X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Eddie Van Halen solo video

In Celebration of Fair Warnings 25th anniversary!

<style>.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}</style><div id='Title' style='font:bold 11px verdana'><a class='hov' style='display:block;width:300px;border:solid 2px black;padding:5px' <p><embed name='RAOCXplayer' src='http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/v/van_halen/guitar_solo_live_702859.asx' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='300' autostart='true' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></a><p style="margin:3px 0px"><a
  • guwapo_rocker

GREAT to see some video of Eddie back in the day

when he could play!!!!

Comment

• scorpioboy33
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

For Gods sakes thank for reminding me why this guy is worth all the BS

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Now THAT'S the Eddie Van Halen I wanted to be when I grew up. The King is gone but he's not forgotten.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EDDIE!!! PLEASE GET SOME FUCKING HELP!!!
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• danielc
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

For some reason it's not working for me. Could you post a link?
          http://classicvanhalen.com/photopost...o=3712&cat=528

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Let me guess. The Buenos Aries, Argentina concert 1983.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Let me guess. The Buenos Aries, Argentina concert 1983.
              YOU BEAT ME TO IT

But you're right.

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

That aint shit.. You wanna see Eddie at his absolute best watch the live without a net video.

Never has nor will ever be a better Eddie than that.
                -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
                  That aint shit.. You wanna see Eddie at his absolute best watch the live without a net video.

Never has nor will ever be a better Eddie than that.
                  You're gonna hear it for that comment. But I was at that show in San Diego. He played great and I had a lot of fun. Was it CVH or the 1984 tour? Not by a long shot. Still had a good time though. At least on the 5150 tour, they still played mostly CVH because they only had 1 album of new material.

By the way, almost every time I've seen VH, they have had basically a no name band open. Anyone know why?
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
                    Roadie
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                    GREAT to see some video of Eddie back in the day

when he could play!!!!

I'm crying my eyes out right now!
                    WTF went so wrong with it all?
                    http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• SGV
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      By the way, almost every time I've seen VH, they have had basically a no name band open. Anyone know why?
                      Very good point...

The bands that I remember opening for them, actually went on to become pretty well known. Maybe opening for VH was their meal ticket. (Except the 2004 tour...)

I've seen Alice In Chains, Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard open for them. Four pretty big names, who were nobodies at the time.

Could have been the same tour manager/promoter/record company pushing the "new talent."

sv

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

look at the man!!
                        Those days we just never forget.

Comment

• amadeus
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

I saw them in Pensacola in the early '90s and Alice In Chains opened for them. Great show by both.

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
                            Roadie
                            • Apr 2006

WARF, thanks for posting that. This is the first and only time I've seen EVH play like that "live." I'm a longtime fan that never saw a CVH show. Watching it makes me angry and very sad that I probably never will see CVH in concert.
                            I have heard that both Eddie and Dave are going through some difficult times right now. I'm hoping these difficulties are becoming an eye-opening, self analysis time in life for both of them. Perhaps soon they will put all bad blood behind them and mature into wonderful middle age men, and think about going back to what they once knew: How to create magic together! Perhaps some therapy a la "Some Kind Of Monster" style is in order? Seriously, I am truly concerned for Eddie's health after seeing recent pictures of him. Whatever is wrong, I hope he finds help soon and begins the road to good health. I worry that I'm going to turn on the t.v. one morning and find out that he has died due to drug overdose or some physical illness that could have been treated. Then it will be too late. Witnessing the magic of CVH will be just be in my imagination. Life is too short to waste time.
                            http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mt. Krakalak

WARF, thanks for posting that. This is the first and only time I've seen EVH play like that "live." I'm a longtime fan that never saw a CVH show. Watching it makes me angry and very sad that I probably never will see CVH in concert.
                              I have heard that both Eddie and Dave are going through some difficult times right now. I'm hoping these difficulties are becoming an eye-opening, self analysis time in life for both of them. Perhaps soon they will put all bad blood behind them and mature into wonderful middle age men, and think about going back to what they once knew: How to create magic together! Perhaps some therapy a la "Some Kind Of Monster" style is in order? Seriously, I am truly concerned for Eddie's health after seeing recent pictures of him. Whatever is wrong, I hope he finds help soon and begins the road to good health. I worry that I'm going to turn on the t.v. one morning and find out that he has died due to drug overdose or some physical illness that could have been treated. Then it will be too late. Witnessing the magic of CVH will be just be in my imagination. Life is too short to waste time.
                              Great post!
                              I concur completely.

Comment

Working...