PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna catch alot of heat for this...

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm sorry guys this is one of TWO songs I like from the Van Hagar catelogue... and this is one of eddies best riffs ever... great solo too.... I fucking hate Van Hagar... but I will admit I love this song... Eddie will the fucking drill was classic... lol

Still don't buy the album though... lol
FUCK MAN...im kinda drunk right now... lol
This song and pleasure dome are the only good songs songs Van Hagar has ever done... and I liked this performance...lol
But fuck Sammy Hagar anyways lol

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MWzkHSYsXs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MWzkHSYsXs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:11 AM
If Dave did it instead of sammy... it would be one of my top 5 favorites... just listen to Eddie!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry how can you not love Eddie at the beginning with the drill in his hand???

lol

fuck im drunk lol

the solo also kicked ass...

But I digress...

Sammy Hagar is a fat piece of shit!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:18 AM
It was like watching Eddie's last hurrah of GREATNESS!
Seriously...
One final classic...
I'm normally annoyed by Hagar too...
He's actually wearing an outfit that matches....
It's weird alot of DLR fans like myself...
If they have to pick our one Van Hagar song they like..
It's poundcake... strange...

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:26 AM
fuck dude... i watched it 4 times in row...

i need to go to reehib hab

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:27 AM
will soembody back me up before i get srent to the pen?

WARF
04-18-2006, 12:27 AM
mitt white help>?

sadaist
04-18-2006, 12:28 AM
The drill is classic.

sadaist
04-18-2006, 12:30 AM
They had some good songs with Sam. They don't compare with CVH. But if you take them for what they are, just rock songs from the 90's, they were better than a lot of the crap out there.

sadaist
04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Watching the video, this was probably when they were at their best with Hagar. Plus Sammy isn't fat and his hair is decent. Before he went full blown Jimmy Buffet.

FORD
04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I heard that they did this one on the VDIII tour with Eddie using Gary's vibrator instead of the drill.

FORD
04-18-2006, 12:53 AM
And the only thing gayer than that was Eddie and bass player jumping off the drum riser.

Did they think they were Dave??

Matt White
04-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by WARF
mitt white help>?

We'll try and talk you down WARF...

Put on FAIR WARNING.....

CRANK THAT FUCKING STEREO.....

CONTINUE TO DRINK HEAVILY..........

SMOKE THAT LAST SHORTY.................

Tomorrow...you'll be yourself again...........

Poundcake sucks dog balls...by the way....

Paul Gilbert should have sued Sped for stealing the drill routine........

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
The drill is classic.

I knew you would never betray my apostle, John ... bill... im ean!

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:28 AM
I just listened tp van halen Ii it's in its entrity!!!

I a;m back to nromal!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:29 AM
damn you borubon damn u striaght to hell!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:38 AM
ij ust pissed on a cat ourside

Matt White
04-18-2006, 01:40 AM
HA!!!

Now...find that hit of blotter...burn that jib....and relax.......

:cool:

DIVER DOWN is a good CD for kicking back........

sadaist
04-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by WARF
damn you bourbon damn u straight to hell!!!

I drink way too much Jim Beam. I remember a few years back they had a rupture which flooded the local river/stream with Jim Beam. I almost made a trip to Kentucky. At least if you get really drunk and start lsitening to VH III, you won't remember the next day.

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:42 AM
fuck that, where's joew thunder i need a line of coke!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:47 AM
i fucked m y grifriends sister, and now she hates mee and now im drrunk

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
I drink way too much Jim Beam. I remember a few years back they had a rupture which flooded the local river/stream with Jim Beam. I almost made a trip to Kentucky. At least if you get really drunk and start lsitening to VH III, you won't remember the next day.

m such an idoit she hates me now

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
look whaats become of me, im watchin' van hagar videos now

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:50 AM
i needto talk to a woman, who wants my phone number?
i wana fuck

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:52 AM
im fuckin wasted i drank the last bottle of bourbon aand i pissed on my neighbors cat

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:53 AM
who wants my phone number im wasteed

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
i just got a text message that my girlfriend hates me cuz i fucked all her friendsm, execpt for allison,

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:56 AM
i need a joint lol uhlolllll

WARF
04-18-2006, 01:58 AM
who wants to party the mighty warf????????
i got a 1/3 of a bottle of jd left, and tickler condom in my wallet/?
fuck the ho
bitches!!!
let's get drunk amd high!!!

WARF
04-18-2006, 02:02 AM
this must be jus like livin in paradise and i don't wanna go home!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8j-EJYSkovU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8j-EJYSkovU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

sadaist
04-18-2006, 02:21 AM
You need help WARF. By the way, why haven't you fucked Allison yet?

WARF
04-18-2006, 02:34 AM
oooh fuck man... i kept believe rambled all those posts... delte them goodnight i think lol

WARF
04-18-2006, 02:35 AM
LOL delete this thread, I was thinking out loud! :D

sadaist
04-18-2006, 02:53 AM

Seshmeister
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Three problems with this.

1) Hagar as usual, can't write a melody to save his life

2) This is when Eddie stopped innovating and started ripping people off. The drill thing had been done a year or two before by Mr Big.

3) Why is it after 1984 Eddie had no idea how to end a guitar solo, every single time he seems to lose the plot halfway through.

