original" Frontman of VH ??? ya think?

Conyo...Thank you very little.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Thomas Dolby's site has more content and is updated and he's not nearly as relevant or historical in music as VH. The Atomic Punks' site has more stuff. It shows you how little both of them care about us.
                        That's just fucking weird.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          I can't really argue with most of what this guy said, but seriously.....

Who the fuck are you again?? :confused:
                          my thoughts exactly...being a roth/CVH fan means being willing to suffer...some are some don't...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• EbDawson
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2004

With that said, I'm out...
                            Well . . . bye.
                            "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

He makes points, but who cares?

Welcome to the world of Van Halen fandom...none of this rant is news to any of us...

Bye.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...