X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Def Leppard - Me & My Wine

Def Leppard is NOTHING without Pete Willis!!!

Here's Me & My Wine... a song only released on the UK version of HIGH N' DRY!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5irgYeDM2qU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5irgYeDM2qU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Bring back PETE WILLIS DAMNIT!!!
    YOU FUCKING SUCK WITHOUT HIM!!!!

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Vivian your a FUCKING SELLOUT!!!
      Go listen to HOLY DIVER!!!!

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Joe Elliot could have been the greatest frontman from the UK ever!
        And you turned into a PUSSY!!!
        I WANT PETE WILLIS BITCHES!!!!
        Why the fuck did a bunch of alcoholics fire an alcoholic?!?!!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, it's on the US version of High & Dry too. Or it least it is on my copy. Along with the pussified "remix" of "Bringing On The Heartbreak" - which stripped Pete Willis' rhythm guitar out and replaced it with synthesizer bullshit.

This video was actually made after Pyromania, which is why wuss boy Phil Collen is miming to a guitar part which he never recorded.

Def Leppard went downhill the day they fired Pete Willis, there's no doubt about that. And I find it hard to swallow the hypocrisy of a band that would later lose another 1 1/2 members to alcoholism actually fired Willis for drinking. I'm more inclined to believe Mutt Lange had something to do with it. Look at the way he pussified Foreigner. He did the same to Def Leppard, it just took a couple albums before it was obvious.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Nice...

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Hmmm... I don't have me & my wine on my vinyl, casette or CD version.

It must have been remastered with, "Me & My Wine" added to it.

Seriously, FORD the whole band was ready for the BETTY FORD clinic!

Burn in hell Mutt Lange!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Well here is the "Bringin on the Heartbreak" Video from the Pete Willis days:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JOHHH6JjENo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JOHHH6JjENo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Hello America!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's another theory I had....

In the older videos, it almost seems like Def Leppard is trying to look like Ac/Dc somewhat. Hell, the first time I heard "Let It Go" on the radio, I thought it WAS Ac/Dc.

Obviously they altered Joe Elliot's appearance a great deal before Pyromania was released. Maybe Pete (who was approximately the same size as Angus Young) wouldn't subject to the makeover?

Kinda crazy, but it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to ever happen in rock n roll.

Nor was Pete the first drunk to get fired from a band of drunks. Dave Mustaine beat him by a few months. And I'm sure there were others.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Pete wasn't able to get pretty enough for the upcoming Pyromania vids, so they shitcanned him (only half-kidding).

Read where Willis came in to lay down some solos for Pyromania, and he was bombed, so Lange threw him out of the studio and told him not to come back until he sobered up. Shortly after that, Elliot fired him. Nice, eh?

Post-Willis, Pyromania is about the only Lep album I can even deal with now. Rest of it is too overproduced and Bon Jovi-ish.

High N' Dry was Lepps last good album, agreed.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        Hmmm... I don't have me & my wine on my vinyl, casette or CD version.

It must have been remastered with, "Me & My Wine" added to it.

Seriously, FORD the whole band was ready for the BETTY FORD clinic!

Burn in hell Mutt Lange!
                        I bought High 'N Dry shortly after Pyromania and my copy is the same as Fords.
                        They must have reissued it with the extras after Pyro sales took off.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Excellent thread WARF!

Original Lepp rules.

I too can still stomach Pyromania (save for maybe sissified 'Photograph'), but after that, its all shit.

Even Hysteria. Utter crap.

How about Adrenalize?? "Make Love Like A Man". WTF?????
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

There are atleast one good song from Both Hysteria and Adrenlize...

From Hysteria, "Gods Of War"

Adrenlize, "Tonight" (Could have been a pyromania leftover.... almost classic...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Was the "Me & My Wine" video intentionally ridiculous? Because if it was, well they hit the bull's eye there...
                              I can't believe they could shoot that at the time of Pyromania, I think of the "Rock of Ages" vid that WARF posted as well a few months ago. That one was something else.
                              As for the track itself, well, I'm sorry but, I find it highly dispensable. It doesn't matter not to have it on my copy of "High 'n' Dry", really.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...