PDA

View Full Version : George Bush: Voice of the working man.

rustoffa
04-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Click here (http://members.cox.net/macallan_the/GW/GWBush1_Start.htm)

Jesus Christ
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Verily how can one who hath not worked a day in his life be the voice of the working man?

For even I, the Messiah, the living embodiment of God Myself did work with Mine own hands, in the carpentry business of My stepfather Joseph, and later I did fish with My friends and apostles. The Son of Bush cannot make these claims, and his supporters should not bear the false witness that he has :(

Sarge
04-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily how can one who hath not worked a day in his life be the voice of the working man?

:(

LOL
Good one.

rustoffa
04-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Did you see him carrying that rubbish????

FORD
04-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Did you see him carrying that rubbish????

Is that a reference to his foreign policy, or his economic plan? ;)

steve
04-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Wow.
Kind of ironic that a portrait of the "working man" starts off and closes with video stills of Bush VACATIONING on his Ranch.
It also doesn't mention that in Bush's four years he has taken more vacation than any President in US history.

Also, those statistics don't take into account the biggest issues...
1. Unemployment at the end of Clinton admin was about 3.5%...now it's near 6%. Also, there are RECORD NUMBERS of undocumented people who have STOPPED LOOKING FOR WORK (aka: "Post-Unemployment"). Unemployment only counts people who are on the unemployment rolls - that last 6 months.
2. Cost of living includes things like health care - families pretty much have too have this and it costs about $10,000 a year for a family of four - MINIMUM. Bush has decided to reward drug companies instead of helping families, plain and simple. two parents working at wal-mart (37K...minus taxes...minues health care...minus rent/mortgage...minus food...= about zero.
3. College tuition is at record highs because of federal tax cuts and thus less money to the states - college largley being the vehicle that enables the poor and middle class to move up.
4. More and more college graduates and skilled workers are working in the "service industry" (aka: Wal-Mart and TArget and Dominos) - at low wages. Sure they are employed...but what good is it really? They are employed at a monopoly that discurages unions and has run 20 smaller privately run stores in town out of business on a zoning break they got from bribing a county official?
5. We are rewarding companies like HALIBURTON (which has hundreds of offshore companies - including IRAN...IRAN!!!) with tax breaks for offshoring jobs instead of rewarding them with tax breaks for keeping jobs here (those "skilled" jobs...)

6. With regards to home ownership being at a record high - I personally would disagree with that being such a damn good thing - mortgage defaults are also going up at an alarming pace due to banks' current relaxed practices of lending...so, this last one being more my personal opinion - I'm not so sure this is all it is cracked up to be...but it will take a few more years for it all to pan out.

There so, so, so much more to say.

ELVIS
04-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by steve
Wow.
1. Unemplyment at the end of Clinton admin was about 3.5%...now it's near 6%.

Lying bastard...

steve
04-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Whatever Elvis...go to the bureau of labor statistics at www.bls.gov and look it up for yourself. The exact number was 4.1% average for 1999 and 4.0% average for 1998 with several dips into the 3.5% range in each year.

Anyway, to sum up my thoughts...
my problem with Bush over the economy is several-fold:
1. Upon winning in November, the first thing him and Cheney started doing was talking about how we were headed for recession - THIS IS SOMETHING LEADERS SHOULD NEVER DO because the economy is about the faith of the consumer. There were widespread reports at the time that Haliburton and Enron had made record stock sales shortly before Bush and Cheney began using the word "recession". However, post 911, nobody paid attention to these goings on.

2. the rise in unemployment had a lot to do with 911, but besdes that, the lazy ass vacationing, rewarding drug companies, cutting taxes for the rich while not for the middle class and poor Bush has done NOTHING...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help with his considerable position of influence.

3. Too pigheaded to confront issues that are technically outside "nice big numbers" like "shipping orders" and "consumer spending"...
such as health care, cost of living, & college education. While the cost of cancerous consumerism goes down and down, enablling folks to buy cheaper gas guzzing cars and mid-numbing $99 dollar TVs, the bare eccentials (health care, housing, education) go up and up - stifling lower and middle class people with a lifestyle of corporeal junk and less and less upward mobility.
F that loser Bush.

BigBadBrian
04-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by steve

1. Upon winning in November, the first thing him and Cheney started doing was talking about how we were headed for recession - THIS IS SOMETHING LEADERS SHOULD NEVER DO because the economy is about the faith of the consumer.

You're right..........they shouldn't have said it. However, the economy was indeed headed for a recession, one that began in March 0f 2000, with 10 months of Clinton's dog and pony show left. For your information, the roller coaster ride Clinton/Gore rode to "economic prosperity" began 22 months before they took office.

:gulp:

ELVIS
04-17-2004, 04:24 PM
The lowest average unemployment rate was 4.2 percent in 1999...

FORD
04-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You're right..........they shouldn't have said it. However, the economy was indeed headed for a recession, one that began in March 0f 2000, with 10 months of Clinton's dog and pony show left. For your information, the roller coaster ride Clinton/Gore rode to "economic prosperity" began 22 months before they took office.

:gulp:

That is incorrect. The recession began in March 2001

How do I know this?

Because FAUX News (http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Recession+began+March+2001&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=www.foxnews.com&safe=images) told me so. And you know they can't be wrong ;)

BigBadBrian
04-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That is incorrect. The recession began in March 2001

How do I know this?

Because FAUX News (http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Recession+began+March+2001&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=www.foxnews.com&safe=images) told me so. And you know they can't be wrong ;)

You're both wrong. ;)

John Ashcroft
04-19-2004, 09:38 AM
So, I guess the question is how'd President Bush get all those people fired?