Golden AWe
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
The funny thing about the official Poundcake video is that it, somehow the first and only impressive Van Hagar video, they had to go to the themes they had with Dave, that is wet, hot girls rubbing each other...ahahahha

The fact that Eddie went with "heavier" sounds on this one makes me think what if he had skipped the keyboards and stayed in heavy guitar-oriented music from 5150 on...well, turns out he was rippin' off and stealing, and that no matter how you look at it, Sammy is just a gay roger daltrey/robert plant-wannabe with an annoying voice, no matter how much people explain he hit the high notes better than Dave...ahahah

If they had gotten someone like Brian Johnson and just written some guitar-oriented hard rock-music who knows if they would've gotten respectable?

Vinnie Velvet
04-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
The funny thing about the official Poundcake video is that it, somehow the first and only impressive Van Hagar video, they had to go to the themes they had with Dave, that is wet, hot girls rubbing each other...ahahahha

The fact that Eddie went with "heavier" sounds on this one makes me think what if he had skipped the keyboards and stayed in heavy guitar-oriented music from 5150 on...well, turns out he was rippin' off and stealing, and that no matter how you look at it, Sammy is just a gay roger daltrey/robert plant-wannabe with an annoying voice, no matter how much people explain he hit the high notes better than Dave...ahahah

If they had gotten someone like Brian Johnson and just written some guitar-oriented hard rock-music who knows if they would've gotten respectable?

I have to agree with ya.

While the drill thing was neat --- the song, like many Van Hagar songs, starts somewhat promising, but just ends up going nowhere and unwelcomes its stay.

I mean, the song is way too long for what it is. And Hagar is annoying as usual.

Dave would've structured it so much better than what it was.

Again, it showcases Eddie's 'lazy riffing' -- I mean, this was the guy who did "DOA" and so on.

sadaist
04-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

Yeah, the Brian Johnson patented "I've been gargling with broken glass & rusty nails" sound is incredible.

Terry
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Have said it before...with every Van Hagar release, there were a few good instrumental ideas trying to get out, but then Chubby opens his Wabohole and blows it.

Poundcake had a decent rhythm going on...F*U*C*K* was the best Van Hagar got in terms of production and sound...Pleasuredome had some neat musical passages on it...

And no shit Ed got lost during that Poundcake solo. Big-fucking time. Sounded like he was warming up or taking a first pass at laying one down, then decided to go drinking instead: "What time is it? Bar's open?! Well, good thing I nailed that solo, eh?" Producer rolls eyes.

Golden AWe
04-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Yeah, the Brian Johnson patented "I've been gargling with broken glass & rusty nails" sound is incredible.

Brian Johnson fits AC/DC perfectly.

Golden AWe
04-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Have said it before...with every Van Hagar release, there were a few good instrumental ideas trying to get out, but then Chubby opens his Wabohole and blows it.

Poundcake had a decent rhythm going on...F*U*C*K* was the best Van Hagar got in terms of production and sound...Pleasuredome had some neat musical passages on it...

And no shit Ed got lost during that Poundcake solo. Big-fucking time. Sounded like he was warming up or taking a first pass at laying one down, then decided to go drinking instead: "What time is it? Bar's open?! Well, good thing I nailed that solo, eh?" Producer rolls eyes.

The jamming and solo part in House Of Pain is a good example, a very old example of how these parts sound good IF they are fit into the songs. With Hagar they had a person who would let Eddie get lost big time and you can hear it in these Up For Breakfasts ahahaha...

Romeo Delight
04-19-2006, 04:06 AM
I must admit I've tried using my cordless in the same way but it's a fucking sonofabitch Milwaukee 18 volt hammer-drill. Almost needed physiotherapy.

Pound-cake indeed:(

What are you drinking, Absinthe?

Dirty Duck
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
this was an amusing thread...

Hope the hangover wasnt too bad kid...

Mr Grimsdale
04-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I heard that they did this one on the VDIII tour with Eddie using Gary's vibrator instead of the drill.

oh blimey!
(cue sid james laugh)

ELVIS
04-19-2006, 06:54 PM
The live Poundcake is better than the Paradise video...

Roy Munson
04-21-2006, 05:32 PM
How come he could spell out the title of the thread fine, but then went downhill as he kept posting?

I'm assuming WARF was completely coherent and sober when he was watching Van Hagar vids.

Was he even drinking?

Unchainme
04-21-2006, 05:58 PM
I think Van Hagar FUCK through The Twister Soundtrack had a few decent moments, where you could tell that had Roth rejoined the Group at that moment They would sound very Kickass Indeed. Poundcake is a song that would've sond grate if Dave's Bluesy Me Wise Magic style vocals were in it instead of Spammy turning the tune into cheesecake.

Jack68
04-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I think Van Hagar FUCK through The Twister Soundtrack had a few decent moments, where you could tell that had Roth rejoined the Group at that moment They would sound very Kickass Indeed. Poundcake is a song that would've sond grate if Dave's Bluesy Me Wise Magic style vocals were in it instead of Spammy turning the tune into cheesecake.
Bravo.I love cheese cake dont hate me.The desert.

EbDawson
04-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

Paul Gilbert should have sued Sped for stealing the drill routine........

Ed's story was that he was screwing around (literally) in the studio with a drill when he noticed that the sound was coming thru his amps. Personally, I call bullshit on that story but who knows? Similarity to Gilbert who had been doing it for years in Racer X was too fishy.

sadaist
04-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Who cares if someone did it before him. How many people have ripped Eddie off? Dang, just about everything has been done at some point or another by someone. It all comes down to who can do it the best.

EbDawson
04-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Yeah, but if the Mighty Edward Van Halen copys you, that's something!