X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Everyone Stares

They should have released it in movie theaters first. Nothing beats the big screen.

Don't miss Sting going mad and yelling "Fuck off!!!" to dudes fighting in the audience in the end, while Stew's peacefully playing his drums and most coolly addressing his camera ("There's a fight going on"). Funny stuff, even if not always unreleased.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PmVOkcUZQc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PmVOkcUZQc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

The movie is essentially made of Copeland's own footage. The Police hanging around in the studio, on stage, shooting vids and traveling, as seen from the inside. Cool.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

They should release The Police Around The World on DVD. Please. My million year old VHS copy is finally shitting the bed.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        They should release The Police Around The World on DVD.
        Sure. They could release SOME stuff... Meanwhile, how many shitty bands have a fucking large catalogue...

By the way, I recently downloaded a song, "Don't box me in", that Stewart Copeland made along with the soundtrack of a film entitled "Rumblefish". It's Stan Ridgway on vocals (I know no other song by him, but anyway, he's got a very interesting voice IMO).
        I only bootlegged the song on FM radio back then in 1984; I always thought it was Copeland himself on vocals as it's very close to the voice you hear on "Does everyone stare" on Reggatta de Blanc. Most original stuff, I really dig that song.

Comment

• Diver Down NJ
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

Stan Ridgway is the guy from Wall of Voodoo ("Mexican Radio").

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
            Stan Ridgway is the guy from Wall of Voodoo ("Mexican Radio").
            Cheers! I didn't know, though I've had "Seven Days in Sammystown" for years, but to be precise, it was a tape and it has long worn out...

In fact, on "Don't box me in", you could also mistake him for Andy Summers. Great voice.

BTW, Summers' songs were great too, stuff like "Behind my Camel" or "Friends" (one of the most kickass unreleased tracks in "Message in a box", the complete recordings).
            I don't think I'd have ever got interested in Sting, hadn't he and Stu Copeland been part of the Police.

PS: Youtube are "currently working out new changes in the site", so that no vids can be seen for now. I just hope it won't be too long till it starts again.

Comment

Working...