X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

sound proofing my garage

ok im in a band and we have had the police called on us multiple times now...other than the exspensive sound proofing equipment, what is a good alternitive? i have heard egg cartons work well due to their shape, any other ideas
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

What's the condition of the walls? If they are actual walls rather than just studs, try covering them with carpet and shipping blankets...never had much luck with egg cartons.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Redballjets88
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i tried that blanket thing im thinking about covering blankets with egg cartons for like a double layer type thing

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I would double the blankets before even trying the egg cartons...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sagebrush
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2005

I never tryed that stuff so i don't know how it works . I went to lowes and got foam insulation its about 2 inchs thick it comes in a 4 x 8 sheet and works great . If i remember right it was like 2$ or 3$ a sheet and it works very good .

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i know the blankets wont work, the reason im trying the egg cartons is because the guy at guitar center told me it worked, i dont know my garage is pretty big and it really sucks bc we cant do any playing until we get this over with

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Go to one of the mattress stores and tell them you want the ones they haul away when delivering the new ones. Just lean them against the walls or whatever.

It works.

When rehearsal is lacking...look at the stains on 'em and focus.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah or i could just go to goodwill and like buy 4 for like 30 dollars

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

STYROFOAM SM

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                    yeah or i could just go to goodwill and like buy 4 for like 30 dollars
                    Good point. And while you're there, grab some old 8-track players and toaster ovens. When reahearsals' REALLY get stale, smash 'em into a pile, and pour the gas out of the lawn mower on it.

Fucking flambe' that pile of stuff and rock the fuck out.

If the neighbors' cuntplain about that, tell 'em it was just rehearsal....like insinuating their house could be next.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Good point. And while you're there, grab some old 8-track players and toaster ovens. When reahearsals' REALLY get stale, smash 'em into a pile, and pour the gas out of the lawn mower on it.

Fucking flambe' that pile of stuff and rock the fuck out.

If the neighbors' cuntplain about that, tell 'em it was just rehearsal....like insinuating their house could be next.
                      In this case....forget the SM...I think it's fire proof. Could

kinda put a damper on things.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                        In this case....forget the SM...I think it's fire proof. Could

kinda put a damper on things.
                        Exactly.

Inspired, fucking no-nonsense ROCK AND ROLL thrives in a wreckless environment. Another option you might consider is having two or three rattlesnakes loose in the garage. This aspect denotes the use of sidearms' by the bandmembers. A snake comes slithering out in the middle of the pain-in-the-ass bridge? The whole band just starts blasting the fuck out of it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Just don't hang flamable foam on the walls and invite Great White to play there with their pyrotechnical show.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

run a jet turbine engine in the driveway that way it covers the noise of your band playing.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

20 count egg flat squares are not paper and don't burn, they're made of paper blended with rag bond which is like recycled cotton clothing and wood dust paste.

I've used them, you tack them up with a dab of Liquid Nails caulking in each corner plus a dab in center where you tack a roofing tack in to hold onto the wall while the glue dries.

You start at the bottom at a corner somewhere then go all the way across, then up the corner, then filling in tri-angularly to keep things square.

Reading an online tutorial about setting tile, placement is alot like tilesetting because you want to keep the layout straight and the crates aren't perfectly square - they will give you "run-out" problems due to their being inconsistent in size so sometimes you'll have to jockey a gap between rows to makeup for runout.

Also, you may have to buy the egg flats by the stack and they're not cheap, but it's still the most cost effective wallcovering for sonic absorption besides free acoustic ceiling tiles.

Comment

Working...