PDA

View Full Version : Vicious Attack Bitch Condi Rice Goes Off On Iran

Hardrock69
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Rice on Iran: 'We can't let this continue'
Russia, Britain also blast Tehran's nuclear move

Wednesday, April 12, 2006; Posted: 1:25 p.m. EDT (17:25 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday that it is "time for action" on the international demands for Iran to cease its uranium enrichment activities.

Iran said Tuesday it had enriched uranium at a level of concentration high enough to operate a nuclear power plant, defying last month's U.N. Security Council presidential statement calling for Tehran to suspend the program.

"When the Security Council reconvenes [later this month], I think it will be time for action," Rice said. "We can't let this continue."

Rice did not elaborate on what type of action the Security Council should take, but senior department officials said it could include a move to impose a travel ban against Iranian officials and freezing assets of the regime.

The latter is already in effect in the United States, but a U.N. resolution on similar action would require approval of all 185 U.N. members.

Foreign ministers in Russia and Britain on Wednesday joined the United States in expressing concern about Iran's announcement.

"Definitely, this is a step in the wrong direction," said Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Krivtsov. "It runs counter to the [International Atomic Energy Agency] board of governors resolutions and a statement by the U.N. Security Council president."

British Foreign Minister Jack Straw said he was "seriously concerned" by Iran's declaration and urged Tehran to suspend its sensitive nuclear work and return to talks.

"The latest Iranian statement further undermines international confidence in the Iranian regime and is deeply unhelpful," Straw said Wednesday in a statement. (Full story)

The West, led by the United States, believes that Iran plans to build nuclear weapons and says the move only underscores why the global community has serious concerns about Tehran's nuclear ambitions. (Watch what Iran's announcement could mean in the future -- 2:06)

Iran has said it has a right to produce nuclear fuel for peaceful purposes.

"This latest announcement is a step that is further going to isolate Iran," Rice said. "It demonstrates that Iran is not adhering to the international community's requirements, and I do think the Security Council will need to take into consideration this move by Iran.

"And it will be time when it reconvenes on this case for strong steps to make certain we maintain the credibility of the international community."

Rice said that Iran had failed on "many opportunities to negotiate in good faith."
IAEA chief headed to Iran

IAEA Director-General Mohammed ElBaradei is traveling to Tehran this week for talks. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov pointed out that the trip already had been scheduled. (Full story)

"We back more intensive contacts between Iran and the IAEA and urge Iran to cooperate actively," Lavrov told reporters.

"I would not make any conclusions in haste," he added. "Emotions run high too often over the Iranian nuclear program. As I've said on many occasions, Russia's task is to rule out violations of the nuclear weapons nonproliferation regime."

Spokesman Sean McCormack said that Rice called ElBaradei in advance of his meeting in Tehran.

Talks between Iran and Britain, France and Germany stalled in January when Iran began small-scale uranium enrichment and ended its voluntary cooperation with the IAEA, which had been conducting surprise inspections.

IAEA inspectors are at a facility in Natanz, Iran, but it is unclear whether they witnessed the enrichment process, which took place Sunday. (Uranium enrichment explainer)

Gholamreza Aghazadeh, head of Iran's atomic energy agency, said Natanz had used an array of 164 centrifuges to enrich uranium at 3.5 percent -- a low-grade level sufficient to run a power plant but far below the 90 percent required for weapons.

On Wednesday, Iran's deputy nuclear chief said his country intends to increase production at Natanz to the facility's full capacity of 54,000 centrifuges.

Mohammad Saeedi told Iran's Mehr News Agency that at full capacity, Natanz would provide enough low-grade uranium to operate a 1,000-megawatt power station.

Saeedi gave no timetable to reach the 54,000-centrifuge operation but said the country would have 3,000 centrifuges operational by next March.

Nuclear weapons require many thousands of centrifuges.

According to the IAEA, 31 nations have nuclear power plants, either in operation or under construction.

Bush administration officials say they are pursuing a diplomatic solution with Iran even as they have been fending off questions over a report in this week's issue of The New Yorker magazine that preparations for military strikes on Iran -- possibly including nuclear weapons -- have gone "beyond contingency planning." ( Watch how Iran poses much different diplomatic obstacles than Iraq -- 2:00)

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dismissed the article by journalist Seymour Hersh as a trip to "fantasyland."

"Let me be clear: The department's policy is the president's policy," Rumsfeld said. "President Bush and America's allies are on a diplomatic track."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/12/iran.nuclear/index.html

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-12-2006, 03:27 PM
So, HR, what's the problem? The administration IS pursuing a diplomatic path. So let's say that fails...what do YOU propose we do? Let Iran begin bombing Israel? US embassies? Destroy oil fields throughout the mid-east?

Share your thoughts...

frets5150
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN
:rolleyes:

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
HERE WE GO AGAIN
:rolleyes:

I would expect this time around the UN will support any action the administration takes, since this time there is a validity to the claims.

So...let's say the UN does support any military action the US takes...would you still protest? Why?

Guitar Shark
04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
I would expect this time around the UN will support any action the administration takes, since this time there is a validity to the claims.

So...let's say the UN does support any military action the US takes...would you still protest? Why?

STFU.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
STFU.

I was prepared for any and all retorts...

...but that...

floyd95
04-12-2006, 04:50 PM
iran's threats mean very little...

and if they take out israel, then i'm wrong and we go and blow them up

Guitar Shark
04-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I was prepared for any and all retorts...

...but that...

Less babbling and more STFUing!!!! :mad:

floyd95
04-12-2006, 05:14 PM

now that's funny...

Hardrock69
04-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Chimpy and his klowns were making plans to take on Iran long ago.

Yeah sure...we will try diplomacy blah blah blah.

Anyone with any sense knows the ragheads will resist all efforts to tell them what to do.

It is like on an individual level over there, a man is not a man unless he has an AK-47.

Same thing, but on a national/global scale.

They do not see themselves as being validated unless they can have the BIG boom stick.

I say let Russia take care of it.

We have our hands full.

Oh, and EMA? Shut the fuck up.
;)

frets5150
04-12-2006, 05:30 PM

There is no validity to the claims What are we the only Country allowed to have Nukes? Who's next N Korea are Military is overwhelmed now.If this keeps up we are going to have to call on the Boy Scouts and salvation army for help.But seriously FUCK the UN they did not do anything the first time around when everyone was telling America we were wrong about WMD which we were and we did not listen. Now look at the ABORTION we started.
:gulp:

BITEYOASS
04-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Fuck, another six months in Iraq for me. :mad:

Dr. Love
04-12-2006, 09:14 PM

<3 GS

Nickdfresh
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by floyd95
iran's threats mean very little...

and if they take out israel, then i'm wrong and we go and blow them up

Israel already has Nukie nukes... (about 30-70 tactical sized party-poppers is the best guess)...

If Iran attacks Israel with any weapon of mass destruction, there won't be enough virgins for everybody to get 72... They'll either have to share, or count out a few whores to make up the balance...

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/missile_systems/air_missiles/popeye_turbo/popeye_turbo_1.gif
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/missile_systems/air_missiles/popeye_turbo/Popeye_Turbo.html http://math.fce.vutbr.cz/safarik/ACES/aces1/idf-af/f-15_idf-af.jpg

Hardrock69
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
No shit.