Purported Bin Laden Tape Offers Truce to Europe-TV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/353438|top|04-15-2004::02:05|reuters.html

Apr 15, 2:03 AM (ET)

DUBAI (Reuters) - Arab television stations aired a new audio tape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday offering a truce with European states if they stop attacking Muslims, but not with the United States.

The voice on the tape, broadcast by Dubai-based Al Arabiya channel and then by Qatar-based Al Jazeera station, said there would be no truce with the United States.

The taped message also vowed revenge on Israel for the death of Hamas leader Ahmed Yassin, killed last month in Gaza.

It was not immediately possible to verify the authenticity of the tape though the voice sounded like previous tapes thought to be genuine. The CIA has said some previous tapes purportedly from bin Laden were likely to be genuine.

Bin Laden's al Qaeda network is blamed by Washington for the September 11, 2001, attacks on U.S. cities.

The tape said the March 11 train bombings in Madrid that killed 191 people were payment for Spain's actions in Iraq, Afghanistan and "Palestine."

"What happened on September 11 and March 11 are your goods returned to you so that you know security is a necessity for all," the voice on the tape said.

Madrid sent troops to Iraq after Saddam Hussein was toppled and also has a contingent in Afghanistan. Militants claiming links to al Qaeda have claimed responsibility for the Madrid bombings, which have raised pressure on the government to withdraw Spanish troops from Iraq.
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I'll bet the Euro-weinies are just absolutely giddy at the prospect at surrenderring to OBL.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe I should have added fake Bin Laden tapes to my poll in House of Music
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• High Life Man
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Wow...the EU shows balls and rejects the "offer."

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

That's somewhat surprising.
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• John Ashcroft
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

I thought we were acting uni-laterally?????????????

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I thought the French were "cheese eating surrender monkeys"??

Or was that Sammy Hagar? :confused:
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                I thought the French were "cheese eating surrender monkeys"??

They still are. Even they couldn't act like total cunts to a video threat.

Or was that Sammy Hagar? :confused:

Both.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• lucky wilbury

bump because i referenced it in another thread

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                    bump because i referenced it in another thread
                    Ok, but this is supposedly Osama talking about Europe. There's no mention of a "truce" with Canada here. :confused:
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lucky wilbury

this was just a short article on it when it was first breaking. it covered canada as well under the all the countries that are helping the "infidels" in afghanistan.

Comment

Working...